Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 15, 2014
7:39:48 PM
View profile
AT&T programmed voicemai greeting add-on; Take back the beep

When I first got my AT&T iPhone, callers to my voicemail heard only my personal greeting, and could then record their message.  A year ago or so, that changed.  Now callers to my voicemail hear my personal greeting, and then the standardized 'second greeting' from the recorded AT&T voice.  The AT&T voice tells callers, "At the tone, please record your message.  When you have finished recording, you may hang up or press 1 for more options."

I don't want that second AT&T greeting.  For a year, I have asked every single person I have seen in every AT&T retail store that I have visited, how to get rid of that 'second announce.'  I want my callers to hear my voice, followed by the tone.  I don't want a standard greeting; I want my personal greeting.  And I don't want my callers to have to hit an extra key (such as # or * or 1, etc.) to bypass the AT&T announce.

Can anyone at AT&T or outside of AT&T give me a definitive answer on how this can be done?  Or if it is impossible to do with an AT&T iPhone?

When I first got my AT&T iPhone, callers to my voicemail heard only my personal greeting, and could then record their message.  A year ago or so, that changed.  Now callers to my voicemail hear my personal greeting, and then the standardized 'second greeting' from the recorded AT&T voice.  The AT&T voice tells callers, "At the tone, please record your message.  When you have finished recording, you may hang up or press 1 for more options."

I don't want that second AT&T greeting.  For a year, I have asked every single person I have seen in every AT&T retail store that I have visited, how to get rid of that 'second announce.'  I want my callers to hear my voice, followed by the tone.  I don't want a standard greeting; I want my personal greeting.  And I don't want my callers to have to hit an extra key (such as # or * or 1, etc.) to bypass the AT&T announce.

Can anyone at AT&T or outside of AT&T give me a definitive answer on how this can be done?  Or if it is impossible to do with an AT&T iPhone?

AT&T programmed voicemai greeting add-on; Take back the beep

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 1:54:46 AM
(0)
Scholar
That's how it is these days. Same for everybody.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
That's how it is these days. Same for everybody.

Re: AT&T programmed voicemai greeting add-on; Take back the beep

2 of 2 (405 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments