AT&T Exploits you for money

Tutor

AT&T Exploits you for money

[ Edited ]

I have been a customer with this company for about 8 months.. I pay my wireless bill faithfully. About a month ago when I went on vacation I asked the customer service rep how to avoid being charged data and roaming charges... After Carefully following those instructions I was still charged- however that's not even the worst part. While contesting these charges and due to non payment my service was suspended.. Although I paid 100 of the 265 that is past due they still would not restore my service. I spoke to about four different people all of whom were EXTREMELY RUDE. Before even letting me get my point across they would cut me off and say " I can't help you unless you pay the remaining balance" when I asked to speak to a supervisor the lady "riza" cut me
Off and said her supervisor could not help me either... When I finally got on the phone with a DANIELA THE SUPERVISOR she was even more rude than her employees... After speaking to her I tried to call once again and ended up talking to DANIELA AGAIN she answered the call with " yes I'm the person you just talked to and if you can't pay we can't restore your service" .... Talk about exploiting your customers for money and making them feel singled out and BULLIED. Not to mention people were laughing in the Background. I am planning on taking this concern not only to the higher ups at AT&T yet also posting in my local news forums about it and letting people know how they are running alleged "customer service"

Message 1 of 6 (705 Views)
Employee

Re: AT&T Exploits you for money

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. As your post is serveral hours old, have you resolved this issue yet?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (665 Views)
Tutor

Re: AT

No I have not

Sent from my iPhone
Message 3 of 6 (633 Views)
Tutor

Re: AT

You know I was under the strange impression that it was inappropriate to treat customers this way. Considering that I am a relatively new customer (8 months) you can imagine what I think about your company now. Not only was I extremely disturbed at how your employees communicated with me, it was disgusting how they thought it was acceptable to cut me off while I was talking to mention "money". While I understand that the point of your "company" is exactly that.. It's a business... Usually we leave our customers under the FALSE PRETENSE that they are paying for good service and maybe even a friendly conversation. Although I've always known that the services I pay for are exactly that they are "businesses" your company may as well be a used care dealership, leaving people feeling unpleasant and taken advantage of after the interaction with the employees- if you can even call them that

Sent from my iPhone
Message 4 of 6 (631 Views)
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hello @bdt159 

There is no excuse for rudeness and I apologize for your bad experience, if you have more feedback and reps' full names, I will be happy to forward it to their supervisors, you can send me a private message by clicking here. Unfortunately when your service is suspended, we can't make a payment arrangement and the full past due balance needs to be paid before it can be restored. If you ever need more time to make a payment, you should be able to make an arrangement online at myATT.com.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6 (554 Views)
Community Manager

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 6 (352 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.