Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 9, 2013
7:02:02 AM
View profile
ATT NEXT 'yearly upgrade plan'
I first like to say AT&T has been the best wireless phone service I've had despite its occasional problems. But I would like to say I have been a reliable customer for over three, consistently paying my bill on time. I have used many upgrades considering I have three phones on my line. But this new NEXT upgrade plan is crap. Pardon my language. I heard about this program and thought I would check it out. I've learned some things that are making me want to change services. You can upgrade your phone, but you must give them your existing phone, and are not eligible if your phone is not in good condition, and you must pay them a restocking fee for them to take your phone. You must also pay for the upgraded for 20 months on your bill. Which is about $150 more expensive than t-mobile & Verizon's new upgrade plans. And paying for 20 months makes the new phone more expensive than the sale price. Now that's ridiculous. If they do not make changes to this upgrade plan, they will be loosing a valued customer. And I will take my business elsewhere.
I first like to say AT&T has been the best wireless phone service I've had despite its occasional problems. But I would like to say I have been a reliable customer for over three, consistently paying my bill on time. I have used many upgrades considering I have three phones on my line. But this new NEXT upgrade plan is crap. Pardon my language. I heard about this program and thought I would check it out. I've learned some things that are making me want to change services. You can upgrade your phone, but you must give them your existing phone, and are not eligible if your phone is not in good condition, and you must pay them a restocking fee for them to take your phone. You must also pay for the upgraded for 20 months on your bill. Which is about $150 more expensive than t-mobile & Verizon's new upgrade plans. And paying for 20 months makes the new phone more expensive than the sale price. Now that's ridiculous. If they do not make changes to this upgrade plan, they will be loosing a valued customer. And I will take my business elsewhere.

ATT NEXT 'yearly upgrade plan'

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 7:26:01 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Aug 9, 2013 at 7:29:15 AM

Alyssabooth wrote:

first the return of the device is universal, t-mobile also requires the device either be paid off or turned in when you upgrade @ 6 months, right now t-mobile is running a 0 down sales incentive, when that expires you will be required to put down a down payment, they may make in a perment thing but who knows. In addition to that t-mobile charges you an additional 10.00 a month per device for the jump plan - so this cuts your 150.00 estimate down to 30.00. 20 months as compared to 24 is a difference of less then 5.00 based on a 649.00 Iphone, in the end you pay exactly the same price, just one gets paid off 4 months earlier

Sorry but did you really think that either t-mobile or att would actuially let you keep the device without paying it off in full if you upgrade at the 6 month (t-mobile) or the 12 month (att) mark and take a loss on the cost of the device?

Alyssabooth wrote:

first the return of the device is universal, t-mobile also requires the device either be paid off or turned in when you upgrade @ 6 months, right now t-mobile is running a 0 down sales incentive, when that expires you will be required to put down a down payment, they may make in a perment thing but who knows. In addition to that t-mobile charges you an additional 10.00 a month per device for the jump plan - so this cuts your 150.00 estimate down to 30.00. 20 months as compared to 24 is a difference of less then 5.00 based on a 649.00 Iphone, in the end you pay exactly the same price, just one gets paid off 4 months earlier

Sorry but did you really think that either t-mobile or att would actuially let you keep the device without paying it off in full if you upgrade at the 6 month (t-mobile) or the 12 month (att) mark and take a loss on the cost of the device?

Re: ATT NEXT 'yearly upgrade plan'

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (2,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2013 9:53:43 PM
(0)
Employee
Go talk to a rep at a store about how NEXT works before just trying to figure it out by reading. It can be explained much better in store.
Go talk to a rep at a store about how NEXT works before just trying to figure it out by reading. It can be explained much better in store.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 7 (1,080 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 5:38:49 AM
(0)
Expert

aGuyWhoKnows wrote:

since the post is over 3 months old, I suspect they have their answer alreadySmiley Happy

aGuyWhoKnows wrote:

since the post is over 3 months old, I suspect they have their answer alreadySmiley Happy

4 of 7 (1,072 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 8:22:33 PM
(0)
Employee
Wasn't checking dates...lol
Wasn't checking dates...lol
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (1,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2015 12:04:43 AM
(0)
Contributor
I have the iPhone 6 128gb on the next plan. I payed
42.50 for it for 12 months which = 510.00
Now At&t says in order to get the upgrade
On the new iPhone 6s Plus 128gb. I would have to
Pay 255.00 and give them my iPhone 6. Do the math that's 765.00 I have paid for the phone already if I go along with them. The other option I have is to pay 339.00 to pay off my phone and own it out right and start a new next plan. This is a joke on the next plan I'd rather just buy the phone and start a new plan.
I have the iPhone 6 128gb on the next plan. I payed
42.50 for it for 12 months which = 510.00
Now At&t says in order to get the upgrade
On the new iPhone 6s Plus 128gb. I would have to
Pay 255.00 and give them my iPhone 6. Do the math that's 765.00 I have paid for the phone already if I go along with them. The other option I have is to pay 339.00 to pay off my phone and own it out right and start a new next plan. This is a joke on the next plan I'd rather just buy the phone and start a new plan.

6 of 7 (100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2015 6:50:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Old post, old info....

We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information

Old post, old info....

We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information
We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (64 Views)