Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 10, 2013
12:33:41 PM
AT&T removed my unlimited data!!! Won't put it back!
Extremely frustrated. Upgraded about a month ago and I asked the young man twice to make my data plan remained unlimited (grandfathered). He still messed up and didn't. Seems like an easy fix until you call for help and don't get any! The first level people tell you there's nothing they can do. What? There is always something you can do...now I'm waiting on a finance manager in Orlando to get back with me. Everyone I talked to agreed this wasn't my fault, but theirs. So why is it so hard to fix? I'm a 20 year faithful customer. I am not a person to get angry or mad about stuff like this...but I'm close over this deal. Anyone else have an experience like this???
Extremely frustrated. Upgraded about a month ago and I asked the young man twice to make my data plan remained unlimited (grandfathered). He still messed up and didn't. Seems like an easy fix until you call for help and don't get any! The first level people tell you there's nothing they can do. What? There is always something you can do...now I'm waiting on a finance manager in Orlando to get back with me. Everyone I talked to agreed this wasn't my fault, but theirs. So why is it so hard to fix? I'm a 20 year faithful customer. I am not a person to get angry or mad about stuff like this...but I'm close over this deal. Anyone else have an experience like this???

AT&T removed my unlimited data!!! Won't put it back!

12 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 1:28:18 PM
(0)
Expert

Kelly Boston wrote:

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

Kelly Boston wrote:

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

Re: AT&T removed my unlimited data!!! Won't put it back!

2 of 13 (4,424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 2:14:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

The Unlimited "Data" is if use WiFi. I use WiFi all the time and my actual data usage is VERY low. Make sure ya have yer WiFi turned on.

The Unlimited "Data" is if use WiFi. I use WiFi all the time and my actual data usage is VERY low. Make sure ya have yer WiFi turned on.

Re: AT&T removed my unlimited data!!!

3 of 13 (4,422 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 3:00:52 PM
(0)
Tutor
I understand that. But that does not fix my problem. Unlimited data is what I had...and it was removed without my permission. It could be an easy fix if I could find one reasonable person at AT&T. I am yet to find that person, but I know they're out there, because this problem has been fixed for others.

Sent from Kelly's iPhone
I understand that. But that does not fix my problem. Unlimited data is what I had...and it was removed without my permission. It could be an easy fix if I could find one reasonable person at AT&T. I am yet to find that person, but I know they're out there, because this problem has been fixed for others.

Sent from Kelly's iPhone

Re: AT

4 of 13 (4,413 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 9:24:17 PM
(0)
Expert

Kelly Boston wrote:

Sent from Kelly's iPhone

I also suggest sending ATTCustomerCare a private Message, here on this forum, as wingrider01 has already told you. They are different than who would speak to by phone and have been very helpful in resolving issues.

Please include a brief description of the issue you are having, your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to be reached. Please allow up to 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS for a Representative to contact you. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Kelly Boston wrote:

Sent from Kelly's iPhone

I also suggest sending ATTCustomerCare a private Message, here on this forum, as wingrider01 has already told you. They are different than who would speak to by phone and have been very helpful in resolving issues.

Please include a brief description of the issue you are having, your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to be reached. Please allow up to 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS for a Representative to contact you. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Re: AT

5 of 13 (4,386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 12:15:53 AM
(0)
Professor

Josh9899 wrote:

Seriously, man?

Josh9899 wrote:

Seriously, man?

Re: AT&T removed my unlimited data!!!

6 of 13 (4,337 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 12:27:56 AM
(0)
Teacher

If you willingly asked them to change your plan then you can't get it back. But if it was a error on AT&T's part only a manager/supervisor is able to get it back. I reccomend calling and explaining the situation and possibly get a manager on the phone. If this happened recently they should be able to fix it, if this happened a long time ago then most likely you can't get it back, but first they would probably review that call you made. Mainly to see where the error was made.

If you willingly asked them to change your plan then you can't get it back. But if it was a error on AT&T's part only a manager/supervisor is able to get it back. I reccomend calling and explaining the situation and possibly get a manager on the phone. If this happened recently they should be able to fix it, if this happened a long time ago then most likely you can't get it back, but first they would probably review that call you made. Mainly to see where the error was made.

7 of 13 (4,168 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 4:51:48 PM
(0)
Scholar

Give them another call and ask someone higher up the chain. Perhaps they can send a service request for you.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]

Give them another call and ask someone higher up the chain. Perhaps they can send a service request for you.

8 of 13 (4,051 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 4:57:42 AM
(0)
Teacher
I take it you got another 2 year contract? When you signed off on the contract there was a reciept. What does the reciept say? If it still says unlimited like mine did, then they should be able to change it back no problem. However, if the reciept doesn't say that then you might have a problem because you signed off on on it switching.
I take it you got another 2 year contract? When you signed off on the contract there was a reciept. What does the reciept say? If it still says unlimited like mine did, then they should be able to change it back no problem. However, if the reciept doesn't say that then you might have a problem because you signed off on on it switching.

9 of 13 (4,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 10:09:13 AM
(0)
Expert

ranron wrote:

better to send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

ranron wrote:

better to send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

10 of 13 (4,022 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 5:46:53 AM
(0)
Contributor
This just happened to me too. I went in to the store to simply upgrade my phone. At the time they had a promotion that if you buy a note3 you get a free tablet. The employee offer me the promotion and I initially declined. She asked me again and so I specifically asked will I have to add a new data plan? She said no that the tablet will be shared with my current data. I asked if i will be charged extra and she said no. I thought I really going to get a free tablet. It turned out she removed my unlimited data plan put me into this share plan with limited data. I just noticed change when my phone bill went up to $300. I asked for my old plan back and is willingly to give back the tablet that I didn't want in the first place, but they said they can do anything about it because it's been 2 weeks. Did you get your plan back?
This just happened to me too. I went in to the store to simply upgrade my phone. At the time they had a promotion that if you buy a note3 you get a free tablet. The employee offer me the promotion and I initially declined. She asked me again and so I specifically asked will I have to add a new data plan? She said no that the tablet will be shared with my current data. I asked if i will be charged extra and she said no. I thought I really going to get a free tablet. It turned out she removed my unlimited data plan put me into this share plan with limited data. I just noticed change when my phone bill went up to $300. I asked for my old plan back and is willingly to give back the tablet that I didn't want in the first place, but they said they can do anything about it because it's been 2 weeks. Did you get your plan back?

11 of 13 (2,913 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 1:57:28 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello LVang, we would like to look into this situation for you. Can you please send me a private message here, please give me your name, phone number and store details as well as a rep name (you should see those on your paperwork or receipt).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello LVang, we would like to look into this situation for you. Can you please send me a private message here, please give me your name, phone number and store details as well as a rep name (you should see those on your paperwork or receipt).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

12 of 13 (2,893 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2014 6:55:50 AM
(0)
Voyager

Threaten to cancel service and they will jump on there toes. worked for me.

Threaten to cancel service and they will jump on there toes. worked for me.

13 of 13 (2,257 Views)