Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 25, 2014
8:18:30 PM
View profile
ATT Customer Service has taken a nosedive for the worse

I never want to criticize without saying something good if possible. I have been an ATT customer since it was Southwestern Bell back in the late 80s . I never was late on a payment nor have I ever " jumped ship " to other cell phone service providers like most people I know do. I have always been happy with my cell service and the price for what I get from att. With that said I want to say today that changed as I found out how some att sales reps will lie to you to make a sell. I guess that's the thanks I get for being a loyal customers for all these years. I know that one or two bad apples aren't suppose to spoil the whole barrel but I called three times before I spoke to someone who gave a darn about my issue. I'm not sure if these customer service sales/reps are just ignorant or not trained properly. I do know this, AT&T Wireless you got serious problems in this dept. I hope att corporate cares enough to fix their flaws.

I never want to criticize without saying something good if possible. I have been an ATT customer since it was Southwestern Bell back in the late 80s . I never was late on a payment nor have I ever " jumped ship " to other cell phone service providers like most people I know do. I have always been happy with my cell service and the price for what I get from att. With that said I want to say today that changed as I found out how some att sales reps will lie to you to make a sell. I guess that's the thanks I get for being a loyal customers for all these years. I know that one or two bad apples aren't suppose to spoil the whole barrel but I called three times before I spoke to someone who gave a darn about my issue. I'm not sure if these customer service sales/reps are just ignorant or not trained properly. I do know this, AT&T Wireless you got serious problems in this dept. I hope att corporate cares enough to fix their flaws.

ATT Customer Service has taken a nosedive for the worse

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 4:38:19 AM
(0)
Guru
Why should corporate care? They make more money when sales reps trick customers.
Why should corporate care? They make more money when sales reps trick customers.

Re: ATT Customer Service has taken a nosedive for the worse

2 of 4 (433 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 6:05:04 PM
(0)
Tutor

Your right it's about money by trickery and lying. It didn't work on me.

Your right it's about money by trickery and lying. It didn't work on me.

3 of 4 (390 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 12:12:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

I had the misfortune of calling Customer No Service today.  I had a negative experience.  It shouldn't take close to an hour to get some basic answers.  They definitely need to train their first-level people.  OMG, how many times can they put you on hold while they try to search a data base for answers to things they should have been trained on.

Then, I get a scam call within an hour of making the call.  Looks almost like the scammers are tuned into their call center.  Odd that I'd get a phone call to tell me to go to a website to get my free credit for service.  One could always dream that ATT would credit you for enduring the torture of their Customer Service.

I had the misfortune of calling Customer No Service today.  I had a negative experience.  It shouldn't take close to an hour to get some basic answers.  They definitely need to train their first-level people.  OMG, how many times can they put you on hold while they try to search a data base for answers to things they should have been trained on.

Then, I get a scam call within an hour of making the call.  Looks almost like the scammers are tuned into their call center.  Odd that I'd get a phone call to tell me to go to a website to get my free credit for service.  One could always dream that ATT would credit you for enduring the torture of their Customer Service.

4 of 4 (357 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments