Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 4, 2014
2:20:01 PM
ATT SHOULD BE GIVEN THE AWARD FOR "WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE"
For many years (10 years) i have stood behind att and theyre service, i have always believed theyre customer service needed some help and theyre prices where way to high just as verizon but yet i stayed with them because of theyre service but today (03/04/14) it just went beyond "good service". I have payed along side my mom our bill for a long time now and have never had an issue even though we pay almost 400 dollars a month for phone service and today i had my service shut because i dint pay my bill which i understood but i had just payed 400 dollars a week ago and now another 400 only owed that one and i called a customer service number to see if they could do anything and i spoke to a RUDE, SPITEFUL rep who was no help and i had no want to speak to her ARROGANT character so i asked to speak to a manager and the "MANAGER" Erick was worse INSULTING and absolutely had no interest to see if he could help me i tried getting a payment arrangement and he said he could "Do nothing until the full bill is payed" im mot paying 100 dollars a month its a big bill and Att customer service has such lil intentions of helping theyre customers that theyre are willing to let them have no phone service and no help out what so ever. I would have left this company but i have a contract and i cant afford to leave them but this will be the last contract they have with me. ATT is complete GARBAGE and cant count on being able to treat people like this because of good service since many companies are catching up to they're coverage at a much cost much more affordable.
For many years (10 years) i have stood behind att and theyre service, i have always believed theyre customer service needed some help and theyre prices where way to high just as verizon but yet i stayed with them because of theyre service but today (03/04/14) it just went beyond "good service". I have payed along side my mom our bill for a long time now and have never had an issue even though we pay almost 400 dollars a month for phone service and today i had my service shut because i dint pay my bill which i understood but i had just payed 400 dollars a week ago and now another 400 only owed that one and i called a customer service number to see if they could do anything and i spoke to a RUDE, SPITEFUL rep who was no help and i had no want to speak to her ARROGANT character so i asked to speak to a manager and the "MANAGER" Erick was worse INSULTING and absolutely had no interest to see if he could help me i tried getting a payment arrangement and he said he could "Do nothing until the full bill is payed" im mot paying 100 dollars a month its a big bill and Att customer service has such lil intentions of helping theyre customers that theyre are willing to let them have no phone service and no help out what so ever. I would have left this company but i have a contract and i cant afford to leave them but this will be the last contract they have with me. ATT is complete GARBAGE and cant count on being able to treat people like this because of good service since many companies are catching up to they're coverage at a much cost much more affordable.

ATT SHOULD BE GIVEN THE AWARD FOR "WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE"

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 4:25:10 PM
(0)
Tutor
That is unfortunate you feel that way. I have just had a major issue with billing on a new upgraded phone type and plan in which the store gave me inaccurate information. Resulting in a much higher monthly bill than I can afford. While the store did not care about my issue or my 20+ years multiple services account loyalty, the support staff on the phone were outstanding. They went above and beyond what was expected to resolve my issue and retain my accounts. I guarantee if you approach your issue with them respectively, or not they have and will do everything possible to help you. But if you treat them nicely you might get farther. Have you ever heard the old saying "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar"? Well that holds up in every aspect of life. I suggest you bring your account current and then call them and work out a more affordable plan for your needs. I promise they will do everything they can for you. So you don't wonder, I am not nor have I ever been employed by att. I am only a very satisfied customer.
That is unfortunate you feel that way. I have just had a major issue with billing on a new upgraded phone type and plan in which the store gave me inaccurate information. Resulting in a much higher monthly bill than I can afford. While the store did not care about my issue or my 20+ years multiple services account loyalty, the support staff on the phone were outstanding. They went above and beyond what was expected to resolve my issue and retain my accounts. I guarantee if you approach your issue with them respectively, or not they have and will do everything possible to help you. But if you treat them nicely you might get farther. Have you ever heard the old saying "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar"? Well that holds up in every aspect of life. I suggest you bring your account current and then call them and work out a more affordable plan for your needs. I promise they will do everything they can for you. So you don't wonder, I am not nor have I ever been employed by att. I am only a very satisfied customer.

Re: ATT SHOULD BE GIVEN THE AWARD FOR "WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE"

2 of 6 (431 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 9:52:48 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @libia0930 

I apologize for any misunderstanding or less than perfect customer service you received. Unfortunately, a payment arrangement can not be made after the account is suspended, and there are some restrictions, you can learn more about it here. If you need more help, our team will be happy to assist with anything we can, please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @libia0930 

I apologize for any misunderstanding or less than perfect customer service you received. Unfortunately, a payment arrangement can not be made after the account is suspended, and there are some restrictions, you can learn more about it here. If you need more help, our team will be happy to assist with anything we can, please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 6 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 5:24:04 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by T-Boy on Mar 6, 2014 at 3:55:22 PM

barbwyre wrote:

Two points: You are correct that treating a problem with respect will usually work best.

Second point: Why are there so many billing errors that takes multiple phone calls to get corrected??

When someone is told each line on a plan will be $15 a line and the bill comes in at $40 a line it has to almost be on purpose to have this happen to so many people. How many people just pay the bill and never question the charge. Does At&T see the error and correct it or just keep the over charge. Billing errors are a way of income for some corporations and if they continue you have to think the company is not really interested in clearing them up.

barbwyre wrote:

Two points: You are correct that treating a problem with respect will usually work best.

Second point: Why are there so many billing errors that takes multiple phone calls to get corrected??

When someone is told each line on a plan will be $15 a line and the bill comes in at $40 a line it has to almost be on purpose to have this happen to so many people. How many people just pay the bill and never question the charge. Does At&T see the error and correct it or just keep the over charge. Billing errors are a way of income for some corporations and if they continue you have to think the company is not really interested in clearing them up.

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 7:17:08 PM
(0)
Tutor
I have no knowledge of the situation you are referring to, therefore I am unable to give you an educated response. I can tell you (from past experiences in dealing and working for big companies), that an upstanding company who has a long-term goal of remaining in business will not just over-look mistakes like you are referring to. That would be ignorant and for sure spell the beginning of the end of that company. Because without customers you have no business(the risk would for sure outweigh the small windfall from the error).
I have no knowledge of the situation you are referring to, therefore I am unable to give you an educated response. I can tell you (from past experiences in dealing and working for big companies), that an upstanding company who has a long-term goal of remaining in business will not just over-look mistakes like you are referring to. That would be ignorant and for sure spell the beginning of the end of that company. Because without customers you have no business(the risk would for sure outweigh the small windfall from the error).

5 of 6 (364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 2:54:02 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by T-Boy on Mar 6, 2014 at 3:56:31 PM

barbwyre wrote:

Two points:

1. Monopoly.

2. Take a look at AT&T rating for customer service and get back to us.

barbwyre wrote:

Two points:

1. Monopoly.

2. Take a look at AT&T rating for customer service and get back to us.

[ Edited ]
6 of 6 (321 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments