Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 15, 2013
11:25:03 AM
ATT Unite device still downloading after 14 hours

Hi i just got the ATT Unite hotspot about a month ago worked great until yesterday.  I went to plug it in to charge and it started downloading software updates its still downloading after 14 hours. This is the second download it has done since I received it  The first download was fine this one not too sure. my iphone doesnt take that long to download software. If I take the battery out will it reset itself a software download should not take 14 hours and counting

Hi i just got the ATT Unite hotspot about a month ago worked great until yesterday.  I went to plug it in to charge and it started downloading software updates its still downloading after 14 hours. This is the second download it has done since I received it  The first download was fine this one not too sure. my iphone doesnt take that long to download software. If I take the battery out will it reset itself a software download should not take 14 hours and counting

ATT Unite device still downloading after 14 hours

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 9:49:30 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @Gulana94 

Are you still experiencing the issue? You're right, a software update shouldn't be taking this long, it it's still downloading, you can pull the battery to reset it, but if it's showing "installing", "preparing" or "processing", pulling the battery can damage your device.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @Gulana94 

Are you still experiencing the issue? You're right, a software update shouldn't be taking this long, it it's still downloading, you can pull the battery to reset it, but if it's showing "installing", "preparing" or "processing", pulling the battery can damage your device.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: ATT Unite device still downloading after 14 hours

2 of 4 (509 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 11:23:35 AM
(0)
Tutor

No I called support and they said the download killed my device and they replaced it. Which works for me. Even when I took the battery out it did nothing. So I am happy they replaced it

No I called support and they said the download killed my device and they replaced it. Which works for me. Even when I took the battery out it did nothing. So I am happy they replaced it

3 of 4 (500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 11:31:05 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Thanks for your update, I'm glad you got it resolved! Please come back anytime you need anything or have questions.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Thanks for your update, I'm glad you got it resolved! Please come back anytime you need anything or have questions.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (496 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments