Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 28, 2013
5:04:08 AM
View profile
$5 International Long Distance packeage question

If i purchase the $ 5 International Long Distance Package, If i call would i still be charged the standard airtime rate per minute on top of  my 250 minutes free? How does this work? could anyone shed light on this please. Thank you

If i purchase the $ 5 International Long Distance Package, If i call would i still be charged the standard airtime rate per minute on top of  my 250 minutes free? How does this work? could anyone shed light on this please. Thank you

$5 International Long Distance packeage question

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 9:53:03 AM
(0)
Employee

Data, Messaging, and International Long Distance packages.

Here's a page from ATT.com to hopefully explain all your questions!

Data, Messaging, and International Long Distance packages.

Here's a page from ATT.com to hopefully explain all your questions!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: $5 International Long Distance packeage question

2 of 8 (907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 9:04:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I am on the $2 daily plan.
The International Long Distance package do not charge me any standard airtime.

I am on the $2 daily plan.
The International Long Distance package do not charge me any standard airtime.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (878 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 9:50:10 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks for the help guys. Yes you wouldnt be charged extra. But if you dont have the ILD package, it charges the international rate of the country your calling plus the regular airtime rate. 

Here's the link https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB115940&cv=821&br=BR&ct=1200006&pv=3#fbid=MD6oXX7KIMy

If you purchase another $5 International feature package before the current one expires, any remaining minutes will roll over. Customers can set up the package to Auto Renew which will help them keep their unused minutes. When customers use minutes in the international package, there are no additional charges for those minutes so calls to international locations do not trigger the $2 daily fee on the $2 Daily Unlimited Talk & Text plan nor do they use minutes from your $25 Monthly plan or cost you additional minutes on the $0.10/Minute Plan.

Spoiler

Thanks for the help guys. Yes you wouldnt be charged extra. But if you dont have the ILD package, it charges the international rate of the country your calling plus the regular airtime rate. 

Here's the link https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB115940&cv=821&br=BR&ct=1200006&pv=3#fbid=MD6oXX7KIMy

If you purchase another $5 International feature package before the current one expires, any remaining minutes will roll over. Customers can set up the package to Auto Renew which will help them keep their unused minutes. When customers use minutes in the international package, there are no additional charges for those minutes so calls to international locations do not trigger the $2 daily fee on the $2 Daily Unlimited Talk & Text plan nor do they use minutes from your $25 Monthly plan or cost you additional minutes on the $0.10/Minute Plan.

Spoiler

4 of 8 (871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 7:13:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Right, after so many years with AT&T $2 unlimited plan,someone do give me a correct answer .
I do remember some days I only made a LD call ,and they don't charge me the $2 daily fee.
But !!!

If you purchase another $5 International feature package before the current one expires, Any remaining minutes will  NOT roll over!!!

Right, after so many years with AT&T $2 unlimited plan,someone do give me a correct answer .
I do remember some days I only made a LD call ,and they don't charge me the $2 daily fee.
But !!!

If you purchase another $5 International feature package before the current one expires, Any remaining minutes will  NOT roll over!!!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (850 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 8:39:13 AM
(0)
Scholar

really? you're saying the information on the website is inaccurate?

really? you're saying the information on the website is inaccurate?

6 of 8 (836 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 5:55:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Yeep,this is what happen to me when AT&T still charge US$10 for 250 mins LD !!!

Yeep,this is what happen to me when AT&T still charge US$10 for 250 mins LD !!!

7 of 8 (820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2013 8:17:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by adidaskid808 on Dec 28, 2013 at 8:19:35 AM

Just to make this Long Distance package question clear.

Yes, your long distance left over from last month do carry on.

But you need to buy the package again before it expire .

The 30 days count  are start during the day you hit the buy it now button.

Just to make this Long Distance package question clear.

Yes, your long distance left over from last month do carry on.

But you need to buy the package again before it expire .

The 30 days count  are start during the day you hit the buy it now button.

[ Edited ]
8 of 8 (622 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments