4G LTE slower than 3G!

Teacher

4G LTE slower than 3G!

[ Edited ]
AT&amp;T free msg:Your urgent case ID is ***.Expect a call back from our Case team within 2-3 days.-AT&amp;T chat support.<br><br>Urgent my ***. I've been dealing with this wireless issue for several months. They have told me that my issues are because they have downgraded my speed as they do with all heavy users. I've asked them what I've used and they inform me that it was 1Gb last month. I am NOT a heavy user. I upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a galaxy S4 so I could have a faster phone both in processing and network-wise. This has not been the case. I am paying for way less than 3G speeds as my 4G LTE speeds are even slower. To show you my point I used speedtest on my mother-in-laws iPhone 4 and my galaxy S4 both using the current firmware...<br><br><a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/jm8ewajexroz5zt/IMG_1695.jpg" target="_blank">https://www.dropbox.com/s/jm8ewajexroz5zt/IMG_1695.jpg</a> <br><br>I have yet to be contacted and I am very frustrated by this. <br><br>

[Edited for privacy.]

Message 1 of 13 (5,093 Views)
Teacher

Re: 4G LTE slower than 3G!

Message 2 of 13 (5,091 Views)
ACE - Professor

Just a question, are you by chance on the unlimited data plan? If so, the reason the speeds are slow is because your speeds are throttled to 2G speeds after going past the 5GB cap. Your indicator would show LTE but your speeds would be reduced until the start of your next billing cycle.

If this is not the case, I would try changing the SIM card at my nearest AT&T corporate store and see if that helps.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 13 (5,039 Views)
Teacher

I do have an unlimited plan however I have not gone over 5 Gb any month. I am fed up with this. What a way to treat a loyal customer.
Message 4 of 13 (4,940 Views)
Highlighted

The truth is that you don't have an unlimited plan. It's limited, even though you pay for unlimited. It's dishonest but that's what they do.
Message 5 of 13 (4,927 Views)
ACE - Professor

It's not dishonest in all honesty... You pay to access the internet whether you are on EDGE or LTE at no additional charge at anytime you wish. Unlimited speed isn't something that was ever included in the plan description.

@Miamimale33 - Have you attempted getting a new SIM card for the phone? Let us know if it helped! Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 13 (4,912 Views)
Teacher

Evandela wrote:
It's not dishonest in all honesty... You pay to access the internet whether you are on EDGE or LTE at no additional charge at anytime you wish. Unlimited speed isn't something that was ever included in the plan description.

@Miamimale33 - Have you attempted getting a new SIM card for the phone? Let us know if it helped! Smiley Happy

Actually, it is dishonest.  When I signed up for my first iPhone I was promised unlimited everything data, text and voice.  I began my experience with an iPhone 3G, then upgraded to the iPhone 4 as it offered a faster experience and recently I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S4 specifically for the 4G LTE speeds that are advertised as well as the better technology in the phone.  After doing some research online, there appears to be an issue with the Galaxy S4 and android 4.3 with users experiencing Wifi instability and network issues.  This is a larger situation than it is being made out to be.  There is a serious problem when you pay for something that does not work as expected.  I have changed my phone, the SIM, reset the phone to factory defaults and all the other troubleshooting recommended.   

My experience with this is sickening and has been a complete waste of time some of the recent chat transcripts are below:

Roger: Hello Jackson

Jackson: Hello Roger, thank you for chatting in with me tonight. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when my phone doesnt work when I need it to. I will do everything I can to help you with this tonight

Roger: I was online chatting with a representative earlier and got disconnected. I was told to back up my phone and reset it. I did this and the problem still remains

Jackson: What is the problem with the S 4?

Roger: I'm connecting to the 4GLTE network at only 3.17Mbps download and 7.34Mbps upload

Jackson: I will now review your account now.

Roger: Thx

Roger: The last time they sent me a new phone, I had the same problem. I requested another but they said I had to wait until they received the first one. They sent me an email that they received it

Jackson: I understand, I am seeing you are on an unlimited data plan after you have used a certain amount of data your download speeds are slowed down to ensure there is enough for the rest of our customers who do not have unlimited data.

Roger: That's fine but I am not a heavy user

Roger: that has been established in previous correspondence

Jackson: I understand, so you are wondering if there is a way to remove this throttling?

Roger: so you are throttling my connection speeds?

Jackson: Yes our customers that have unlimited data are slowed down to ensure the rest of our customers who do not have unlimited data can still have adequate speeds.

Roger: okay then explain why my wife's speeds are much higher than mine.

Jackson: Is she on an unlimited data plan as well?

Roger: yes, we are both on the same plan

Jackson: Ok so after you have gone over a certain amount of data your speeds are slowed down, it is possible she hasnt used as much data as you.

Roger: no

Jackson: How else can I help you tonight Roger?

Roger: I'd like to get the speeds I'm paying for

Jackson: You are on an unlimited data plan after you have used a certain amount of data your download speeds are slowed down to ensure there is enough for the rest of our customers who do not have unlimited data. You are still getting what you are paying for, but there is no way for me to remove that.

Roger: so what is the limit that I've reached?

Jackson: **** is your line?

Roger: yes

Jackson: Ok I am seeing you have used about 1GB of data on this line, that would explain why your speeds have been slowed down.

Roger: 1GB in how long?

Jackson: This is as of 2/8 at 09:49 PM EST

Roger: starting from when?

Jackson: The beginning of your billing cycle.

Roger: so in a month I used 1GB

Jackson: There is no way for me to remove this throttling Roger. What else can I help you with tonight

Jackson: ?

Roger: I am not using a lot of data and I refuse to accept that I upgraded my phone only to receive the same speed I was getting on my 3G phone

Jackson: I understand, would you me to transfer you to our customer relation department for more information on this?

Roger: Yes please

One moment while I transfer the chat to a representative that is better skilled to handle your concern.

Welcome! You are now chatting with 'Leonardo'

Roger: Hello Leonardo

Roger: this situation is unacceptable

Leonardo: Hi Roger.Let's run a quick diagnostic test and see how we can improve the internet speed on your phone.

Roger: ok

Leonardo: Give me one moment please,let me read your previous chat conversation so that we can see what has ben done so far.

Roger: I reset my phone like the representative earlier in the evening told me to and the speed did not change.

Leonardo: Ok.

Leonardo: May I ask when did this slow data connection take place?

Roger: when I sent back my previous phone for this same issue

Roger: This new phone has the exact same problem and they told me once they received my first phone that they would send me another replacement.

Leonardo: Ok.

Leonardo: Please bear with me,let me run a  quick diagnostic test.

Leonardo:

Leonardo: I appreciate your patience with me while I get this issue resolve for you.

Leonardo:

Leonardo: Customers with a 3G or 4G smartphone, who also still have our unlimited data plan, see speeds reduced, if they use 3GB of data or more in a billing cycle.So even if you haven't yet use 3Gb of data,the data connection become very slow.

Roger: My wife has a 4GLTE phone and her speed is 5x the speed of mine

Roger: we are under the same plan

Roger: i upgraded from an iphone 4 to a galaxy S4 for the LTE speeds

Roger: I'm getting the same speeds now as I was with my old iphone.

Leonardo: Ok.We understand how this become very concerning to you.Let me engage my manager.

Leonardo: Roger,we see here your previous interaction regarding same issue.May I ask what did they say to you after the previous troubleshooting?

Leonardo: So we promised that there will be an improvement in the speed once you get a replacement phone?

Roger: yes, they told me that there was something wrong with my first phone.

Roger: they sent me another and I experienced the same problem and they said that they would send me another replacement once they received the first phone back in the mail.

Roger: They have accessed my phone remotely numerous times to only see what I see

Leonardo: I just talked talked to my manager.She doesn't want you to keep on calling us with the same problem.We understand how this become very concerning to you.

Roger: I have wasted a lot of time on this

Leonardo: What we can do for you tonight is to file an urgent case so that our Intensive care team(ICU) will be able to look into it and expedite the resolution for this issue.

Roger: what exactly will this do for me

Leonardo: Rest assured that submitting an urgent case is the best resolution we can provide.This has not yet done on your account.Our case team will look into it further and provide you with a resolution.We are more than willing to credit your bill for timeframe that you're having this problem.

Roger: I've been jumping through hoops to get this resolved and it now leaves me with a phone that i have to reinstall everything I had on it.

Roger: This has been a complete waste of time

Roger: I apologize but I have to voice this.

Leonardo: Oh I feel the same as you because I am a consumer too.We really want to help you the best we can and we don't want to end this chat session leaving you unhappy.

Leonardo: So for how long you've been experiencing this issue?

Roger: I've been a loyal customer for many years and just because I am grandfathered into an unlimited plan I feel like I'm being punished.

Roger: I noticed it off and on a few months after I upgraded I believe

Leonardo: And since the start of your current cycle on 02/05 until today the issue is continuous,right?

Roger: I have had slow connection speeds with the replacement phone since I've had it

Roger: and the previous (my original phone) I had the same problems and had to jump through the same hoops

Roger: I am frustrated by this

Roger: This is a service I am paying for.

Leonardo: What we can do for you is to credit the data plan charges for the last 2 months($60 total) and go ahead file an urgent case.We want you to please be confident that filling this urgent case is the best resolution available.We are confident that Case team will be able to provide the best resolution;

Roger: Okay. But something needs to be done so this never happens again.

Leonardo: Yes Roger,we already escalated this to my manager.In fact she's the one who advised us the need to file an "urgent" case.This has not yet done on your account and we are confident that this is the best resolution we can provide.

Roger: Thank you

Leonardo: You're welcome!We don't want you to wait long time again to get this issue resolve that is why an urgent case is needed to be filed.

Leonardo: Please bear with me.I'll go ahead and talk to my manager again so that she can file this urgent case tonight.

Roger: okay

Leonardo: Thanks again for your patience with me.

Leonardo: My manager is now creating the case.Give us another minute or  two please.

Leonardo: While waiting for the case to be submitted,let me go ahead and apply the $60 credit.

Roger: thanks

Leonardo: You're most welcome.

Leonardo: Could you please refresh your online page so that you can also see the credit we applied.

Roger: where do I see that?

Leonardo: You can go to Overview page please.

Leonardo: Its under your account balance.

Roger: I dont see it

Leonardo: Could you please log out and log back in to your online account so that you will see the updated balance.

Urgent case ID: ***********************.  Expect a call back from our Case team within 2-3 days.

Message 7 of 13 (4,906 Views)
Teacher

Next chat:

Next chat: 

Thank you for your patience! Your AT&T Representative will be with you shortly.

Welcome! You are now chatting with 'Gabriella'

Gabriella: Hello Roger, I see you are having issues with the speed of your phone. I can definitely help you with that today Smiley Happy

Roger: Hello Gabriella, I do not want to waste your time or spend the next hour doing everything that I have already done with previous chats.

Gabriella: Great! I completely understand! Do you mind if I take a moment or two then to get caught up with the account notes and previous chat?

Roger: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jm8ewajexroz5zt/IMG_1695.jpg

Gabriella: I'm sorry, Roger, I do not have access to that link it seems.

Roger: you'll have to copy and paste into a browser

Roger: it's an image file that shows a Samsung Galaxy S4 and an Iphone 4 with the Iphone 4 having a faster speed than the Galaxy. My phone is the galaxy.

Roger: In addition, I keep getting a message that my wireless signal is unstable when connected to Wifi

Gabriella: Oh all right! I apologize, I did try in a different browser, it just won't load for me. So you are looking into replacement then, right?

Roger: Yes, but I cannot be without a phone.

Gabriella: I completely understand. You've done factory resets, and warranty replacement, am I right?

Roger: Yes, everything. Sim replacement too

Gabriella: Great! I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing such issues. Are other AT&T users having faster speeds than you in similar locations?

Roger: I understand that all that are on unlimited plans have their speeds lowered once they exceed 5 Gb, I am not a heavy user as you can see.

Roger: Yes, my wife will sit next to me with her iphone 5 and will get 3-4 times the speed i get on the same network

Gabriella: How frustrating! I do apologize for this, I know how frustrating this can be when you expect the best data speeds LTE can give you. I definitely want to make this right for you today.

Roger: Thank you but I've been told this before. I've been dealing with this issue for a long time

Gabriella: I can see that. I can also see that there was a case submitted as well?

Roger: Yes in which I was supposed to hear back in 3-5 and I haven't heard back. It's extremely frustrating and not a good way to treat your loyal customers

Gabriella: I agree completely. I'm sorry about that. As far as replacement, we do have a few options. We can get you on our AT&T Next Program. How does that sound?

Roger: Sounds like an additional cost that will likely cost me more and take me off my unlimited plan

Gabriella: It definitely won't change any of your plan features! Smiley Happy All it does is allow you to get a phone out of contract, for monthly installments, and give the option to upgrade earlier than with a traditional contract Smiley Happy

Roger: so it costs more

Gabriella: In comparison to total costs for a phone upfront, it saves you money and gives you more flexibility. You won't have to put anything down today, just pay the taxes on the phone. Then you could pay monthly installments for 20 or 26 months, whichever you are more comfortable with Smiley Happy There's also no activation fee!

Roger: No thanks, I am not interested in spending more money on a service that I am not even happy with at the moment.

Gabriella: I completely understand. We do have the option of adding a line to your account to receive the full upgrade pricing?

Roger: Not sure how that solves my problem

Gabriella: You'd be able to get a different phone for the full discount pricing to put on your line.

Roger: So I'd be paying for three phones

Gabriella: You would have 3 lines on your account, yes. We can look into early upgrade options as well for your line.

Roger: I do not want to pay anything more for my services

Gabriella: I understand, Roger, I just want to provide you with every option possible.

Roger: okay, what are my options

Gabriella: AT&T Next, Adding a line to your account, Early upgrade, you could buy the phone out right without a contract, or you could get a go phone to use until you are eligible for a standard upgrade Smiley Happy

Roger: My warranty covers me until next year.

Gabriella: We can always do a warranty replacement for the same phone as well, though you've already done one.

Roger: I've done one because you all decided it was my phone.

Roger: I think there is a serious problem with the Galaxy S4 specifically it working with Android 4.3

Gabriella: There may be, Roger, and Samsung is just not aware of the problem yet, so what would you like to do? What are you most comfortable with?

Roger: I've searched online during this whole process and i've found posts after posts of these same issues.

Gabriella: Okay, are these posts on the Android Forums?

Roger: Yes, all over.

Gabriella: Okay, I'll do some research. Were there any solutions found, Roger?

Roger: None

Gabriella: Okay. So let me ask you this then, because I want to get this fixed for you, what would you like to have done about this issue? I'm still researching, rest assured, I'm looking for  a solution as well.

Roger: If there is a problem with this phone then replacing it again with another is a complete waste of time

Gabriella: I completely agree. That's why I wanted to give you your options in terms of getting a new phone. So with the options I have given you, which are you comfortable doing?

Roger: replacing my phone

Gabriella: With a completely different phone, right?

Roger: I have no choice at this point

Roger: I am not willing to go with a phone that is beneath this phone, if you understand what I mean.

Gabriella: Completely! The S4 is a top notch phone, you'd like one of it's competitors. Now in order to get you a completely different phone, your options are to go with our AT&T Next program, adding a line to get a  phone at a discounted price, early upgrade for a partial discount, buying the phone at full price.

Roger: So I have to pay more?

Gabriella: Depending on which option you choose, yes, you will have to pay.

Roger: This is incredible that I'm getting "punished" for a problem that is not mine.

Gabriella: I understand your frustration, Roger, but these are our options today.

Roger: I will take a replacement of the phone I currently have and will take this up with AT&T corporate as I think this is absurd.

Roger: A solution to a loyal customer having issues this long is not to charge them more for services that they are not happy with.

Roger: If I were to be placed onto this next program I should not be charged.

Gabriella: I completely understand your frustration, Roger, this has been an extremely frustrating experience. I am sorry that this is the best we can do. I have to let you know of the non compliance fee involved with doing a warranty replacement okay?

Roger: what is that

Gabriella: It's a fee that customers are charged if there is any physical or liquid damage, or there are no problems with the phone itself.

Roger: another charge great

Roger: This is not getting any better

Gabriella: There is a low chance that you will be charged this charge, as I am noting the reason why we are doing the warranty exchange, I just am required to let you know of this fee.

Roger: I have too much invested in this phone with it's $60 case, and other accessories to do anything else.

Gabriella: Did you want to complete this warranty exchange then, Roger, or no?

Roger: Yes, but I also want a new SIM and a guarantee that this will be resolved when I receive the new phone

Gabriella: I cannot guarantee this because we are unsure what the exact problem is with the phone. Whether its a component or software. We can complete this exchange, and follow up once you get it, I can personally call you back to guarantee that someone speaks to you.

Roger: I'd appreciate that. If this last phone does not function I can get out of my contract legally.

Gabriella: Great, we'll process that warranty then get our commitment for a follow up set up. Can I have the IMEI of your phone please?

Roger: ***********************

Gabriella: Perfect, thank you. And again, the non compliance fee that I am absolutely required to discuss with you is $579.

Roger: thanks

Gabriella: Of course, now I do have to cover a few shipping points with you, after that we'll have to confirm your information, sound good?

Gabriella: Great, 
It may take up to six business days for you to receive your device.
You can elect priority three day shipping for $14.95
Signature is not required
Package may be left at the door on driver's discretion.
Signature is required for business.
Your package will include return shipping materials.

Roger: You cannot upgrade my shipping at no cost?

Roger: six days is a while

Gabriella: I was actually going to for you, seeing that you've gone through quite the run around, all right?

Roger: thx

Roger: I'd like to have it sent to my work address

Gabriella: Now could you confirm your email address, and shipping address?

Roger: *****@$$$$$$$.MMMM

Roger: *********************

Roger: ***************************

Roger: ***************************

Gabriela: Great, and as stated before, a signature will be required upon delivery.

Gabriella: 
We are almost complete with your replacement. We will now cover the Terms and Conditions of your warranty

Once you receive your AT&T Certified like new device, which has been thoroughly tested and inspected to meet AT&T's high standards for quality and reliability, you have 10 days to return the defective device. If you do not return it in time, you will be charged $579, which is the value of the replacement device, on an upcoming bill

The warranty period on your replacement device is 90 days.

Please keep all removable parts (battery, battery cover, memory card, SIM tray, stylus) of your current device.

A device with liquid or physical damage is considered out of warranty. It will be returned to you, and you will be charged the value of the replacement device. Both devices will then be yours to keep

Do you understand and agree to these terms and conditions?

Roger: What warrants physical damage?

Gabriella: Scratches, chips, gouges, screen bleeding, cracks, broken screens or anything like that

Roger: I have none of those

Gabriella: Perfect, do you agree to these terms and conditions then?

Roger: As stated yes.

Gabriella: Oh, I didn't see you stated yes. Perfect.

Gabriella: I am also sending a SIM with that phone, so you will have to activate it once it's received :

Gabriella Garibay: Smiley Happy

Roger: Thank you

Gabriella: Of course, now your order number is ************. Once your item ships, you will receive a shipping and tracking number. Would you like a free text message with this number?

Roger: yes please

Gabriella: Perfect, that has been sent! Now that we've got your warranty claim completed, we'll get your follow up set up.

Gabriella: Since your order can take 2-3 days, how does Friday sound for a call back?

Roger: sounds good

Gabriella: Great, and what time is best for you?

Roger: 12pm

Gabriella: Perfect. So 12 PM, Friday, is there a different number you'd like to be contacted at than your cell phone? Or is ********* okay?

Roger: my cell is fine

Gabriella: Great. Now that we've got your warranty replacement on it's way and your commitment set up, what else can I do for you today, Roger?

Roger: That will be all. I'll let you know what is the situation once I receive the new phone. Have a good day.

Gabriella: You as well, and thank you so much for letting me have the opportunity to correct this for you. I'll speak with you on Friday Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13 (4,905 Views)
ACE - Professor

Its really not dishonest and you just said it yourself "unlimited everything DATA". That means you get access to the internet at ANYTIME without any extra charges. Unlimited speed was never included. After you hit a certain amount of GB on your plan, (3GB for 3G/4G or 5GB for LTE), your speeds will be slowed down until the next billing cycle. Every carrier does this.

Hopefully, it is the phone that's the issue and it's resolved with the new one, but there's no way around the throttling if that's whwt happened.

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 13 (4,872 Views)
Teacher

Evandela wrote:

Its really not dishonest and you just said it yourself "unlimited everything DATA". That means you get access to the internet at ANYTIME without any extra charges. Unlimited speed was never included. After you hit a certain amount of GB on your plan, (3GB for 3G/4G or 5GB for LTE), your speeds will be slowed down until the next billing cycle. Every carrier does this.

Hopefully, it is the phone that's the issue and it's resolved with the new one, but there's no way around the throttling if that's whwt happened.

Evandela, my point is that I expect 4G LTE speeds on my device at all times.  If I wanted a device that was only capable of 3G speeds I would've stuck with an older phone.  The fact is that unlimited means something without limits.  You are saying that once you reach a certain amount of GBs on the device that an individual's speeds would be limited.  This limit in speed goes against saying a plan is unlimited and is in essence dishonest.  In fact it says that you may have the speeds but only if we say you can.  Maybe the name should be changed to AT&T Un-unlimited.  Unlimited plans were done away with by AT&T likely because the network could not support the amount of use that was occurring.  

This comment by the representative in my previous post illustrates this:

Jackson: You are on an unlimited data plan after you have used a certain amount of data your download speeds are slowed down to ensure there is enough for the rest of our customers who do not have unlimited data. You are still getting what you are paying for, but there is no way for me to remove that.

This is a limited data plan and by this I am not getting what I am paying for.  Also, by limiting me you are able to give others that are not on unlimited plans faster speeds which likely increases their usage and allows for the company to charge overrages which increases revenue.  It all about the $$$$.

Instead of investing in the technology to strengthen the network they have instead invested in cable services to take on a provider that is sadly outclassing AT&T (Xfinity).  AT&T is also being out classed by Verizon as they seem to be playing catchup with Verizon's innovative offers and superior network, if AT&T continues to ignore what is going on they will end up as Sprint did years ago.  Not picking up the Sony line of water resistant and scratch resistant smartphones was a mistake that I hope AT&T will fix in the future.

Message 10 of 13 (4,821 Views)
Expert

Miamimale33 wrote:

Evandela wrote:

Evandela, my point is that I expect 4G LTE speeds on my device at all times.  If I wanted a device that was only capable of 3G speeds I would've stuck with an older phone.  The fact is that unlimited means something without limits.  You are saying that once you reach a certain amount of GBs on the device that an individual's speeds would be limited.  This limit in speed goes against saying a plan is unlimited and is in essence dishonest.  In fact it says that you may have the speeds but only if we say you can.  Maybe the name should be changed to AT&T Un-unlimited.  Unlimited plans were done away with by AT&T likely because the network could not support the amount of use that was occurring.  

This comment by the representative in my previous post illustrates this:

This is a limited data plan and by this I am not getting what I am paying for.  Also, by limiting me you are able to give others that are not on unlimited plans faster speeds which likely increases their usage and allows for the company to charge overrages which increases revenue.  It all about the $$$$.

Instead of investing in the technology to strengthen the network they have instead invested in cable services to take on a provider that is sadly outclassing AT&T (Xfinity).  AT&T is also being out classed by Verizon as they seem to be playing catchup with Verizon's innovative offers and superior network, if AT&T continues to ignore what is going on they will end up as Sprint did years ago.  Not picking up the Sony line of water resistant and scratch resistant smartphones was a mistake that I hope AT&T will fix in the future.

Where exactly in the terms of service does it statesd unlimited speed? In fact in the terms of service it states that the carrier has the right to restrict those that have excessive usage. You still have unlimited data, just not at the rate you feel you are entitled to. ATT needs to go the route of verizon and sunset the discontinued plan. You do realize that samsung has the same type of device line that Sony has

Message 11 of 13 (4,806 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

I hope that you find these articles interesting

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/03/02/technology/some-wireless-carriers-revise-limits-for-the-unlimit...

Granted it is not 2013 or 14 but still relevant. 

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

I received my "new" phone yesterday and now I have seen my speed return.  As I expected though, they downgraded my android version to 4.2.2 instead of the 4.3 I had previously. This is a confirmation in my eyes that 4.3 is the culprit. 

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Message 12 of 13 (4,799 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Miamimale33 wrote:

I hope that you find these articles interesting

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/03/02/technology/some-wireless-carriers-revise-limits-for-the-unlimit...

Granted it is not 2013 or 14 but still relevant. 

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

I received my "new" phone yesterday and now I have seen my speed return.  As I expected though, they downgraded my android version to 4.2.2 instead of the 4.3 I had previously. This is a confirmation in my eyes that 4.3 is the culprit. 

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Until you exceed the LTE cap (5GB for lte) on unlimited data again for the billing cycle and the throttling kicks in. Actually any article that pre-dates 2013 is irrelevant, att discontinued the unlimited plan years ago, Verizon altered the grandfahter agreement for unlimited data a couple of years - you want to keep the discontinued unlimited plan then pay full retail for the phone, want a subsidized phone then get rid of unlimited plan and swith to a metered

By the way your link gives a 404 error

Message 13 of 13 (4,782 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.