Helpful Links

AT&T Next Eligible & iPhone 5S

Mentor

AT&T Next Eligible & iPhone 5S

Hello.

I currently have the iPhone 5. Upgraded to that phone several months after the iPhone 5 was launched.

So I was talking to an ATT Rep on Chat and she says that I'm upgrade eligible using AT&T Next.

How will this work using AT&T Next if wanting to upgrade to the new iPhone 5S in-store? I don't want to wait in line. Get to the AT&T Rep. And then they tell me I can't upgrade. That would be totally embarassing.

Can I upgrade using AT&T Next over the phone to have the new iPhone 5S shipped to me?

If I use AT&T Next to upgrade (in-store or via phone) to the new iPhone 5S will I be able to choose any model 5S? Like the 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB version.

Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: AT&T Next Eligible & iPhone 5S

Atrocity79 wrote:

Hello.

I currently have the iPhone 5. Upgraded to that phone several months after the iPhone 5 was launched.

So I was talking to an ATT Rep on Chat and she says that I'm upgrade eligible using AT&T Next.

How will this work using AT&T Next if wanting to upgrade to the new iPhone 5S in-store? I don't want to wait in line. Get to the AT&T Rep. And then they tell me I can't upgrade. That would be totally embarassing.

Can I upgrade using AT&T Next over the phone to have the new iPhone 5S shipped to me?

If I use AT&T Next to upgrade (in-store or via phone) to the new iPhone 5S will I be able to choose any model 5S? Like the 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB version.

I think the rep had the information wrong, you have to be out of contract or upgrade eligible to switch to the Next program, this is documented on the page that explains the option

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24538&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=36749

0att_next.PNG

Message 2 of 5
Mentor

You won't be able to pick it up in store using ATT Next. I just found this out today when I attempted to pick up the phone in-store. They had one in stock, but they told me in can only be pre-ordered with this program. 

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Professor

Wingrider, there's actually exceptions being made at the moment with AT&T Next. It seems they may be allowing customers to upgrade at 20 months instead of the 24 if they qualify on their requirements.

Using myself as an example, my contract end date is 3/14 and I'm being allowed to upgrade on 10/13 via AT&T Next.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Scholar

Slightly off-topic but somewhat still related--on my account, my (primary) line for which I am using my iPhone 5 that I purchased on release day using device upgrade is not eligible for full discount or ATT Next...yet one of my other lines on the very same account whch has an iPhone 5 purchased at full discount approximately two months after mine (it was an upgrade as well, not a new/added line) IS eligible for full discount or ATT Next...go figure!

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support