4g Lte COverage Questions.....Can't get a straight answer. Please help!

4g Lte COverage Questions.....Can't get a straight answer. Please help!

Okay, I'm a new At&t from T-Mobile after 7 years and so far I don't have too much to complain about.

However, the Data Speeds in my area are so Sparodic and crazy. I know in LTE Areas the speeds can be amazing.

I live outside of Los Angeles (Quartz Hill, Lancaster, Palmdale) Area Code 93536.

When are we getting TRUE 4g Lte Coverage? I can call the store and speak to 4 different associates and get 4 different answers.

I usually use W-Fi at home but I mean when I'm at work I get speeds as low as 200k. Thats not even 4g speeds. Once 8pm hits than it's back up to anywhere from 1.5mps-3mps which is still slower than T-mobile was in my area.....

Anyone have some real input or suggestions?

Message 1 of 4 (918 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: 4g Lte COverage Questions.....Can't get a straight answer. Please help!

I work in Glendale and as of today I just saw LTE finally turned on. I'm sure they are just testing it out and will turn off and on for the next couple weeks. I live in Santa Clarita and when I called and asked them when LTE would be in both these areas, they replied with the beginning of 2013. Looks like its coming true!
Message 2 of 4 (830 Views)
Contributor

Still no 4G LTE in the Antelope Valley.  Still poor cellular (talk) coverage and very slow (if any) data coverage at Edwards AFB.  The Rootmetrics coverage map shows a pretty good breakdown of AT&T versus Verizon... I know because I helped provide crowdsource data for this map.

So when will (if ever) will: Palmdale, Lancaster, Mojave, Boron, Edwards AFB, Victorville, Adelanto, Rosamond, Pearblossom, Littlerock, Apple Valley, Acton, Leona Valley, Agua Dulce, Tehachapi, California City, Kramer Junction, Quartz Hill, Llano, Valermo, and Lake Hughes see decent AT&T coverage with 4G LTE??  The farmers and agri-businessmen up in Porterville/Visalia have 4G LTE now, but the Aerospace professionals here are still waiting...

Message 3 of 4 (527 Views)
Scholar

Just saw LTE on my 5S for the 1st time in Tehachapi at the walgreens corner of tehachapi blvd and tucker rd.
Message 4 of 4 (231 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.