Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 30, 2013
12:22:53 PM
View profile
APN MMS setting for Samsung Captivate as Gophone

My husband is using a Samsung Galaxy Captivate as a gophone. SMS messages come through but MMS messages won't download. I switched the APN settings on my HTC Vivid that I use as a gophone and can receive and send them fine. However, those settings do not work on the Captivate. I have tried a few different APN settings but none have worked Smiley Sad Any Help would be greatly appreciated! Smiley Very Happy Not worried about getting on internet, just the mms. Thanks!

My husband is using a Samsung Galaxy Captivate as a gophone. SMS messages come through but MMS messages won't download. I switched the APN settings on my HTC Vivid that I use as a gophone and can receive and send them fine. However, those settings do not work on the Captivate. I have tried a few different APN settings but none have worked Smiley Sad Any Help would be greatly appreciated! Smiley Very Happy Not worried about getting on internet, just the mms. Thanks!

APN MMS setting for Samsung Captivate as Gophone

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 4:55:40 PM
(0)
Expert

Not sure, but see if this will help...

Configure Text and Picture Message Settings

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Not sure, but see if this will help...

Configure Text and Picture Message Settings

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Re: APN MMS setting for Samsung Captivate as Gophone

2 of 4 (1,733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 6:42:57 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you for your response. I will go over this when he gets home from work, however, I don't think it's an issue with the message settings. With a contract sim messaging works fine. It's with a gophone sim in it that we can't get pics to send or receive
Thank you for your response. I will go over this when he gets home from work, however, I don't think it's an issue with the message settings. With a contract sim messaging works fine. It's with a gophone sim in it that we can't get pics to send or receive

3 of 4 (1,714 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 6:48:05 PM
(0)
Expert

Your welcome...I'm sure there's someone on here that has better knowledge of gophones that I ever will..hopefully they'll see your post and be able to help.  Good luck!

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Your welcome...I'm sure there's someone on here that has better knowledge of gophones that I ever will..hopefully they'll see your post and be able to help.  Good luck!

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

4 of 4 (1,711 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments