Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 10, 2013
9:43:10 PM
View profile
AT&T Family Map issue
Has anyone else had trouble locating the xperia tl30 (the james bond phone) on the family map? Or if you are successfully able to locate the xperia please let me know how.
Has anyone else had trouble locating the xperia tl30 (the james bond phone) on the family map? Or if you are successfully able to locate the xperia please let me know how.

AT&T Family Map issue

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 10:08:58 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, @steph0977 ! Thanks for your post.

Have you gotten FamilyMap to work with your Xperia yet? If not, here are a couple of helpful articles, one of which contains a description of compatible devices.

AT&T FamilyMap

AT&T FamilyMap: Supported Devices

If these don't help you, PM me and we can escalate this to tech support.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, @steph0977 ! Thanks for your post.

Have you gotten FamilyMap to work with your Xperia yet? If not, here are a couple of helpful articles, one of which contains a description of compatible devices.

AT&T FamilyMap

AT&T FamilyMap: Supported Devices

If these don't help you, PM me and we can escalate this to tech support.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T Family Map issue

2 of 8 (977 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 1:35:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

I keep trying to post this as a separate topic but get the message to correct highlighted errors that don't exits, so I will piggyback on this similar post.

I recently upgraded one of the phones I track with Family Map to a Samsung Galaxy S4 and can no longer locate it.  Is this a known issue and if so what is being done about it?  I will not continue paying for a service that no longer work correctly, Also, an HTC one that I used to get very precise location information for only gives me within a few miles now,  What is going on with Family Map and will it ever work properly again?

I keep trying to post this as a separate topic but get the message to correct highlighted errors that don't exits, so I will piggyback on this similar post.

I recently upgraded one of the phones I track with Family Map to a Samsung Galaxy S4 and can no longer locate it.  Is this a known issue and if so what is being done about it?  I will not continue paying for a service that no longer work correctly, Also, an HTC one that I used to get very precise location information for only gives me within a few miles now,  What is going on with Family Map and will it ever work properly again?

3 of 8 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 1:36:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

I forgot to check off to email me when there is a reply, so I am posting again so I can do so.

I forgot to check off to email me when there is a reply, so I am posting again so I can do so.

4 of 8 (659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 8:36:13 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, IAmMelinda!

Thanks for your post! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with Family Map. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can get this sorted out for you.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a reply.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello, IAmMelinda!

Thanks for your post! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with Family Map. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can get this sorted out for you.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a reply.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 8 (631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 12:25:06 PM
(0)
Contributor

Family map has completely stopped working on or before October 30th. I've had at least a dozen calls in to the tech dept. I haven't changed phones, plans, nor anything else. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Family map has completely stopped working on or before October 30th. I've had at least a dozen calls in to the tech dept. I haven't changed phones, plans, nor anything else. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

6 of 8 (547 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 12:26:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

Also, since it's been over 2 weeks with no luck finding an answer, wondering if anyone else could recommend another cell phone service that has this feature? Maybe Sprint or Verizon? Thinking of changing services if no solution by 4 weeks.

Also, since it's been over 2 weeks with no luck finding an answer, wondering if anyone else could recommend another cell phone service that has this feature? Maybe Sprint or Verizon? Thinking of changing services if no solution by 4 weeks.

7 of 8 (546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 1:39:56 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, melmazur!

Thanks for your post. Have you had a chance to use the link I provided in my response to IAmMelinda? If not, I encourage you to do so and send us a message so we can help.

In your message, you'll need to provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You should receive a response within two business days, so keep an eye on the blue envelope icon in the top right.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello, melmazur!

Thanks for your post. Have you had a chance to use the link I provided in my response to IAmMelinda? If not, I encourage you to do so and send us a message so we can help.

In your message, you'll need to provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You should receive a response within two business days, so keep an eye on the blue envelope icon in the top right.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

8 of 8 (537 Views)