AT&T - one of the annoying company....

Tutor

AT&T - one of the annoying company....

Its one of the annoying company in USA...So much of monopoly that it looks like they are run by whitehouse.

1. I have not understood why should I pay for data plan with smart phone when I don't want...

At home or office - everywhere I've wifi, and dim chances that to use data plan ...then why I'm forced...

And term and condition ...who reads that...And it should be valid term and condition and not the forced one...

2. They send us e-mail but when I want to send them e-mail for my concern and record then they don't have that facility...C'mon... in this age you don't have given this priviledge to customer... why? The whole world know your phone customer care are so lousy and they are another organisation within organisation...What they note no one know...And you may have to wait for hour to get it done...And if got disconnected, they don't call back...And if you calling again it goes to another executive and now you've to tell him your whole story again..

3. They send sometime paper bills etc, when you call about that bill or any discripancy then customer care guys say to ignore...And after one month again one more letter...

4. Two different executives will provide their own solution...There is no standard way of resolving the issue...If you get the good person on other end then he'll help you, if other person with bad mood then your mood is certain to be spoiled...

And its not that they trying to improve...

Message 1 of 2 (524 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: AT&T - one of the annoying company....

singhsat wrote:

Its one of the annoying company in USA...So much of monopoly that it looks like they are run by whitehouse.

1. I have not understood why should I pay for data plan with smart phone when I don't want...

At home or office - everywhere I've wifi, and dim chances that to use data plan ...then why I'm forced...

And term and condition ...who reads that...And it should be valid term and condition and not the forced one...

2. They send us e-mail but when I want to send them e-mail for my concern and record then they don't have that facility...C'mon... in this age you don't have given this priviledge to customer... why? The whole world know your phone customer care are so lousy and they are another organisation within organisation...What they note no one know...And you may have to wait for hour to get it done...And if got disconnected, they don't call back...And if you calling again it goes to another executive and now you've to tell him your whole story again..

3. They send sometime paper bills etc, when you call about that bill or any discripancy then customer care guys say to ignore...And after one month again one more letter...

4. Two different executives will provide their own solution...There is no standard way of resolving the issue...If you get the good person on other end then he'll help you, if other person with bad mood then your mood is certain to be spoiled...

And its not that they trying to improve...

1. guess what, sprint and verizon has the same exact policy, want a smartphone on contract then adhere to the terms of service. Wamt a smarpthone with no required data plan, use a gophone plan, data is not required for them, be aware some functionality of a smartphone does not work without cellular data - visual voice mail for one.

2. never been disconnected when I speak to support, but then I use a POTS line and not a cellular phone, I know that cellular technology is no where near 100 percent reliable because building matierals, solar flares, tower overloading, and just plan weak signal.

Not sure what world you are speaking of considering JD Powers who runs validate polls just names att  highest in cusotmer care - http://geeks.broadwayworld.com/article/ATT-Ranks-Highest-in-JD-Power-2013-Wireless-Full-Service-Cust...  but then thye do blanket send out questionaires to anyone that not is actually a customer of the service or product they are evaulating like thatone magazine everyone likes to quite *cough* CR *cough*.

When you are calling in you are getting 1st line support, not executives unless you and a specific number you where told to call. If you have a documentable issue I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

3. Never missed a paper bill in all the decades that I have been dealing with one form or the other of ATT - going back to before the courts broke them, personally never ben told to "ignore a discripency" even if I was I would not and would press the issue. this is both business and personal bills

4. you are not getting an executive when you dial in on the standard support number, you are getting first line customer support employees, executives have a lot better things to do then sit in a call center and handle customer calls.

Message 2 of 2 (494 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support