ATT Cutomer care survey

Tutor

ATT Cutomer care survey

I received a customer care survey about ATT service quality today morning. There were 3/4 questions. The caller also verified my name and 4 digits of ssn. He gave his ID and name, and said I will get credit of $20 per account. Was this a scam ?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 15 (3,420 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: ATT Cutomer care survey

Possibly. A general rule of thumb is you should not tell your name & SSN to a caller. When *you* are calling AT&T CS on a well known number (611 from your phone or 1-800-331-0500), *then* it's OK to divulge that information. There could be exceptions to the rule, but AT&T giving you a $20 credit for a survey sounds extremely bogus to me.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 15 (3,389 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for your reply, the call was from 1-800-331-0500. If it was a scam, what should I do to protect my accounts ? I called ATT customer service and talked to them.

Message 3 of 15 (3,385 Views)
ACE - Expert

Call CS and ask to add passphrase protection to your account. Oh, and if you do get a $20 credit, please post back — I'm sure it'll make everybody breathe a little easier knowing that it was a legitimate call.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 15 (3,328 Views)
Expert

I'm curious to see if this was real or not, too...Hmmmmm...

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 5 of 15 (3,321 Views)
Expert

Another thing you can do is send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

Message 6 of 15 (3,308 Views)
Tutor

Thanks to everyone. I have sent a PM to ATTCustomerCare, hopefully will get response soon.

Message 7 of 15 (3,287 Views)
Mentor

Its a scam, basically youll only get surveys from att for the first hour to the second hour you finished talking with a live representative, and if you already answered a survey from att within 30 days they wont send you one again, and they dont do credits for answering surveys
Message 8 of 15 (3,238 Views)
Tutor

So, whats the scammer going to do with the info he got from me ?
Message 9 of 15 (3,218 Views)
Mentor

ATT FREE MSG: $ 10 credit for 1st 1000 customers completing GoPhone customer opinion survey now thru 9/7. Use your computer to take survey at go2op.com. Thanks

NOTE: The following – you will be asked if the cell phone is your primary phone – answer NO and you know what happens. Requires cell number and they Cache it…

found this on website somewhere.. hope that this is the one you just got

Message 10 of 15 (3,196 Views)
Community Support

Hi arnott,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be contacting you soon to look into this. gave some great advice above, I would also suggest adding a passcode to your account.

If you haven't already, you can add the passcode by logging into your account at www.att.com, going to "Profile" and selecting "Account Information."

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 11 of 15 (3,121 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for your e-mail. I have added the passcode now. I am also worried my personal info used on my non-ATT accounts.

Message 12 of 15 (3,050 Views)
Tutor

Just talked to ATT, it was a scam. The call was from a spoofed number. I need to monitor my credit and other accounts carefully now.
Message 13 of 15 (2,970 Views)
Contributor

Well i need a sim card for my z431.No one told me that after not using my z431 for 4 months that i would lose my # and would have t. get new sim card.
Message 14 of 15 (2,918 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

at&t only provides Customer surveys via text ( for wireless customers) and via e-mail (for U-verse customers)

Message 15 of 15 (2,877 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.