AT&T is not returning deposits!!!

AT&T is not returning deposits!!!

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody.

I had two accounts with AT&T, they took two deposits one for 500$ and another for 300$. Eventually I decided to to close my accounts as I didn't have any contract obligations. So I closed both of them on 15th of May 2013.

Now, that how it suppose to be according to AT&T.

"If you cancel your account the security deposit is applied to the account balance. After all final charges have posted to the account, any remaining credit balance will be refunded. Cancelled accounts with an eligible credit balance are processed 60 days after the account has been cancelled. Please allow an additional 5-7 business days for the refund check to arrive."

Today is 3rd of August all due dates have passed, representatives in AT&T stores don't know what to say.

Message 1 of 10 (1,997 Views)
Expert

Re: AT&T is not returning deposits!!!

EvgeniyRus wrote:

Hello everybody.

I had two accounts with AT&T, they took two deposits one for 500$ and another for 300$. Eventually I decided to to close my accounts as I didn't have any contract obligations. So I closed both of them on 15th of May 2013.

Now, that how it suppose to be according to AT&T.

"If you cancel your account the security deposit is applied to the account balance. After all final charges have posted to the account, any remaining credit balance will be refunded. Cancelled accounts with an eligible credit balance are processed 60 days after the account has been cancelled. Please allow an additional 5-7 business days for the refund check to arrive."

Today is 3rd of August all due dates have passed, representatives in AT&T stores don't know what to say.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

Message 2 of 10 (1,929 Views)

Did as you recommended, still no answer from Customer Care after a week!!!

Message 3 of 10 (1,837 Views)
Expert

EvgeniyRus wrote:

Did as you recommended, still no answer from Customer Care after a week!!!

I only suggested that to you on 08/06, lead time is two to three business days

Message 4 of 10 (1,834 Views)

The deposit is put toward any balance remaining on the account (if any)
any credit from the deposit remaining is has a check sent out approximately 60 days after the cancellation date.

So check to make sure you didn't have any past due balances remaining on the account(s). The most common thing to take place is that the customer cancels their contract early and has an Early Termination Fee plus their final bill of service.

Obviously, I am unable to verify any of this information as we don't have your account available, so these are just pieces of speculation.

Software development
Mobile software development
WiFi security
Graphic design
3D animation
Message 5 of 10 (1,717 Views)
Community Manager

Hello EvgeniyRus,

We had some issues with our servers last week and I don't see any messages from you. Can you please send us a private message by clicking here. One of our managers will get back to you as soon as they can, usually within 2 business days.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 10 (1,688 Views)

[ Edited ]

AT&T still didn't return my deposits, looks like its a big scam from your side. You can check when my account was open and when it was closed, also you can check what deposistis you took from me,  

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Message 7 of 10 (1,348 Views)
ACE - Expert

The people on this forum have no access to your account. Any thing that they reply to you is just speculation. You need to private message one of the Community Managers with your account information. They will forward your account information to the proper office and get you a resolution.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 10 (1,334 Views)

It's been more then a week since I've been contacted by support by e-mail. They asked for my phone number and that's it, since then nobody contacted me.
Message 9 of 10 (1,117 Views)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello EvgeniyRus,

I researched your case and see that 2 deposit refunds have been processed on September 24th. They were refunded to your credit card/bank account. We sent you an email to the address we have on file with this information, can you please check your account(s) and see if you've received the refunds?

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 10 (1,081 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.