Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 28, 2014
7:52:19 PM
View profile
A complaint

This is not a question.  It is a complaint.  I have been a customer of AT&T in various forms for 40 years.  For the past 25 years I have used AT&T long distance service for my landline phone, and I have used AT&T cellular service for the last 4 or 5 years.  However, AT&T has become a hopelessly arrogant and pompous organization.  They have no mechanism for responding to complaints.  They do not follow through with their commitments.  I am well beyond the expiration of my cellular contract and I will remove all of my service from these people. I don't like Verizon that much either, but AT&T has passed beyond any hope of redemptions.

I had AT&T land line long distance service for many years, but in recent years I make all of my long distance phone calls with my cell phone.  The AT&T long distance charges for landline are not extreme, but $16 per month every month becomes annoying when you never use the service. In December, 2013 I decided this service.  It is not easy.  You can start this service by the internet, but you can't stop it by the internet.   You have to talk to a person on the phone.  However, this person on the phone is only available during working hours on Monday through Friday, and you need to go through 8 to 10 steps to get to her.  Further, you can't get there unless you start with the right access number.  I tried 3 times, and on the 3rd time I finally got through. I talked with the young woman and she assured me the service would be stopped.  One would expect that would be the end of the story, but that is not the case.  AT&T continued to bill my credit card $16. and some odd cents the following month.  I paid the credit card bill, but I called the credit card company telling them this is not valid charge.  American Express said fine, we will stop accepting charges from them.  However, that doesn't stop it either.  AT&T continues to bill me a monthly charge even though I have not used this long distance service in months.  They owe me money because I overpaid for service that was to be discontinued, but they continue to bill me for service they are  not providing.

Now cellular sevice is not much better.  I have had a Iphone with AT&T for serveral years.  It is not well outside the two year contract period, but I continue to pay the contract amount every month.  However, I travel a good bit and sometimes pay my bill 2 months at a time.  I did this recently, and for some reason the second months bill was 14 cents larger than the prior months.  This charletons charged me a $5.00 late fee for being late with 14 pennies.  You can't complain to anyone, because person you ever talk to by calling them is a computer voice that tells you to choose one of several options.  After going through 6 or 8 steps by this process you frequently find your self back to the place you started.  I am cancelling AT&T service.  I am overwhelmed with Verizon, but they are certainly better than this.  I don't object to a business making money.  That is how our system works.  But a business has to provide a service to its customers and be responsive to its customers.  AT&T is hopelessly beyond that point.

This is not a question.  It is a complaint.  I have been a customer of AT&T in various forms for 40 years.  For the past 25 years I have used AT&T long distance service for my landline phone, and I have used AT&T cellular service for the last 4 or 5 years.  However, AT&T has become a hopelessly arrogant and pompous organization.  They have no mechanism for responding to complaints.  They do not follow through with their commitments.  I am well beyond the expiration of my cellular contract and I will remove all of my service from these people. I don't like Verizon that much either, but AT&T has passed beyond any hope of redemptions.

I had AT&T land line long distance service for many years, but in recent years I make all of my long distance phone calls with my cell phone.  The AT&T long distance charges for landline are not extreme, but $16 per month every month becomes annoying when you never use the service. In December, 2013 I decided this service.  It is not easy.  You can start this service by the internet, but you can't stop it by the internet.   You have to talk to a person on the phone.  However, this person on the phone is only available during working hours on Monday through Friday, and you need to go through 8 to 10 steps to get to her.  Further, you can't get there unless you start with the right access number.  I tried 3 times, and on the 3rd time I finally got through. I talked with the young woman and she assured me the service would be stopped.  One would expect that would be the end of the story, but that is not the case.  AT&T continued to bill my credit card $16. and some odd cents the following month.  I paid the credit card bill, but I called the credit card company telling them this is not valid charge.  American Express said fine, we will stop accepting charges from them.  However, that doesn't stop it either.  AT&T continues to bill me a monthly charge even though I have not used this long distance service in months.  They owe me money because I overpaid for service that was to be discontinued, but they continue to bill me for service they are  not providing.

Now cellular sevice is not much better.  I have had a Iphone with AT&T for serveral years.  It is not well outside the two year contract period, but I continue to pay the contract amount every month.  However, I travel a good bit and sometimes pay my bill 2 months at a time.  I did this recently, and for some reason the second months bill was 14 cents larger than the prior months.  This charletons charged me a $5.00 late fee for being late with 14 pennies.  You can't complain to anyone, because person you ever talk to by calling them is a computer voice that tells you to choose one of several options.  After going through 6 or 8 steps by this process you frequently find your self back to the place you started.  I am cancelling AT&T service.  I am overwhelmed with Verizon, but they are certainly better than this.  I don't object to a business making money.  That is how our system works.  But a business has to provide a service to its customers and be responsive to its customers.  AT&T is hopelessly beyond that point.

A complaint

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2014 9:00:23 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by JMill09 on Mar 2, 2014 at 9:01:31 PM

Charles,

Thank you for your loyalty with us!

I'm sorry to hear you're thinking about leaving us. We would love to keep you as a customer.

We have many new plans out that could suit your needs better.

Please click here and send a private message to our Customer Care. They will contact you and work to resolve all your issues!

Charles,

Thank you for your loyalty with us!

I'm sorry to hear you're thinking about leaving us. We would love to keep you as a customer.

We have many new plans out that could suit your needs better.

Please click here and send a private message to our Customer Care. They will contact you and work to resolve all your issues!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: A complaint

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (267 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 7:37:45 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Mar 4, 2014 at 9:58:43 AM

Hello @CharlesWRoeder Thank you for posting our feedback.

JoshuaMiller gave you a good advise, if you need help with anything, you can send us a private message and our team will be happy to help anyway we can.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @CharlesWRoeder Thank you for posting our feedback.

JoshuaMiller gave you a good advise, if you need help with anything, you can send us a private message and our team will be happy to help anyway we can.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: A complaint

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (223 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments