AT&T Account Fraud on the Rise -- Users Beware

Highlighted
Expert

Re: AT&T Account Fraud on the Rise -- Users Beware

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

In addition I would check your credit scores to make sure nothing else has been opened in your name. They had all the required information to be able to set up a account in your name - classic indication of identity theft. I would strongly recommend that you pull all three of your credit reports and put request that a fraud flag be placed on them.

Message 31 of 35

@Sum330.  My story, which I experienced this past week, is exactly like yours .  I totally agree that it's an internal issue.

Message 32 of 35
Expert

ATandTnotsogood wrote:

@Sum330.  My story, which I experienced this past week, is exactly like yours .  I totally agree that it's an internal issue.

doubt it, run credit checks and make sure your identity has not been compromised, once they have a ssn there is major unground business of creating a stolen identity. Cost about 100 bucks if that to get a fake drivers license, less in college towns

Message 33 of 35
Teacher

I was scared to death a few days ago when I guy rang my doorbell, he knew my name and address and he was convinced that I was running a hotel??  Wow!  I got busy looking around on Google, and found that someone had listed my home address on Google as some sort of an apartment or hotel, and they were using one of my old phone numbers that had been billed here a few years ago.   I've had about 8 or 10 installers in and out of here over the last 4 or 5 years, and I never paid too much attention to them (except when they destroyed a $300 floor lamp, which ATT refused to pay for, and I had to pay the lamp store $90 in repair bills, I'm still annoyed about that....)  Yeah, so....long story short....Google pretty much says, "tough luck, not our problem, we don't have to remove anything".  Huh??  It's my private residence, someone is seriously violating my privacy, they have somehow gotten ahold of my phone records from years ago, and now they're telling the world to come knock on my door and demand to rent a room?  Really!!  Someone should explain to me exactly why I don't have grounds to sue both ATT and Google, I'm dying to hear this.  

Message 34 of 35

In order to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting.

Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Message 35 of 35
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support