AT&T Free Msg? (Spam Text?)

Contributor

AT&T Free Msg? (Spam Text?)

I just received a text message from a 4 digit number stating this:

"AT&T Free Msg: Get the most from ur 1st 30 days of Mobile Email. Free 30 day ends 06/08/2012 so try it today! To avoid $5.00 monthly charge, u must cancel @ att.com/directbill or calling 800-331-0500 (or 611 from your phone)"

I am assuming this is spam but I just want to verify. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (7,225 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: AT&T Free Msg? (Spam Text?)

This sounds to me like you have receive info from AT&T enabled under your account settings. While these are free messages I can see how they would be bothersome which is why I choose not to receive them at all. If you log into "My AT&T account management in the following link, you should be able to disable the these messages from AT&T. https://www.att.com/olam/passthroughAction.myworld?actionType=BillPayments
Message 2 of 4 (7,213 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

The above link doesn't work for me at all. It just takes me to my login, then after my login it takes me to my account but there's no indication of where to go from there to change account settings. I'm REALLY sick of these texts from AT&T and have called customer service multiple times but the texts don't stop so an online option to stop them would be most appreciated.

Message 3 of 4 (4,888 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

amesmb wrote:

The above link doesn't work for me at all. It just takes me to my login, then after my login it takes me to my account but there's no indication of where to go from there to change account settings. I'm REALLY sick of these texts from AT&T and have called customer service multiple times but the texts don't stop so an online option to stop them would be most appreciated.

After you log in to your account, mouse over PROFILE, (located at the top of the page) ..you will then see a drop down box ... click on "Update My Profile".

You will then see 3 tabs..one will be "Marketing Preferences"....look there. Check or uncheck the boxes you'd like and remember to SAVE your changes.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 4 (4,876 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.