Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 14, 2012
11:04:50 PM
View profile
4G LTE in and around Hagerstown MD?

hey im just wondering if there was any timeline on when we might get LTE, a friend of mine said that a CS rep told him we had LTE towers in our area but didnt know why we had no LTE service... verizon has had LTE here for over a year and its pretty bad but sprint turned their LTE on close to 2 months ago here... i would think AT&T wouldnt be to far behind

hey im just wondering if there was any timeline on when we might get LTE, a friend of mine said that a CS rep told him we had LTE towers in our area but didnt know why we had no LTE service... verizon has had LTE here for over a year and its pretty bad but sprint turned their LTE on close to 2 months ago here... i would think AT&T wouldnt be to far behind

4G LTE in and around Hagerstown MD?

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2012 6:56:16 AM
(0)
Scholar

Good question, when Hagerstown get's LTE so should Martinsburg. Verizons LTE network in our area in not verizons.. they call it "extended LTE service or 4G area. I believe their using U.S. Cellulars network.

Good question, when Hagerstown get's LTE so should Martinsburg. Verizons LTE network in our area in not verizons.. they call it "extended LTE service or 4G area. I believe their using U.S. Cellulars network.

I think there are giant mushrooms. That visit earth in intergalactic spaceships,spying on us.

Re: 4G LTE in and around Hagerstown MD?

2 of 19 (4,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2012 6:19:22 PM
(0)
Teacher

its verizons LTE.. atleast in hagerstown...  heck even sprint has LTE around here now.. i figured AT&T would have it in place by now

its verizons LTE.. atleast in hagerstown...  heck even sprint has LTE around here now.. i figured AT&T would have it in place by now

3 of 19 (4,065 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2013 4:39:39 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 1, 2013 at 5:00:57 PM

All area's in a roughly 35 mile radius of Hagerstown has LTE.... when will we get some of that LTE goodness, Verizon, Sprint(wow even sprint which isn't even in the top 2 providers....some underdog has it and we don't....), U.S. Cellular (even more of an underdog that Sprint - what are they like the 9th largest carrier, how does that make you feel), and TMobile all have it here.... what's going on..... well tmobile doesn't have lte but their HSPA+ network dwarf's ours which i don't understand becuase it's the same GSM technology why can they have 42Mbps and our is half that at best.... Honestly i haven't noticed much over 3G... the 42Mbps HSPA+ would be a much better fallback when LTE isn't available.  When will we have LTE here??? someone has to know there has to be some kind of plan, i'm certain that ATT isn't just randomly drawing cities out of a hat, or winging it.... there is a dense population of doctors, lawyers, and traveling persons here between Frederick MD and Chambersburg PA, yet just north, of Chambersburg, and just south/south-west of frederick has LTE... One or two towers in Hagerstown (the center between the two cities) would reach that span of 20-30 miles.... When Frederick MD got 3G, it reached Hagerstown, and that's over two mountains, up north to Chambersburg is flat... so if From Frederick md reached here, an LTE tower or two in hagerstown would reach at least to the first mountain and over flat farmland to chambersburg... Cmon ATT your loyal customers want the goodness that your competitor Verizon has had FOR TWO YEARS.... we ask why you are 2 years behind on rollout... that would worry me if i was a big company like that...if I had your 40MBps+ LTE speeds here, I would gladly spend tons of more money for your 20 GB plan.....but i can't give you all that money, becuase I'm paying verizon, your competitor, right now that extra $100 per month on a prepay USB card for my laptop because they have had LTE here for quite some time.

[word filter avoidance]

All area's in a roughly 35 mile radius of Hagerstown has LTE.... when will we get some of that LTE goodness, Verizon, Sprint(wow even sprint which isn't even in the top 2 providers....some underdog has it and we don't....), U.S. Cellular (even more of an underdog that Sprint - what are they like the 9th largest carrier, how does that make you feel), and TMobile all have it here.... what's going on..... well tmobile doesn't have lte but their HSPA+ network dwarf's ours which i don't understand becuase it's the same GSM technology why can they have 42Mbps and our is half that at best.... Honestly i haven't noticed much over 3G... the 42Mbps HSPA+ would be a much better fallback when LTE isn't available.  When will we have LTE here??? someone has to know there has to be some kind of plan, i'm certain that ATT isn't just randomly drawing cities out of a hat, or winging it.... there is a dense population of doctors, lawyers, and traveling persons here between Frederick MD and Chambersburg PA, yet just north, of Chambersburg, and just south/south-west of frederick has LTE... One or two towers in Hagerstown (the center between the two cities) would reach that span of 20-30 miles.... When Frederick MD got 3G, it reached Hagerstown, and that's over two mountains, up north to Chambersburg is flat... so if From Frederick md reached here, an LTE tower or two in hagerstown would reach at least to the first mountain and over flat farmland to chambersburg... Cmon ATT your loyal customers want the goodness that your competitor Verizon has had FOR TWO YEARS.... we ask why you are 2 years behind on rollout... that would worry me if i was a big company like that...if I had your 40MBps+ LTE speeds here, I would gladly spend tons of more money for your 20 GB plan.....but i can't give you all that money, becuase I'm paying verizon, your competitor, right now that extra $100 per month on a prepay USB card for my laptop because they have had LTE here for quite some time.

[word filter avoidance]

[ Edited ]
4 of 19 (3,695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2013 1:50:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

Frederick is the second largest city in Maryland and still doe not have AT&T LTE.  I believe it gets close to Urbana but no farther.  Would be nice to have it in Frederick.

Frederick is the second largest city in Maryland and still doe not have AT&T LTE.  I believe it gets close to Urbana but no farther.  Would be nice to have it in Frederick.

5 of 19 (3,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2013 1:10:03 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ripped_off on Apr 13, 2013 at 1:12:46 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   Very true COOMMEE OOOONNNN ATT...what the!!!!.....second largest city in MD and other cities get it first... WHY what is your plan here....give all the small, less dense cities lte.... seriously......

Althought, out there by crestwood blvd you can somtimes pickup an LTE signal for a few minutes... it's really spotty but anything south of there you'll pickup a decent 9mbps down... a few miles south (2 or 3 exits towards gaithersburg) i get a consistent 35MBps down and 15mbps up... usually around 40 down and 25 up..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   Very true COOMMEE OOOONNNN ATT...what the!!!!.....second largest city in MD and other cities get it first... WHY what is your plan here....give all the small, less dense cities lte.... seriously......

Althought, out there by crestwood blvd you can somtimes pickup an LTE signal for a few minutes... it's really spotty but anything south of there you'll pickup a decent 9mbps down... a few miles south (2 or 3 exits towards gaithersburg) i get a consistent 35MBps down and 15mbps up... usually around 40 down and 25 up..

[ Edited ]
6 of 19 (3,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 2:04:32 PM
(0)
Teacher

yea i dont get how theyre so slow on the rollout when everyone else has lte here..  only thing i can think is that they are taking their time to have a more stable / faster network

yea i dont get how theyre so slow on the rollout when everyone else has lte here..  only thing i can think is that they are taking their time to have a more stable / faster network

7 of 19 (2,645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 5:25:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

When I leave the D.C area around Frederick I lose all data connection...All the home, no matter what trouble shooting steps I perform it does not solve the issue.. very fustrating on my 1p5.

When I leave the D.C area around Frederick I lose all data connection...All the home, no matter what trouble shooting steps I perform it does not solve the issue.. very fustrating on my 1p5.

I think there are giant mushrooms. That visit earth in intergalactic spaceships,spying on us.

8 of 19 (2,512 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 2:49:50 PM
(0)
I just switched from VZW to AT&T mainly to get high speed data (3G is fine) in western MD. Have no problem with high speed data from DC to Frederick, to Hagerstown, to Hancock, to Cumberland, and down in Little Orleans, where VZW gets a frustratingly slow 1X while roaming on USCC.
I just switched from VZW to AT&T mainly to get high speed data (3G is fine) in western MD. Have no problem with high speed data from DC to Frederick, to Hagerstown, to Hancock, to Cumberland, and down in Little Orleans, where VZW gets a frustratingly slow 1X while roaming on USCC.

9 of 19 (2,413 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2013 10:39:25 AM
(0)
Mentor

And just like that, there is now LTE in Frederick, MD.  Thought I was imagining it the other day (US 15 and Hayward Rd).  Now there is LTE at my house.  Smiley Very Happy

And just like that, there is now LTE in Frederick, MD.  Thought I was imagining it the other day (US 15 and Hayward Rd).  Now there is LTE at my house.  Smiley Very Happy

10 of 19 (2,027 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2013 4:29:55 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by 4alex6 on Nov 2, 2013 at 4:30:47 PM

LTE antennas were just added to a few towers near I-68 in Western MD less than two miles from my house. I went from being on the EDGE network and having around 2-3 bars of cell reception to having LTE and full bars. Smiley Very Happy Thanks AT&T! 

LTE antennas were just added to a few towers near I-68 in Western MD less than two miles from my house. I went from being on the EDGE network and having around 2-3 bars of cell reception to having LTE and full bars. Smiley Very Happy Thanks AT&T! 

[ Edited ]
11 of 19 (1,997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 3:53:01 AM
(0)
Contributor

I thought maybe it was caused by the sunspots, but AT&T LTE appears to have finally arrived in Frederick.  3 bars LTE in Walkersville.  

I thought maybe it was caused by the sunspots, but AT&T LTE appears to have finally arrived in Frederick.  3 bars LTE in Walkersville.  

12 of 19 (1,977 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 12:22:58 PM
(0)
Tutor
There is now LTE in/around Hagerstown! Smiley Happy
There is now LTE in/around Hagerstown! Smiley Happy

13 of 19 (1,856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 11:09:09 AM
(0)
Scholar

yep, let's bring it to martinsburg..

yep, let's bring it to martinsburg..

14 of 19 (1,787 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 12:56:24 PM
(0)

Read recently where AT&T fired up LTE in Cumberland, MD, and a friend verified it for me.  Then I was at our campsite in Little Orleans, MD on Friday (11/15/13) and my phone showed LTE coverage.  I am absolutely sure last month it was AT&T's "4G" and not the LTE.  (That's why we switched from VZW to AT&T, b/c as a VZW customer roaming on USCC in Little Orleans, we could only get 1X data, so "4G" was a definite improvement).

Read recently where AT&T fired up LTE in Cumberland, MD, and a friend verified it for me.  Then I was at our campsite in Little Orleans, MD on Friday (11/15/13) and my phone showed LTE coverage.  I am absolutely sure last month it was AT&T's "4G" and not the LTE.  (That's why we switched from VZW to AT&T, b/c as a VZW customer roaming on USCC in Little Orleans, we could only get 1X data, so "4G" was a definite improvement).

15 of 19 (1,658 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 12:22:59 PM
(0)
Scholar

LTE on and off in Martinsburg... coming soon I think.

LTE on and off in Martinsburg... coming soon I think.

16 of 19 (1,470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 4:48:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

There is LTE in Shepherdstown, WV now, I got it from about Duke St., all the way to the intersection at Old Rt.9 and Shenandoah Junction Rd. by TA Lowery. Hopefully AT&T is deploying LTE across Jefferson County.

There is LTE in Shepherdstown, WV now, I got it from about Duke St., all the way to the intersection at Old Rt.9 and Shenandoah Junction Rd. by TA Lowery. Hopefully AT&T is deploying LTE across Jefferson County.

17 of 19 (1,183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 4:46:32 AM
(0)
Contributor

It looks like 4G LTE just arrived in Chambersburg within the last week as well...5 full bars!

It looks like 4G LTE just arrived in Chambersburg within the last week as well...5 full bars!

18 of 19 (1,152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 7:53:14 AM
(0)
Contributor
Martinsburg is completely lit up with LTE as well now.
http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/724884463.png
Martinsburg is completely lit up with LTE as well now.
http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/724884463.png

19 of 19 (1,143 Views)