Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 10, 2014
9:14:19 AM
View profile
AT&T internet is not getting received on my phone.
Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 10, 2014 at 10:04:21 AM

Hi, My name is Amit. I am having AT&T go phone sim card ported from T Mobile. I am not getting any internet services even though I choosed plan for $60 Per month. At the time of Applying I asked for IMEI and as per Chat representative and site my device was found compatible with AT&T. Now after taking sim I am getting only mobile network but no internet and while talking to technical support they are telling my device is not compatible. Without internet this plan is of no use for me. and need to get refund and dont wanted to go with AT&T. But they are telling me no refund for that. I need to escalate it and register my complaint. Can I have any number where I can register my complaint.

Thanks,

Amit

[edited for privacy]

Hi, My name is Amit. I am having AT&T go phone sim card ported from T Mobile. I am not getting any internet services even though I choosed plan for $60 Per month. At the time of Applying I asked for IMEI and as per Chat representative and site my device was found compatible with AT&T. Now after taking sim I am getting only mobile network but no internet and while talking to technical support they are telling my device is not compatible. Without internet this plan is of no use for me. and need to get refund and dont wanted to go with AT&T. But they are telling me no refund for that. I need to escalate it and register my complaint. Can I have any number where I can register my complaint.

Thanks,

Amit

[edited for privacy]

AT&T internet is not getting received on my phone.

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 12:04:42 PM
(0)
Professor

Have you updated your APN settings to receive AT&T's data service?  What kind of phone do you have?

Have you updated your APN settings to receive AT&T's data service?  What kind of phone do you have?

Re: AT&T internet is not getting received on my phone.

2 of 5 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2014 4:41:49 AM
(0)
Contributor
I have done each and everything what have been asked to do by technical support team of at&t. I am having android phone. Its Micromax Canvas 4 model A210.its similar to Samsung galaxy. I was getting internet while using other service provider but not with at&t.
I have done each and everything what have been asked to do by technical support team of at&t. I am having android phone. Its Micromax Canvas 4 model A210.its similar to Samsung galaxy. I was getting internet while using other service provider but not with at&t.

3 of 5 (674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2014 5:15:54 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks, ater setting apn setting net is started in my mobile device although its very slow but atleast started. I m surprised why i hv been not told earlier by tech support team? Even i think they should know more troubleshooting option instead of saying to purchase at&t device or simply passing signals.
Thanks for your help. I tried normal apn setting , should i go for 4G one to get good speed.
Thanks, ater setting apn setting net is started in my mobile device although its very slow but atleast started. I m surprised why i hv been not told earlier by tech support team? Even i think they should know more troubleshooting option instead of saying to purchase at&t device or simply passing signals.
Thanks for your help. I tried normal apn setting , should i go for 4G one to get good speed.

4 of 5 (670 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2014 6:49:17 AM
(0)
Professor

I checked the specifications of your phone.  You will only get 2G/EDGE speeds on AT&T network with that phone.  You would need a phone that has 3G service on the 850MHz and 1900MHz bands to get HSPA+ service on AT&T; your phone only has 3G service on the 2100MHz band.  No US carrier has 3G service on the 2100MHz band.  If you are going to use your phone in the US for a while and high data speeds are important to you, you may want to consider getting another phone.

I checked the specifications of your phone.  You will only get 2G/EDGE speeds on AT&T network with that phone.  You would need a phone that has 3G service on the 850MHz and 1900MHz bands to get HSPA+ service on AT&T; your phone only has 3G service on the 2100MHz band.  No US carrier has 3G service on the 2100MHz band.  If you are going to use your phone in the US for a while and high data speeds are important to you, you may want to consider getting another phone.

5 of 5 (658 Views)