5S Preorder

Voyager

5S Preorder

Is it faster to pre-order through AT&T or Apple?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9 (1,964 Views)
Expert

Re: 5S Preorder

NG001 wrote:

Is it faster to pre-order through AT&T or Apple?

Thanks

would guess it will probably be the same, apple is notorious for limited quantities on release, ithis time they have two phones to keep up with.

Message 2 of 9 (1,942 Views)
Professor

Got my 5 through Apple, previously I got my phones through AT&T. No difference in timeliness, but I think Apple does a better job with keeping you up to date on order status and tracking info.
Message 3 of 9 (1,762 Views)
Scholar

According to everything I have read, pre-ordering the 5S is impossible.  You can only pre-order the cheap plastic 5C.

Message 4 of 9 (1,754 Views)
ACE - Professor

jtrue28 wrote:

According to everything I have read, pre-ordering the 5S is impossible.  You can only pre-order the cheap plastic 5C.

Other than it having a plastic back (something the 3G and 3Gs had and no one complained then) it's the same phone as the 5.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 9 (1,668 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Samsung has the market on plastic.

Apple refusing to allow for pre-orders leads me to believe they will have serious supply shortages. After 7 years they still can't figure out how to plan for a phone release.
Message 6 of 9 (1,636 Views)
ACE - Master

I would ask if you are an AT&T "Premier Customer"?   If you are, it may be faster to upgrade through Apple.  For the last few years the Premier members have been having issues with their upgrade orders.

I am a Premier member at AT&T (corporate discount) and when I got my iPhone 3G I got it at an AT&T corporate store.  I got my iPhone 4 through an Apple store, and I got my iPhone 5 at an AT&T store.  I got my iPhone 3G several months after the release due to contracts on my previous phone.  I got my iPhone 4 through an in-store waiting list because I couldn't pre-order.  At that time the Apple store waiting list time was much shorter than the AT&T one.  I got my iPhone 5 in an AT&T store because Apple was sold out and the AT&T store had what I wanted.  I got it on launch day, but because I was traveling, I couldn't pre-order, and I took my chances in the lines, walking out with my new iPhone 5 on 09/21/2012.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 9 (1,635 Views)
Master

My personal experience and based on all the posts here about where is my order and why does it show backordered, etc.. Order from Apple!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 8 of 9 (1,527 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Again, you cannot PRE-order the 5S.

Message 9 of 9 (1,344 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.