ATT&T and Apple...

Tutor

ATT&T and Apple...

Ladies and Gentlemen!

I realize this question is old. But if there's someone who can explain articulately and not play football with the "Apple".

I have confirmation about carrier unlock from AT&T. Despite the fact that i did step by step instructions, of course I can't activate not AT&T sim card. Because:

1. I Have not origial SIM card, that came with device? Or?

2. It takes more then one month? Or?

3. Fraud checking? Or?

4. Out of US?

5. Something else?

Please provide me, what the best way to resolve that?

I'm looking for solution to the problem rather than the problem itself.

I can purchase a "single incident of support" from Apple (about $19), but does it make sense?

Who can confirm unequivocally, whose is the glitch? Apple or AT&T?

Where I carry my phone? Apple or AT&T?

With great hope and best regards.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (582 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: ATT&T and Apple...

Although you have the approval from AT&T, Apple hasn't received the word from AT&T. Your unlock has gotten lost somewhere in the process. Contact one of the community managers like Dmitry (https://forums.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2139912#.UvAZTz1dU-J)
They can get you in contact with the proper people for resolution.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (577 Views)
Tutor

Yes, It was. He help to connect with ATT social care. But not resolved... Forwarded to Apple. Should i try resolve this with Apple for $19? Is there any cases like this?

Message 3 of 5 (566 Views)
Master

Reconnect with ATT. Apple is probably not going to do anything as they expect that communication to come through ATT.  Don't waste your $19.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 5 (477 Views)
ACE - Master

Crushn wrote:

Yes, It was. He help to connect with ATT social care. But not resolved... Forwarded to Apple. Should i try resolve this with Apple for $19? Is there any cases like this?

If you spend the money with Apple, they will just tell you that they haven't received the approval from AT&T yet, so save that $19. 

You do not need the original SIM unless it was a new phone purchased that was never activated on the AT&T account it was purchased for. It doesn't matter if you are in the US or any other country as long as you meet the requirements from AT&T, and they process the unlock, it should unlock. It does sound like your unlock "hit a snag" and is now hung until someone manually clears it.  I have seen a couple other people that had similar issues, and it required working directly with AT&T Customer Care to finally resolve.  You would probably be best to work directly with them on this. 

Good luck!

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5 (471 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.