AT&T next program

Highlighted
Contributor

AT&T next program

I'm a little confused on how the program works but I went thru the upgrade process, chose a galaxy s4 with the 3GB a month data plan. Now the phone is 26.75 over 26 months, the data plan is an additional 30.00 so when I try to checkout it says 56.75 due each month but shows my 450min. w/rollover but there is no charge listed. My old contract which expires next month is 78 per month. that's 39.99 plus 30 for data and tax so is the 450plan included in the new total. can't believe they would give you a discount. I know you have to pay 41.00 for tax upfront. it's just the new monthly total is 20 something less than what i'm paying. I know in the long run I'm repaying back more money but if they are charging me an additional 39.99 for my it doesn't show up anywhere.

Message 1 of 8 (1,028 Views)
Employee

Re: AT&T next program

[ Edited ]

Here is how your plan will break down as it is:

  • Nation 450 w/ rollover = $39.99
  • 3 GB data = $30.00
  • Next financed device = $26.75
  • Total = $96.74 + tax

In addition to this plan you will have all taxes added to your bill and any other features/overages you may add.

 

Your tax would stay similar to what you are paying right now on this plan as you pay the taxes for the finanaced device up front.

 

Your similar plan options include the Mobile Share Value 4 GB plan which breaks down like this
:

  • 4 GB data = $70.00
  • Unlimited talk/text = $40.00
  • Next finanaced device = $26.75
  • Value plan discount = -$15.00
  • Total = $121.75 + tax

Please note your plan choice should be based on what is going to give you more value, if the unlimited talk and text is going to be worth the extra $25.01 a month then I would consider changing to mobile share.  If not I hope the breakdown works well for you.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8 (986 Views)
Scholar

Re: AT&T next program

If you pay half the phone cost does it lower the monthley payment for the device?

Message 3 of 8 (957 Views)
Employee

Re: AT&T next program


hydrogen3 wrote:

If you pay half the phone cost does it lower the monthley payment for the device?


Nope, however at any time you can pay the remaining balance on the financed device, it is simply in your best interest to allow the monthly payments to continue if you are on a Mobile Share Value plan because you are getting a kickback and because it is in essence a 0% interest rate loan on the full price of the phone anyway.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8 (951 Views)
Employee

Re: AT&T next program

The contract option is the one where you pay 'part' of it upfront and fees are generally lower.

Or there's the AT&T Next 18, whichlets you spread it out a bit more than the alternative Next program.

 

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8 (937 Views)
Expert

Re: AT&T next program


lunarrush wrote:

Here is how your plan will break down as it is:

  • Nation 450 w/ rollover = $39.99
  • 3 GB data = $30.00
  • Next financed device = $26.75
  • Total = $96.74 + tax

In addition to this plan you will have all taxes added to your bill and any other features/overages you may add.

 

Your tax would stay similar to what you are paying right now on this plan as you pay the taxes for the finanaced device up front.

 

Your similar plan options include the Mobile Share Value 4 GB plan which breaks down like this
:

  • 4 GB data = $70.00
  • Unlimited talk/text = $40.00
  • Next finanaced device = $26.75
  • Value plan discount = -$15.00
  • Total = $121.75 + tax

Please note your plan choice should be based on what is going to give you more value, if the unlimited talk and text is going to be worth the extra $25.01 a month then I would consider changing to mobile share.  If not I hope the breakdown works well for you.


your mobile share plan pricing is off, the 70.00 for 4GB of data includes unlimited talk and text, it is 40.00 per smartphone that is subsidized or offered via the next plan. Not sure where the 15.00 discount is coming from, unless you are talking about the one that is only available at the 10GB level and higher level

Message 6 of 8 (923 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: AT&T next program


wingrider01 wrote:

lunarrush wrote:

Here is how your plan will break down as it is:

  • Nation 450 w/ rollover = $39.99
  • 3 GB data = $30.00
  • Next financed device = $26.75
  • Total = $96.74 + tax

In addition to this plan you will have all taxes added to your bill and any other features/overages you may add.

 

Your tax would stay similar to what you are paying right now on this plan as you pay the taxes for the finanaced device up front.

 

Your similar plan options include the Mobile Share Value 4 GB plan which breaks down like this
:

  • 4 GB data = $70.00
  • Unlimited talk/text = $40.00
  • Next finanaced device = $26.75
  • Value plan discount = -$15.00
  • Total = $121.75 + tax

Please note your plan choice should be based on what is going to give you more value, if the unlimited talk and text is going to be worth the extra $25.01 a month then I would consider changing to mobile share.  If not I hope the breakdown works well for you.


your mobile share plan pricing is off, the 70.00 for 4GB of data includes unlimited talk and text, it is 40.00 per smartphone that is subsidized or offered via the next plan. Not sure where the 15.00 discount is coming from, unless you are talking about the one that is only available at the 10GB level and higher level


No, that pricing is not off, it is just an odd way to show it. The per device access charge for the 4GB plan (non-subsidized phone) is $25. For some reason, he showed it as $40 minus a $15 discount. It all still adds up the same.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8 (916 Views)
Employee

Re: AT&T next program


sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

lunarrush wrote:

Here is how your plan will break down as it is:

  • Nation 450 w/ rollover = $39.99
  • 3 GB data = $30.00
  • Next financed device = $26.75
  • Total = $96.74 + tax

In addition to this plan you will have all taxes added to your bill and any other features/overages you may add.

 

Your tax would stay similar to what you are paying right now on this plan as you pay the taxes for the finanaced device up front.

 

Your similar plan options include the Mobile Share Value 4 GB plan which breaks down like this
:

  • 4 GB data = $70.00
  • Unlimited talk/text = $40.00
  • Next finanaced device = $26.75
  • Value plan discount = -$15.00
  • Total = $121.75 + tax

Please note your plan choice should be based on what is going to give you more value, if the unlimited talk and text is going to be worth the extra $25.01 a month then I would consider changing to mobile share.  If not I hope the breakdown works well for you.


your mobile share plan pricing is off, the 70.00 for 4GB of data includes unlimited talk and text, it is 40.00 per smartphone that is subsidized or offered via the next plan. Not sure where the 15.00 discount is coming from, unless you are talking about the one that is only available at the 10GB level and higher level


No, that pricing is not off, it is just an odd way to show it. The per device access charge for the 4GB plan (non-subsidized phone) is $25. For some reason, he showed it as $40 minus a $15 discount. It all still adds up the same.  


The main reason I did that was because that's the way it actually shows up on the bill, I find people tend to understand this kind of thing better if they can compare it with the actual document and have it match what I've told them.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 8 (905 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.