ATT Next Return Policy

ATT Next Return Policy

We recently changed to ATT Next and I ordered my phone online (Iphone 5S). However I found my old phone as I thought I lost it so I went to return the online order to a store.

Now your return policy clearly states you can return an ATT Next phone to the store and it also clearly states apple devices have no restocking fee.

So if this is the case why was I told this was not the case when I went in store and adimently told I would have to pay the $35 restocking fee?!

On top of this they also said to mail it back with a return label in the shipping box, I then got home and no such label was there, even better.

So do you need to update your return policy as today I have printed off the return policy and fully intend on updating the store about their own return policies. However if for some reason the online return policy is not correct I would like to know before going back to the store.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10 (1,796 Views)

Re: ATT Next Return Policy

Browsing a bit more I think I am right and I need to update ATT staff about their own policies, which is shocking.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-General-Care-and/Returning-trading-phone/m-p/3896957#.UxYG3nkihg0

Message 2 of 10 (1,787 Views)
ACE - Professor

LasagnaFor1 wrote:

We recently changed to ATT Next and I ordered my phone online (Iphone 5S). However I found my old phone as I thought I lost it so I went to return the online order to a store.

Now your return policy clearly states you can return an ATT Next phone to the store and it also clearly states apple devices have no restocking fee.

So if this is the case why was I told this was not the case when I went in store and adimently told I would have to pay the $35 restocking fee?!

On top of this they also said to mail it back with a return label in the shipping box, I then got home and no such label was there, even better.

So do you need to update your return policy as today I have printed off the return policy and fully intend on updating the store about their own return policies. However if for some reason the online return policy is not correct I would like to know before going back to the store.

Thanks.

Was the device unopened? The Apple product return policy says there's no restocking fee only if it was returned unopened.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 10 (1,783 Views)

Thanks for the reply, the shipping box was not even opened so yes completely untouched.

Message 4 of 10 (1,777 Views)
Guru

I believe the store would need to open the shipping box to accept the return to view the phone info. If the box is unopened, I would write down the tracking number, call customer service and tell them you're gonna return it, and return to sender. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,765 Views)

[ Edited ]

As I was ill today my wife had to go and even with the policy in hand they still refused the return. I don't know what AT&T's issue is here but they need to sort it out. I will do it by mail now but the first chance I now get to leave AT&T I will as it is extremely unprofessional that a return policy is not enforced and store staff seem to be able to create their own policy on their whim.

Message 6 of 10 (1,737 Views)
Professor

Was this a Corporate Owned Retail store or an authorized retailer that you went to?  An authorized retailer may not be able to accept the return.

Message 7 of 10 (1,728 Views)

According to the site it is corporate:

http://www.att.com/maps/print/printlocators.html?selectedTab=storeLocation&subSelection=store&locati...

That is the store on West Genesee St., Camillus, NY, 13031

Message 8 of 10 (1,720 Views)
Community Manager

Hello @LasagnaFor1 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry about any misunderstanding, we will reach our to the store management and share your feedback. In a meantime, please let me know if you need help with anything and our team will be happy to assist.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 10 (1,694 Views)
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply.

The main thing I want to know is if they were in the wrong and if so why has this happened, now I must go through the longer process of mailing it back.

Not to mention I was on the phone for 45 minutes last night just to get a return label. You then use some odd return system for your labels instead of FedEx which also is not great.

Message 10 of 10 (1,691 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.