Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 30, 2014
8:18:51 AM
View profile
AT&T, thanks for the help for a long-time customer in good standing

Best Buy is having a sale on iPhone 5C's, which I desperately wanted to take advantage of for my daughter's upgrade.  My daughter's upgrade date is 5/12/14 (I tried this on 4/28/14).  We were within 2 weeks so I talked to the people at the AT&T store and they suggested I talk to customer service to see if they would let me upgrade early.  So I did.  Do you think they would override that date?  Absolutely not.  Oh, I could upgrade if I wanted to pay a $95 early termination fee but, other than that, "sorry sir".  Sorry my butt.  So strong is your greed that you want everyone to go to your stupid AT&T Next plan so you can screw us all by not subsidizing phones.  So by not allowing me to take advantage of a sale, I will now pay more when my daughter can upgrade.  Thanks for sticking it to a long-time customer in good standing.  There's an old saying, "don't let pennies get in the way of dollars".  Well, you did.  And as soon as I can get out of AT&T, I will.  So kiss your $200+ dollars a month goodbye.  I hope your lack of flexibility served you well.  Your greed and lack of customer service will bite you.  Good luck with your AT&T Next plan.  I'm moving to a company that values its customers as much as it does their customers' money.

Best Buy is having a sale on iPhone 5C's, which I desperately wanted to take advantage of for my daughter's upgrade.  My daughter's upgrade date is 5/12/14 (I tried this on 4/28/14).  We were within 2 weeks so I talked to the people at the AT&T store and they suggested I talk to customer service to see if they would let me upgrade early.  So I did.  Do you think they would override that date?  Absolutely not.  Oh, I could upgrade if I wanted to pay a $95 early termination fee but, other than that, "sorry sir".  Sorry my butt.  So strong is your greed that you want everyone to go to your stupid AT&T Next plan so you can screw us all by not subsidizing phones.  So by not allowing me to take advantage of a sale, I will now pay more when my daughter can upgrade.  Thanks for sticking it to a long-time customer in good standing.  There's an old saying, "don't let pennies get in the way of dollars".  Well, you did.  And as soon as I can get out of AT&T, I will.  So kiss your $200+ dollars a month goodbye.  I hope your lack of flexibility served you well.  Your greed and lack of customer service will bite you.  Good luck with your AT&T Next plan.  I'm moving to a company that values its customers as much as it does their customers' money.

AT&T, thanks for the help for a long-time customer in good standing

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 8:27:25 AM
(0)
Employee

Not a phone company in the world that will allow early upgrade,(ive been with just about every carrier through the years) its unfortunate for those of us that have broken phones, My nokia 920 is dead in the water and i have 6 more days until im eligable, right or wrong it is what it is so im stuck with a nikia flip phone for the nextr few days, My question to you would be have you been happy with the service so far? seems a shame to throw your hat in over 12 days. Unless the sale is over before then. 

Not a phone company in the world that will allow early upgrade,(ive been with just about every carrier through the years) its unfortunate for those of us that have broken phones, My nokia 920 is dead in the water and i have 6 more days until im eligable, right or wrong it is what it is so im stuck with a nikia flip phone for the nextr few days, My question to you would be have you been happy with the service so far? seems a shame to throw your hat in over 12 days. Unless the sale is over before then. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T, thanks for the help for a long-time customer in good standing

2 of 4 (544 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 10:01:44 AM
(0)
Former Employee
Edited by sandblaster on Apr 30, 2014 at 10:11:52 AM

dthomas1029 wrote:

Good luck with whatever provider you decide on because they all have their own equivilent to Next and some of them don't even offer a subsidized phone any more. The simple fact is all of the carriers are trying to get out of the phone subsidy business.

Oh, by the way, if you happen to have switched to the Mobile Share plan, that upgraded phone will probably cost you more over the 2 year contract period even at the sale price than it would on Next.

dthomas1029 wrote:

Good luck with whatever provider you decide on because they all have their own equivilent to Next and some of them don't even offer a subsidized phone any more. The simple fact is all of the carriers are trying to get out of the phone subsidy business.

Oh, by the way, if you happen to have switched to the Mobile Share plan, that upgraded phone will probably cost you more over the 2 year contract period even at the sale price than it would on Next.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 8:50:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

One side note for you.  Since you say the contract is up in May, just go into the AT&T Corporate store on May first and you should be able to get your upgrade.  As far as I know, AT&T stil lets you upgrad anytime during the month in which your contract expiration happes.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

One side note for you.  Since you say the contract is up in May, just go into the AT&T Corporate store on May first and you should be able to get your upgrade.  As far as I know, AT&T stil lets you upgrad anytime during the month in which your contract expiration happes.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (494 Views)