Wireless Forums

Posted Feb 7, 2014
4:03:34 AM
View profile
AT&T Lumia 520 updated to Black

Just finished the update...

http://sdrv.ms/LWl8Vi

As expected Glance is not included. Double tap to wake works...

Just finished the update...

http://sdrv.ms/LWl8Vi

As expected Glance is not included. Double tap to wake works...

"When all else fails, read the instructions..."

AT&T Lumia 520 updated to Black

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2014 5:05:23 AM
(0)
Contributor
Perfect, great little phone now even better!
Perfect, great little phone now even better!

Re: AT&T Lumia 520 updated to Black

2 of 7 (7,393 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 7:42:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Picked one up for my mother in law this weekend for $60. Unlocked it, so it'll be a capable little traveler, too.

Picked one up for my mother in law this weekend for $60. Unlocked it, so it'll be a capable little traveler, too.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (7,021 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 4:53:14 AM
(0)
Scholar

So how did you get the phone unlocked so fast by AT&T? Just curious...

4 of 7 (6,991 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 10:29:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by dmapr on Feb 12, 2014 at 10:30:57 AM

SoonerAl wrote:

The phone I bought was a GoPhone, so the IMEI was not under contract to begin with. I then submitted the unlock request using a line that wasn't under contract either. That coupled with the phone being past the AT&T exclusivity window must've been enough. Got the code as promised within 48 hours (was more like 36 actually).

What I'd like to know is how you got the Black update. I realized that while my about screen matches yours, the extras+info is behind on all component versions.

SoonerAl wrote:

The phone I bought was a GoPhone, so the IMEI was not under contract to begin with. I then submitted the unlock request using a line that wasn't under contract either. That coupled with the phone being past the AT&T exclusivity window must've been enough. Got the code as promised within 48 hours (was more like 36 actually).

What I'd like to know is how you got the Black update. I realized that while my about screen matches yours, the extras+info is behind on all component versions.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 7 (6,962 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 12:12:13 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by SoonerAl on Feb 12, 2014 at 12:20:20 PM

I got the Black update by going to Settings > phone update and manually checking for the update. 

As far as the component updates you might try the Lumia System Updater app in the Windows Phone store. That should tell you what needs updating. Are there no updates indicated in the Store app on the phone? I have been getting app updates all along since I bought the phone last October.

Thanks for the info about unlocking the phone. That is my exact situation. I moved from a ZTE feature GoPhone to the Lumia 520 smart GoPhone. I have had the same number for years...thanks again...I'll give it a shot...

i forgot got to add I may try switching to AiO for service. I am currently on the $40 per month GpPhone plan, ie. 500 minutes talk/unlimited text/200 MBytes data. If I go to AiO they say I would get unlimited talk and text/500 MBytes data for $35 per month on Auto Pay. That's $8.37 cheaper per month. AiO says taxes/fees are built in to their plan prices...

http://www.aiowireless.com/shop/plans.html

I got the Black update by going to Settings > phone update and manually checking for the update. 

As far as the component updates you might try the Lumia System Updater app in the Windows Phone store. That should tell you what needs updating. Are there no updates indicated in the Store app on the phone? I have been getting app updates all along since I bought the phone last October.

Thanks for the info about unlocking the phone. That is my exact situation. I moved from a ZTE feature GoPhone to the Lumia 520 smart GoPhone. I have had the same number for years...thanks again...I'll give it a shot...

i forgot got to add I may try switching to AiO for service. I am currently on the $40 per month GpPhone plan, ie. 500 minutes talk/unlimited text/200 MBytes data. If I go to AiO they say I would get unlimited talk and text/500 MBytes data for $35 per month on Auto Pay. That's $8.37 cheaper per month. AiO says taxes/fees are built in to their plan prices...

http://www.aiowireless.com/shop/plans.html

[ Edited ]
6 of 7 (6,949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 2:43:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Thanks!

I have to set it up with a MS account before I can update the apps and I need to talk to my mother in law for that. I'll probably do that tonight, there are nearly 20 app updates pending. The software update didn't require any accounts.

We have 4 lines on a mobile share value plan, with one line still under contract. With FAN discount we're getting a decent deal so we'll probbaly stay put. For a single line I can see how you'd want to switch.

Thanks!

I have to set it up with a MS account before I can update the apps and I need to talk to my mother in law for that. I'll probably do that tonight, there are nearly 20 app updates pending. The software update didn't require any accounts.

We have 4 lines on a mobile share value plan, with one line still under contract. With FAN discount we're getting a decent deal so we'll probbaly stay put. For a single line I can see how you'd want to switch.

7 of 7 (6,936 Views)