AT&T Next Upgrade Question

Contributor

AT&T Next Upgrade Question

I am considering using the AT&T Next to upgrade my device from a Galaxy S3 to an iPhone 5s. My question regards the phone plan that I currently have. My wife has the grandfathered unlimited data plan but I only have 2 GB per month, which I've never reached. Does upgrading with AT&T Next make any changes to our phone plan? If it does, it's probably a dealbreaker for me. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Message 1 of 5 (759 Views)
Employee

Re: AT&T Next Upgrade Question

[ Edited ]

No. Just like a regular 2 year contract, it makes no changes to your core plans. (apart from maybe a tweak for 2GB for android to 2GB  to iPhone)

The new Mobile Share value is reccomended, but not required.

Of course, you will have the cost of the phone in addition to your core plans, but I think you already guessed that.

Some authorized locations, ie non direct locations, having difficulty juggling older plans like that. I might reccomend, if you'd like to be extra careful, to use a direct channel.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (747 Views)
Teacher

I will tell u now DONT DO IT! I made the mistake last week and ordered a phone an it still hasn't even shipped. I was gonna cancel and re order but it sayin my monthly bill would go from $32 with my GRANDFATHERED in unlimited data to $147 to hardly any data. I don't get it
Message 3 of 5 (659 Views)
Teacher

Why then when I wen to re order it it can the lg g Optimus pro was not compatible w my grandfathered unlimited data? It said my bill would go from $32 a month to $147. Ordered it last week and it still hasn't been shipped . I'm so upset w att honestly
Message 4 of 5 (658 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Heighton720 wrote:
Why then when I wen to re order it it can the lg g Optimus pro was not compatible w my grandfathered unlimited data? It said my bill would go from $32 a month to $147. Ordered it last week and it still hasn't been shipped . I'm so upset w att honestly

what voice/text and data plan did you have that was only 32.00?

Message 5 of 5 (634 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.