Wireless Forums

Posted Dec 24, 2013
2:30:43 PM
View profile
AT&T Support useless as always
Edited by betterWays on Dec 25, 2013 at 10:31:55 AM

I have no phone service & might not for many more days because no one can speak to the people that unlock phones. Apparently they are in a dungeon somewhere or maybe on Mars. I meet the requirements for unlocking the phone, yet my first request was rejected. The rejection said something about information not matching. What information? No one knows & no one can ask.  All we can do is resubmit. And the next request is not getting a response. 

There should be the ability to find out what is the problem, and the resubmission should be expedited.  That's service. 

I was trying to switch to a no contract service with AIO, I already started the process when I realized the phone didn't get unlocked.  Started an online chat that wasted a couple of hours. The agent couldn't tell my what information didn't match.  Couldn't communicate with the unlock team to find out. Couldn't expedite the request. Nothing. 

On the third chat 3 days later, For a temporary solution (my idea as the Agent was no use) I said to turn my ATT service back on. Which turned out to be a huge ordeal, although for some reason, both the agent and I are allowed to talk to the 'porting' department but not the unlocking department.  However, after being on hold (via chat, remember I have no phone) I'm told we must have a conference call with me & AIO to complete the request, to which I have to remind them for the hundredth time that I have no phone service.  And this is because AIO is a 'third party' It's owned by AT&T selling AT&Ts network, but apparently there's no kind of collaboration with them whatsover.  And it's a of a lot of work to do for a temporary fix when the real fix should be simple.  Extremely inefficient way to run a business.

AT&T's lousy customer support system turns simple things into huge agrivating ordeals.  The only reason I don't go to Verizon is I want a GSM phone. T-Mobile is sounding better & better.

BTW, The agent on Chat number 4 seemed more inteligent but still couldn't solve the problem.

I have no phone service & might not for many more days because no one can speak to the people that unlock phones. Apparently they are in a dungeon somewhere or maybe on Mars. I meet the requirements for unlocking the phone, yet my first request was rejected. The rejection said something about information not matching. What information? No one knows & no one can ask.  All we can do is resubmit. And the next request is not getting a response. 

There should be the ability to find out what is the problem, and the resubmission should be expedited.  That's service. 

I was trying to switch to a no contract service with AIO, I already started the process when I realized the phone didn't get unlocked.  Started an online chat that wasted a couple of hours. The agent couldn't tell my what information didn't match.  Couldn't communicate with the unlock team to find out. Couldn't expedite the request. Nothing. 

On the third chat 3 days later, For a temporary solution (my idea as the Agent was no use) I said to turn my ATT service back on. Which turned out to be a huge ordeal, although for some reason, both the agent and I are allowed to talk to the 'porting' department but not the unlocking department.  However, after being on hold (via chat, remember I have no phone) I'm told we must have a conference call with me & AIO to complete the request, to which I have to remind them for the hundredth time that I have no phone service.  And this is because AIO is a 'third party' It's owned by AT&T selling AT&Ts network, but apparently there's no kind of collaboration with them whatsover.  And it's a of a lot of work to do for a temporary fix when the real fix should be simple.  Extremely inefficient way to run a business.

AT&T's lousy customer support system turns simple things into huge agrivating ordeals.  The only reason I don't go to Verizon is I want a GSM phone. T-Mobile is sounding better & better.

BTW, The agent on Chat number 4 seemed more inteligent but still couldn't solve the problem.

AT&T Support useless as always

[ Edited ]
16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 2:57:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you have beven unable to unlock your phone! Do you meet all of the requirements? The requirements are:

General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking All AT&T Mobile Devices

AT&T will unlock an AT&T Mobile Device under the following circumstances:

• The person requesting the unlock must be one of the following:
    • a current AT&T customer
    • a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account
  • The AT&T Mobile Device was designed for use on AT&T's network.
  • The AT&T Mobile Device has been paid for in full.
  • The AT&T Mobile Device has not been reported lost or stolen.

Customer-Specific Requirements

• Postpaid Phones and Tablets with a Service Commitment: Account is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T), and all contract obligations, including any Service Commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied. The Service Commitment associated with a given device may be satisfied in one of the following ways:
    • Fulfillment of the Service Commitment by expiration of any contractual term
    • Upgrading to a new device under AT&T standard or early upgrade policies. Note: the customer must wait 14 days after the device upgrade has been completed to request an unlock of the previous device.
    • Payment of any applicable Early Termination Fee

You can start th process by going to: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/?

~Sunshine :smileyhappy:

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you have beven unable to unlock your phone! Do you meet all of the requirements? The requirements are:

General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking All AT&T Mobile Devices

AT&T will unlock an AT&T Mobile Device under the following circumstances:

• The person requesting the unlock must be one of the following:
    • a current AT&T customer
    • a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account
  • The AT&T Mobile Device was designed for use on AT&T's network.
  • The AT&T Mobile Device has been paid for in full.
  • The AT&T Mobile Device has not been reported lost or stolen.

Customer-Specific Requirements

• Postpaid Phones and Tablets with a Service Commitment: Account is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T), and all contract obligations, including any Service Commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied. The Service Commitment associated with a given device may be satisfied in one of the following ways:
    • Fulfillment of the Service Commitment by expiration of any contractual term
    • Upgrading to a new device under AT&T standard or early upgrade policies. Note: the customer must wait 14 days after the device upgrade has been completed to request an unlock of the previous device.
    • Payment of any applicable Early Termination Fee

You can start th process by going to: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/?

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T Support useless as always

2 of 17 (1,313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 3:25:38 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by loganic on Dec 24, 2013 at 3:26:24 PM
Hey betterWays,
Evandela did a great review of the requirements.
Unlocking is a regulated process now, where AT&T is held accountable for verifying that EVERY requirement is met, before getting legal consent from the manufacturer.

You're right, between the different AT&T service, interaction is limited. With an infrequently used service AIO, it doesn't surprise me that the basic tools AT&T uses for 3rd party companies are used.

When you look up the various request IDs, what does it show?

-Alex
Hey betterWays,
Evandela did a great review of the requirements.
Unlocking is a regulated process now, where AT&T is held accountable for verifying that EVERY requirement is met, before getting legal consent from the manufacturer.

You're right, between the different AT&T service, interaction is limited. With an infrequently used service AIO, it doesn't surprise me that the basic tools AT&T uses for 3rd party companies are used.

When you look up the various request IDs, what does it show?

-Alex
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
3 of 17 (1,310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 4:29:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Have you tried to use an AIO Wireless SIM card in your phone as is?  I have heard that you can use a locked AT&T phone on MVNOs that use AT&T towers, but I haven't tried this for myself to verify it.

You can still get your phone unlocked for future purposes by submitting your request as a former AT&T customer.

Have you tried to use an AIO Wireless SIM card in your phone as is?  I have heard that you can use a locked AT&T phone on MVNOs that use AT&T towers, but I haven't tried this for myself to verify it.

You can still get your phone unlocked for future purposes by submitting your request as a former AT&T customer.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 17 (1,292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 10:17:04 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by betterWays on Dec 25, 2013 at 10:27:07 AM

Yes, I met all of the requirements! Did you even read my post?  Don't you think that would have been covered in the 4-5 support chats that I wasted hours on!!!!

Do you guys have anything valuable to add? Ever? This is 'Ace' level help? Copying & pasting the text from the website.   The text I had to read & click an agreement button before getting to the unlock request form?

Yes, I met all of the requirements! Did you even read my post?  Don't you think that would have been covered in the 4-5 support chats that I wasted hours on!!!!

Do you guys have anything valuable to add? Ever? This is 'Ace' level help? Copying & pasting the text from the website.   The text I had to read & click an agreement button before getting to the unlock request form?

[ Edited ]
5 of 17 (1,244 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 10:18:37 AM
(0)
Teacher
I couldn't look up any but the original; request. The others were made by agents and they gave me no numbers and I recieved no acknowledgement that they had been done. I just had to trust that they had been done.
I couldn't look up any but the original; request. The others were made by agents and they gave me no numbers and I recieved no acknowledgement that they had been done. I just had to trust that they had been done.

6 of 17 (1,244 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 10:21:17 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by betterWays on Dec 25, 2013 at 10:22:20 AM

Of course I tried to use my new AIO service with  my new AIO SIM. That's when I realized my phone had not been unlocked.  And yeah, you would think you could just use the AT&T phone when AIO is AT&T service.  But no.

Of course I tried to use my new AIO service with  my new AIO SIM. That's when I realized my phone had not been unlocked.  And yeah, you would think you could just use the AT&T phone when AIO is AT&T service.  But no.

[ Edited ]
7 of 17 (1,243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 10:28:35 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Dec 25, 2013 at 10:58:22 AM

So, I had my ATT sim in the phone because one of the 4-5 'support' agents I chatted with was going to try to reinstate my ATT service until the unlock request went through.  That turned out to be a ridiculous ordeal so I didn't bother with it.  Just now, I went ahead and put the AIO chip in the phone, and guess what, I have service.  Apparently the unlock request went through.  Likely it happened yesterday. Yet I had no communication informing me that it happened.  

I did get a mystery message yesterday that said 'The issue 1241***** has been resolved.'  That's it.  I had no way of knowing what that was about and couldn't replay as it was from dnotreply@att or whatever. So I started another chat.  Spent a couple of hours on Christmas eve with the useless guy.  He said there was nothing in  my record with that issue number and we were still waiting on the unlock and once again, there was nothing anyone can do except wait. He very specifically said that that order was still being processed. And he insisted that I would recieve an email notification when my unlock was completed. And that I should contact Uverse internet support to see if it had something to do with my Uverse internet.  I knew it was a waste of time, but did it anyway.  Took nearly an hour and that person said they found nothing in my records with that issue number and I should contact wireless support.

So, likely that couldn't-be-more-uninformative message was about my unlock request and it was done yesterday by 2:45 pm.  I could have called my family on Christmas Eve. And I didn't need to spend the next 2 hours in support chats.

[edited for privacy]

So, I had my ATT sim in the phone because one of the 4-5 'support' agents I chatted with was going to try to reinstate my ATT service until the unlock request went through.  That turned out to be a ridiculous ordeal so I didn't bother with it.  Just now, I went ahead and put the AIO chip in the phone, and guess what, I have service.  Apparently the unlock request went through.  Likely it happened yesterday. Yet I had no communication informing me that it happened.  

I did get a mystery message yesterday that said 'The issue 1241***** has been resolved.'  That's it.  I had no way of knowing what that was about and couldn't replay as it was from dnotreply@att or whatever. So I started another chat.  Spent a couple of hours on Christmas eve with the useless guy.  He said there was nothing in  my record with that issue number and we were still waiting on the unlock and once again, there was nothing anyone can do except wait. He very specifically said that that order was still being processed. And he insisted that I would recieve an email notification when my unlock was completed. And that I should contact Uverse internet support to see if it had something to do with my Uverse internet.  I knew it was a waste of time, but did it anyway.  Took nearly an hour and that person said they found nothing in my records with that issue number and I should contact wireless support.

So, likely that couldn't-be-more-uninformative message was about my unlock request and it was done yesterday by 2:45 pm.  I could have called my family on Christmas Eve. And I didn't need to spend the next 2 hours in support chats.

[edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
8 of 17 (1,239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 10:36:43 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Taylarie on Dec 29, 2013 at 4:53:12 PM

Thank you for your patience! Your AT&T Representative will be with you shortly.

Welcome! You are now chatting with 'Thomas ***'

Thomas ***: Hello Linda.  Let me help you today with troubleshooting the functionality of your cellular service with AT&T.

Thomas ***: So I can better assist you, can you tell me the name on this account?

Linda ***: Linda ***

Thomas ***: I'm sorry, but that's not what I see.

Linda ***: Do you see the name Linda ***?

Thomas ***: Yes, thank you.

Linda ***: That is no longer my name and when I log in and check my account information, it says linda ***, as it should.

Linda ***: Also, I have been trying to get my phone unlocked for many days. I have chatted with 3 agents now. With each of them I have asked if the name is the problem, only because the first one once referred to me by ***. No one knew.

Linda ***: Also what is this about:

Linda ***: ATTDoNotReply@att.com 2:45 PM (1 hour ago) to me Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your AT&T service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The issue 1241212145 has been resolved.

Linda ***: What? REsolved How? What is the point of this useless email message that I can not respond to?

Thomas ***: I'm not seeing any notes on your wireless account about that message.  Do you still have other active service with AT&T (DSL, Uverse, home phone, etc)?

Linda ***: I have Uverse internet. But Ive requested no service.

Thomas ***: You may want to check with Uverse support to see if the message was in regards to your Uverse service.  I can get you the number.

Linda ***: I've requested no support for Uverse. I want my phone unlocked. That's all I want.

Thomas ***: In regards to your unlock case, that is still being processed.  The original due date for that is December 30th.  You should be notified by email on or before that date.  Any communications about that request would specify this number: ***

Linda ***: Also, BTW, I would lke ATT to fix their lousy support system. That email message is useless. The unlock request denied message I recieved is also useless. And customer support agents are also useless as they never how the power or knowledge to solve a real problem and for some reason aren't allowed to talk to people that can or refer customers to people that can help. Good Customer Support systems have tiers with the means to elevate the request to the next level.

Linda ***: That due date is unacceptable. And it's a period far longer than the period stated on ATT website.

Linda ***: And if my name is the problem, I'd be waiting that long only do once again be rejected. Why is the there no way to fix this? Why can't you solve the problem?

Linda ***: Why can't we contact the people that provess the unlock requests? Where is the dungeon that you keep them in?

Thomas ***: The name on this account isn't a problem.  I just needed you to verify it for me to be able to access and provide information specific to your account.

Linda ***: Are you sure? THe unlock request rejection I recieved on Dec 16th said information didn't match. What information then?

Linda ***: Why can't anyone find out?

Linda ***: How do you know?

Linda ***: Also,, that isn't my name. My name is Linda ***. Fix it.

Thomas ***: Your wireless account is cancelled so it's not possible to make changes to it.

Linda ***: Reactivate it then

Thomas ***: If you submitted an unlock online using "Linda ***", the request would have been denied since the information did not match the name on the account.  When agent files files the request as Beverly did for you, that requirement is bypassed since the agent themselves performed account verification.  

Linda ***: Well, lets hope so. Based on my experience with ATT support, I have no reason to trust that information though.

Linda ***: Why have I received no response? I don't even have an order number to use to check the status?

Linda ***: Why can't the resubmission be excalated since the rejection is due to some error.

Thomas ***: You will not receive a response until the request is processed.  

Linda ***: I recieved an acknowledgement the first time I made the request.

Linda ***: The acknowledgment had an order number and a link to check the status

Linda ***: It also says 'Your request is subject to AT&T Mobile device unlocking requirements. If we have further questions or instructions, we'll contact you by email. '

Thomas ***: That is because you made the request yourself via the website.  The second request was done internally by another representative so unfortunately there is not a method for you to track it.  

Linda ***: So why couldn't they contact me and ask about my name. Or explain what information didn't match.

Linda ***: There should be a method for me to track it. That's yet another thing wrong with your support system.

Thomas ***: I'm sorry if this has been an inconvenient process for you, but we are still working on the request for you and you will be notified by email ( *** ) with the outcome of the request.  The email should specifically reference our internal case number for this interaction:***.

Linda ***: I have no phone service in the meantime. I can not call my mother on Christmas.

Thomas ***: We do appreciate your patience while we work on this request for you.  The email you received earlier does not appear to be in relation to your cancelled AT&T wireless account so you may want to contact Uverse support to confirm there is no problem with your Uverse account.  

Thomas ***: Do you have any other questions for me at this time?

Linda ***: It seems to be completely pointless to ask any questions. All I will accomplish is to uncover yet another example of how bad ATT support service is. Someone should be able to find out why my initial request was rejected, correct the information and resubmit. Ant that resubmission should recieve a priority. That is how a good system would work.

{Personal content removed for your safety}

Thank you for your patience! Your AT&T Representative will be with you shortly.

Welcome! You are now chatting with 'Thomas ***'

Thomas ***: Hello Linda.  Let me help you today with troubleshooting the functionality of your cellular service with AT&T.

Thomas ***: So I can better assist you, can you tell me the name on this account?

Linda ***: Linda ***

Thomas ***: I'm sorry, but that's not what I see.

Linda ***: Do you see the name Linda ***?

Thomas ***: Yes, thank you.

Linda ***: That is no longer my name and when I log in and check my account information, it says linda ***, as it should.

Linda ***: Also, I have been trying to get my phone unlocked for many days. I have chatted with 3 agents now. With each of them I have asked if the name is the problem, only because the first one once referred to me by ***. No one knew.

Linda ***: Also what is this about:

Linda ***: ATTDoNotReply@att.com 2:45 PM (1 hour ago) to me Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your AT&T service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The issue 1241212145 has been resolved.

Linda ***: What? REsolved How? What is the point of this useless email message that I can not respond to?

Thomas ***: I'm not seeing any notes on your wireless account about that message.  Do you still have other active service with AT&T (DSL, Uverse, home phone, etc)?

Linda ***: I have Uverse internet. But Ive requested no service.

Thomas ***: You may want to check with Uverse support to see if the message was in regards to your Uverse service.  I can get you the number.

Linda ***: I've requested no support for Uverse. I want my phone unlocked. That's all I want.

Thomas ***: In regards to your unlock case, that is still being processed.  The original due date for that is December 30th.  You should be notified by email on or before that date.  Any communications about that request would specify this number: ***

Linda ***: Also, BTW, I would lke ATT to fix their lousy support system. That email message is useless. The unlock request denied message I recieved is also useless. And customer support agents are also useless as they never how the power or knowledge to solve a real problem and for some reason aren't allowed to talk to people that can or refer customers to people that can help. Good Customer Support systems have tiers with the means to elevate the request to the next level.

Linda ***: That due date is unacceptable. And it's a period far longer than the period stated on ATT website.

Linda ***: And if my name is the problem, I'd be waiting that long only do once again be rejected. Why is the there no way to fix this? Why can't you solve the problem?

Linda ***: Why can't we contact the people that provess the unlock requests? Where is the dungeon that you keep them in?

Thomas ***: The name on this account isn't a problem.  I just needed you to verify it for me to be able to access and provide information specific to your account.

Linda ***: Are you sure? THe unlock request rejection I recieved on Dec 16th said information didn't match. What information then?

Linda ***: Why can't anyone find out?

Linda ***: How do you know?

Linda ***: Also,, that isn't my name. My name is Linda ***. Fix it.

Thomas ***: Your wireless account is cancelled so it's not possible to make changes to it.

Linda ***: Reactivate it then

Thomas ***: If you submitted an unlock online using "Linda ***", the request would have been denied since the information did not match the name on the account.  When agent files files the request as Beverly did for you, that requirement is bypassed since the agent themselves performed account verification.  

Linda ***: Well, lets hope so. Based on my experience with ATT support, I have no reason to trust that information though.

Linda ***: Why have I received no response? I don't even have an order number to use to check the status?

Linda ***: Why can't the resubmission be excalated since the rejection is due to some error.

Thomas ***: You will not receive a response until the request is processed.  

Linda ***: I recieved an acknowledgement the first time I made the request.

Linda ***: The acknowledgment had an order number and a link to check the status

Linda ***: It also says 'Your request is subject to AT&T Mobile device unlocking requirements. If we have further questions or instructions, we'll contact you by email. '

Thomas ***: That is because you made the request yourself via the website.  The second request was done internally by another representative so unfortunately there is not a method for you to track it.  

Linda ***: So why couldn't they contact me and ask about my name. Or explain what information didn't match.

Linda ***: There should be a method for me to track it. That's yet another thing wrong with your support system.

Thomas ***: I'm sorry if this has been an inconvenient process for you, but we are still working on the request for you and you will be notified by email ( *** ) with the outcome of the request.  The email should specifically reference our internal case number for this interaction:***.

Linda ***: I have no phone service in the meantime. I can not call my mother on Christmas.

Thomas ***: We do appreciate your patience while we work on this request for you.  The email you received earlier does not appear to be in relation to your cancelled AT&T wireless account so you may want to contact Uverse support to confirm there is no problem with your Uverse account.  

Thomas ***: Do you have any other questions for me at this time?

Linda ***: It seems to be completely pointless to ask any questions. All I will accomplish is to uncover yet another example of how bad ATT support service is. Someone should be able to find out why my initial request was rejected, correct the information and resubmit. Ant that resubmission should recieve a priority. That is how a good system would work.

{Personal content removed for your safety}

[ Edited ]
9 of 17 (1,234 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 4:57:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

betterWays wrote:

The unlock request doesn't magically go through. ATT gives you a code to input on phone to unlock it. Most ATT branded phones don't need to be unlocked to work with AIO since AIO is an ATT mvno. You could have put sim in from the beginning and it would have worked just fine. You only need the unlock code if you wanna use your phone with T-mobile or any other company that's not an ATT mvno. 

betterWays wrote:

The unlock request doesn't magically go through. ATT gives you a code to input on phone to unlock it. Most ATT branded phones don't need to be unlocked to work with AIO since AIO is an ATT mvno. You could have put sim in from the beginning and it would have worked just fine. You only need the unlock code if you wanna use your phone with T-mobile or any other company that's not an ATT mvno. 

10 of 17 (1,202 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 9:29:44 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by loganic on Dec 26, 2013 at 9:31:20 AM
Hey betterWays,
Sometimes there is information that is reviewed by the case that is internal only.
A case, like the CM2013 . . . . you gave IS the escalated request.
Based on the escalated request, it sounds like there was a thorough review and it came back denied.
Feel free to submit your own request and see what limited information they can reveal for you, but it seems like the answer is clear. It doesn't sounds like it can't be unlocked, and the reps you've been talking to, can't divulge why.
If you think the name is an issue, it's easy to re-submit the request and tweak that.

Practically, it would've been better to try to unlock it before you stopped service. The unlock is not a guarantee.
Since it seems like having phone service is important, consider getting a temporary phone.
Just in case you missed it, the unlocking website is www.att.com/deviceunlock
-Alex
Hey betterWays,
Sometimes there is information that is reviewed by the case that is internal only.
A case, like the CM2013 . . . . you gave IS the escalated request.
Based on the escalated request, it sounds like there was a thorough review and it came back denied.
Feel free to submit your own request and see what limited information they can reveal for you, but it seems like the answer is clear. It doesn't sounds like it can't be unlocked, and the reps you've been talking to, can't divulge why.
If you think the name is an issue, it's easy to re-submit the request and tweak that.

Practically, it would've been better to try to unlock it before you stopped service. The unlock is not a guarantee.
Since it seems like having phone service is important, consider getting a temporary phone.
Just in case you missed it, the unlocking website is www.att.com/deviceunlock
-Alex

[ Edited ]
11 of 17 (1,120 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2013 1:30:29 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hello I'm having some of the same problems as you with an unlock request. I want my iphone unlocked because the service stinks. My intent is really bad. The maps say lte and I get 3G or maybe 4g. I requested for my phone to be unlocked a month ago and got denied. Then I put another request and they will not give me a response. If Att had good service I would stay with them but they don't so I'm moving on. I also bought my phone at full retail why do I have to wait for my device to be unlocked. Getting a phone on a contract is silly and pointless to me. Get it together att. When I get my iphone unlocked I'm leaving att.
Hello I'm having some of the same problems as you with an unlock request. I want my iphone unlocked because the service stinks. My intent is really bad. The maps say lte and I get 3G or maybe 4g. I requested for my phone to be unlocked a month ago and got denied. Then I put another request and they will not give me a response. If Att had good service I would stay with them but they don't so I'm moving on. I also bought my phone at full retail why do I have to wait for my device to be unlocked. Getting a phone on a contract is silly and pointless to me. Get it together att. When I get my iphone unlocked I'm leaving att.

12 of 17 (1,063 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2013 6:42:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
If your iPhone is still under contract, it will not be unlocked. It must be out of contract. That is one of the requirements.
If your iPhone is still under contract, it will not be unlocked. It must be out of contract. That is one of the requirements.

13 of 17 (1,048 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 10:22:39 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 1, 2014 at 1:42:50 PM

Very poor customer service. I called on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 for my niece. She has internet on **** Ln, Jacksonville, Florida, 32277. We keep losing service for months going back to July, 2013 and problem still isn't resolved. Valerie said she would call us back at 5:30pm on 1/28/14 so my niece would be home and she could have her do some things to determine problem. I have some brain damage, so I couldn't do the things she wanted me to do. No emails or phone calls from them at all. This is totally unacceptable.

Back in July, they did send someone to check wiring outside. He knocked on door when he arrived but never knocked on door when he left to let us know what he found out. They also sent a new modem, which obviously didn't solve problem. Her modem and router are separate.

I also found out we only have a 3 speed and can't upgrade to 6 because they only h ave a limited number of ports for the 6 speed. Uverse is also unavailable in our area and you can't even find out when this area is on their schedule. We also have a tower close to us but still can't use our cell phones in the house because this is considered a DEAD ZONE......We both have AT&T for our cell phones....Supposedly, they can't do anything about that either.

What could is their customer service, when they can't or won't do anything????

MY niece needs reliable internet service because she does a lot of work from home because she is a school teacher. Sometimes, we have internet for a couple of days in a row but most of the time, we have to reboot modem and router serveral times a day. Sometimes, it is so bad, we give it because internet only comes back for a few seconds after we reboot it and then has to be rebooted again and again and again and again and again and again, and then after the tenth time, we give up.

WE CAN'T GET RELIABLE SERVICE, WE CAN'T GET THE 6 SPEED, WE CAN'T GET UVERSE. THE ONLY THING WE GET IS LOUSY SERVICE....

My niece is so upset, she is ready to go with Comcast for TV, Internet and Landline. I wonder how many customers AT&T are losing because of not only lousy internet service in this area but also lousy customer service?

[edited for privacy]

Very poor customer service. I called on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 for my niece. She has internet on **** Ln, Jacksonville, Florida, 32277. We keep losing service for months going back to July, 2013 and problem still isn't resolved. Valerie said she would call us back at 5:30pm on 1/28/14 so my niece would be home and she could have her do some things to determine problem. I have some brain damage, so I couldn't do the things she wanted me to do. No emails or phone calls from them at all. This is totally unacceptable.

Back in July, they did send someone to check wiring outside. He knocked on door when he arrived but never knocked on door when he left to let us know what he found out. They also sent a new modem, which obviously didn't solve problem. Her modem and router are separate.

I also found out we only have a 3 speed and can't upgrade to 6 because they only h ave a limited number of ports for the 6 speed. Uverse is also unavailable in our area and you can't even find out when this area is on their schedule. We also have a tower close to us but still can't use our cell phones in the house because this is considered a DEAD ZONE......We both have AT&T for our cell phones....Supposedly, they can't do anything about that either.

What could is their customer service, when they can't or won't do anything????

MY niece needs reliable internet service because she does a lot of work from home because she is a school teacher. Sometimes, we have internet for a couple of days in a row but most of the time, we have to reboot modem and router serveral times a day. Sometimes, it is so bad, we give it because internet only comes back for a few seconds after we reboot it and then has to be rebooted again and again and again and again and again and again, and then after the tenth time, we give up.

WE CAN'T GET RELIABLE SERVICE, WE CAN'T GET THE 6 SPEED, WE CAN'T GET UVERSE. THE ONLY THING WE GET IS LOUSY SERVICE....

My niece is so upset, she is ready to go with Comcast for TV, Internet and Landline. I wonder how many customers AT&T are losing because of not only lousy internet service in this area but also lousy customer service?

[edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
14 of 17 (575 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 10:25:46 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by loganic on Feb 2, 2014 at 10:26:20 AM

Hey josie19492,

Since, you put this in the wireless/cellular section, you must be posting this to get help/ts for your cell service.

When you put your address here: www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html , what does it show?

Do you get outside your house? How close to house? 100', half mile, 5 miles, ect

If the the map shows that you live in a genuine moderate coverage area or less, your options may be limited. If the it's good, and the service works just outside your house, you may have a house with building materials that cause excessive distruption.

In either of those cases, you may want to look at getting this item, www.att.com/3gmicrocell .

In most other situations, the tech support should be able to figure it out and help.

-Alex

Hey josie19492,

Since, you put this in the wireless/cellular section, you must be posting this to get help/ts for your cell service.

When you put your address here: www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html , what does it show?

Do you get outside your house? How close to house? 100', half mile, 5 miles, ect

If the the map shows that you live in a genuine moderate coverage area or less, your options may be limited. If the it's good, and the service works just outside your house, you may have a house with building materials that cause excessive distruption.

In either of those cases, you may want to look at getting this item, www.att.com/3gmicrocell .

In most other situations, the tech support should be able to figure it out and help.

-Alex

[ Edited ]
15 of 17 (530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 1:12:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

They don't want to unlock the phones because they KNOW we are trying to go to better carriers.  I requested to have my phone unlocked as well.. 1st request denied, and 2nd one said in process.

If they unlock us from this TERRIBLE place we will be free!!!!!

They don't want to unlock the phones because they KNOW we are trying to go to better carriers.  I requested to have my phone unlocked as well.. 1st request denied, and 2nd one said in process.

16 of 17 (472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 1:42:54 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Feb 4, 2014 at 1:44:15 PM

longbeach65 wrote:

If you meet the stated qualifactions, your bill is no in arrears and the device is not a recent release it will be unlocked. If you don;t know what the qualifications are they are stated here

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

longbeach65 wrote:

If you meet the stated qualifactions, your bill is no in arrears and the device is not a recent release it will be unlocked. If you don;t know what the qualifications are they are stated here

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

[ Edited ]
17 of 17 (465 Views)