AT&T Next.. only really benefits new customers.. (in my opinion)

Contributor

AT&T Next.. only really benefits new customers.. (in my opinion)

I'm not saying it's a rip off, or that it's the worst thing ever, I love the idea of being able to upgrade every year. I LOVED when I was with T-Mobile and was able to get a new phone every 5-6mos by splitting the cost over 4mos of bills (back when that option was available)..

BUT, lets say I upgraded 5mos ago, and I hate my phone, or the screen broke, well AT&T Next would be the perfect plan to start fresh, get a better pick, etc. etc. Instead, I have technically still wait another year and a half to even begin to qualify for the program (that's saying AT&T continues it). In my opinion that REALLY sucks (for lack of a better term). Unless you are a new customer or your upgrade is within a reasonable amount of time the program is completely useless, I'm either forced to stick with a phone I hate, pay to get a brand new phone, pay to get the phone fixed, or add a line. Am I missing anything?

So my issue isn't so much the program itself, but where is the benefit to the current customer that simply wants a change, but doesn't want to kick out $500-$700 every few months to try something new? 

Message 1 of 19 (9,087 Views)
Expert

Re: AT&T Next.. only really benefits new customers.. (in my opinion)

madjei wrote:
http://m.cnet.com/news/sprint-preps-one-up-its-own-early-upgrade-program/57603017

on sprint's webs site please, not a 3rd party

Message 16 of 19 (8,456 Views)
Teacher

They will be making it available tomorrow I will post as soon as it is available
Message 17 of 19 (8,439 Views)
Expert

madjei wrote:
They will be making it available tomorrow I will post as soon as it is available

did notice one thing on that link - they will allow it but you have to give your current phone back to Sprint

Message 18 of 19 (8,426 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Message 19 of 19 (8,348 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.