Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 27, 2013
12:43:46 PM
View profile
3G Microcell stopped working (maybe Insight/Time Warner recent merger in Kentucky)

I have had my Microcell for several months and it worked great.  A couple weeks ago it stopped working.  I have spent the better part of the last few days trying to fix and I need help.

Setup: Motorola SBG6580

Carrier: Time Warner Cable (TWC recently converted from Insight to TWC in Louisville)

Here is what I have done:

•Registered and reregistered

•AT&T sent me a replacement Microcell (for free thank you)

•Tested the new one with same issue (all steps but 4 activation seem to happen all lights ok minus blink bars)

• Called AT&T they helped but no fix.  They said that port 4500 is blocked

• I called Time Warner and they were no help and said the connection is what it is and cannot change it nor are they blocking ports.  If they were blocking they could not revert.

• Change the modem to bridging mode and removed NAT and only had the 3G behind (no good)

• Bought new CAble Modem (bare bones not FW, NAT or Routing) still unable to activate.

• Took the 3G to my old hous in Louisville (3 miles away) connected to TWC at that location and registered.  Still same issue of not activating.

This is driving me crazy Smiley Happy  I have been a loyal AT&T customer for years and dont want to stop service becasue of no coverage.  Can anyone help here?

I have had my Microcell for several months and it worked great.  A couple weeks ago it stopped working.  I have spent the better part of the last few days trying to fix and I need help.

Setup: Motorola SBG6580

Carrier: Time Warner Cable (TWC recently converted from Insight to TWC in Louisville)

Here is what I have done:

•Registered and reregistered

•AT&T sent me a replacement Microcell (for free thank you)

•Tested the new one with same issue (all steps but 4 activation seem to happen all lights ok minus blink bars)

• Called AT&T they helped but no fix.  They said that port 4500 is blocked

• I called Time Warner and they were no help and said the connection is what it is and cannot change it nor are they blocking ports.  If they were blocking they could not revert.

• Change the modem to bridging mode and removed NAT and only had the 3G behind (no good)

• Bought new CAble Modem (bare bones not FW, NAT or Routing) still unable to activate.

• Took the 3G to my old hous in Louisville (3 miles away) connected to TWC at that location and registered.  Still same issue of not activating.

This is driving me crazy Smiley Happy  I have been a loyal AT&T customer for years and dont want to stop service becasue of no coverage.  Can anyone help here?

3G Microcell stopped working (maybe Insight/Time Warner recent merger in Kentucky)

120 replies
(4) Me too
(4) Me too
View all replies
(120)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 1:37:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Port 4500 has to be open for the MicroCell to work correctly (see the link in my sig to the Guide). This is a requirement for AT&T's VOIP service. Most, but not all, ISPs do not block port 4500. I have seen TWC issues like this before. AT&T can not open the port so if TWC is positive that they aren't blocking any ports, then it could be an upstream switch issue in which TWC will have to investigate it. You might want to call AT&T support back and ask them to check to see if you can get to port 4500. If you can't, then that's two separate support calls to AT&T with the same results. That points back to the ISP.

I'd try a Priority Connection which is connecting the MicroCell directly to the gateway. That by-passes the router takes router issues out of the equation.

Did your problems start once you switched from Insight to TWC? I imagine that you didn't make any big changes other than basic routing information.

You might want to try a hard reset (holding in the reset button on the back of the MicroCell for about 30 seconds). That completely resets the memory and registers in the MicroCell and maybe something got messed up when you switched ISPs. The MicroCell will go thru the complete Initialization process and that may be all that is needed.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Port 4500 has to be open for the MicroCell to work correctly (see the link in my sig to the Guide). This is a requirement for AT&T's VOIP service. Most, but not all, ISPs do not block port 4500. I have seen TWC issues like this before. AT&T can not open the port so if TWC is positive that they aren't blocking any ports, then it could be an upstream switch issue in which TWC will have to investigate it. You might want to call AT&T support back and ask them to check to see if you can get to port 4500. If you can't, then that's two separate support calls to AT&T with the same results. That points back to the ISP.

I'd try a Priority Connection which is connecting the MicroCell directly to the gateway. That by-passes the router takes router issues out of the equation.

Did your problems start once you switched from Insight to TWC? I imagine that you didn't make any big changes other than basic routing information.

You might want to try a hard reset (holding in the reset button on the back of the MicroCell for about 30 seconds). That completely resets the memory and registers in the MicroCell and maybe something got messed up when you switched ISPs. The MicroCell will go thru the complete Initialization process and that may be all that is needed.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 3G Microcell stopped working (maybe Insight/Time Warner recent merger in Kentucky)

2 of 121 (5,463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 7:36:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

I work in IT and tried for hours to get this resolved for my wife's aunt and uncle. Went thru the same exact troubleshooting steps. They are located in Prospect, KY. I was using an IPSEC based VPN since I arrived in KY earlier this week with no issues. Even with the Microcell attached directly to the cable modem I cannot get the 3G light to go solid. ATT was nice enough to send a replacement to us also however still in the same place. It is hard to believe that something is blocked on the TW / Insight network however there is nothing else we can really do. They have a ARRIS TM602G modem which is nothing fancy. They have zero cell service without the Microcell so I was really hoping to fix this for them. Glad that we are not the only one in this boat. I guess we need to put more pressure on tier 2 at Insight to see if we can get them to escalate the problem further.

I work in IT and tried for hours to get this resolved for my wife's aunt and uncle. Went thru the same exact troubleshooting steps. They are located in Prospect, KY. I was using an IPSEC based VPN since I arrived in KY earlier this week with no issues. Even with the Microcell attached directly to the cable modem I cannot get the 3G light to go solid. ATT was nice enough to send a replacement to us also however still in the same place. It is hard to believe that something is blocked on the TW / Insight network however there is nothing else we can really do. They have a ARRIS TM602G modem which is nothing fancy. They have zero cell service without the Microcell so I was really hoping to fix this for them. Glad that we are not the only one in this boat. I guess we need to put more pressure on tier 2 at Insight to see if we can get them to escalate the problem further.

Re: 3G Microcell stopped working (maybe Insight/Time Warner recent merger in Kentucky)

3 of 121 (5,437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 9:37:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yeah, this is sounding more and more like a TWC/Insight issue, especially if there is a blocked port 4500 somewhere. Not much AT&T can do.

Yeah, this is sounding more and more like a TWC/Insight issue, especially if there is a blocked port 4500 somewhere. Not much AT&T can do.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 121 (5,419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2013 7:49:15 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah one of the more bizzare issue that I have seen lately. If you turn on the loggin on the firewall and plug the microcell into it you can see the outbound connections via IPSEC to ATT servers. Port 4500 is definetly open to the outside because I am using it to build a VPN back to our office in NJ. I completed a trace route to the ATT server that the microcell is using and there does not seem to be any issues there. Too bad there is no way to get verbose logging from the Microcell on the consumer side.

Yeah one of the more bizzare issue that I have seen lately. If you turn on the loggin on the firewall and plug the microcell into it you can see the outbound connections via IPSEC to ATT servers. Port 4500 is definetly open to the outside because I am using it to build a VPN back to our office in NJ. I completed a trace route to the ATT server that the microcell is using and there does not seem to be any issues there. Too bad there is no way to get verbose logging from the Microcell on the consumer side.

5 of 121 (5,387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2013 9:08:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by OttoPylot on Nov 28, 2013 at 9:09:31 AM

Hmmm, sounds like something along the way is interfering with the communication. Your IT skills are a few pay grades above mine Smiley Wink so I don't know how much help I can be on this. Have you read thru the Guide? Maybe there's something in there that will give you an idea of where to go given your background.

This is the second instance with TWC/InSight in the Ky area so maybe it's just a glitch in their system somewhere that will work itself out?

Hmmm, sounds like something along the way is interfering with the communication. Your IT skills are a few pay grades above mine Smiley Wink so I don't know how much help I can be on this. Have you read thru the Guide? Maybe there's something in there that will give you an idea of where to go given your background.

This is the second instance with TWC/InSight in the Ky area so maybe it's just a glitch in their system somewhere that will work itself out?

[ Edited ]
6 of 121 (5,381 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2013 10:14:51 AM
(0)
Tutor

Your guide is about as comprehensive as it gets. Smiley Happy Read that over a couple of times. Guess we can call Insight today / tomorrow and put more pressure on them. Going to be a bit of a losing battle. 

Your guide is about as comprehensive as it gets. Smiley Happy Read that over a couple of times. Guess we can call Insight today / tomorrow and put more pressure on them. Going to be a bit of a losing battle. 

7 of 121 (5,377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2013 10:56:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It seems that AT&T could look into their VOIP (MicroCell) service and see if there is anything that needs to be updated/reconfigured to make it a little more compatible with the apparent ever changing ISP world but I guess that's more difficult than it sounds. I do try to update the Guide when I can but the next update will probably just have some info relating to U-verse (types of service and recommended gateways). Let us know what happens. It might be useful to others. Good luck.

It seems that AT&T could look into their VOIP (MicroCell) service and see if there is anything that needs to be updated/reconfigured to make it a little more compatible with the apparent ever changing ISP world but I guess that's more difficult than it sounds. I do try to update the Guide when I can but the next update will probably just have some info relating to U-verse (types of service and recommended gateways). Let us know what happens. It might be useful to others. Good luck.

8 of 121 (5,373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 5:59:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

Living in Oldham County here.....My microcell stopped working last week as well.  I've received a replacement from AT&T, have tried priority connection, talked with AT&T support several times, and talked to TWC at least 3 times.   No one is able to give a good explanation of why the microcell is not working.  To me, it seems like TWC made a change.    The guy on AT&T said he has received several calls about TWC.    We're at wits end here with no one to talk to about how to fix this......

Living in Oldham County here.....My microcell stopped working last week as well.  I've received a replacement from AT&T, have tried priority connection, talked with AT&T support several times, and talked to TWC at least 3 times.   No one is able to give a good explanation of why the microcell is not working.  To me, it seems like TWC made a change.    The guy on AT&T said he has received several calls about TWC.    We're at wits end here with no one to talk to about how to fix this......

9 of 121 (5,341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 9:12:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Is Oldham County in KY? If it is, it sounds like a failed, or failing switch on the TWC side that is causing difficulties in your area. It's possible that there could be some kind of MicroCell Service Area outage (as it seems to be localized to the KY area) but it's hard to determine that with so little information. If the three posters above in KY can post their counties, I'll send that info to the Admins on Monday and see if they can determine if it's TWC or AT&T. My feeling is that it's TWC because it appears that they recently made some sort of change (merger?). However if it is TWC, there's nothing that AT&T can do so TWC will have to step up to the plate and check their backend to see what's going on. In the meantime, send a support request to CustomerCare (link in my sig) detailing your problem, what you've done, what TWC/InSight has done, your account information and most importantly, your location.

Is Oldham County in KY? If it is, it sounds like a failed, or failing switch on the TWC side that is causing difficulties in your area. It's possible that there could be some kind of MicroCell Service Area outage (as it seems to be localized to the KY area) but it's hard to determine that with so little information. If the three posters above in KY can post their counties, I'll send that info to the Admins on Monday and see if they can determine if it's TWC or AT&T. My feeling is that it's TWC because it appears that they recently made some sort of change (merger?). However if it is TWC, there's nothing that AT&T can do so TWC will have to step up to the plate and check their backend to see what's going on. In the meantime, send a support request to CustomerCare (link in my sig) detailing your problem, what you've done, what TWC/InSight has done, your account information and most importantly, your location.

10 of 121 (5,334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 9:30:08 AM
(0)
Tutor
Yes all three people posting are within 10 miles of each other. I have also tested at other twc sites and have the same result. If this does not get fixes I will have to change wireless providers as only twc come to my house.

I have replaces modems, tested at multiple twc locations and tried multiple microcells.

I am in prospect kentucky
Yes all three people posting are within 10 miles of each other. I have also tested at other twc sites and have the same result. If this does not get fixes I will have to change wireless providers as only twc come to my house.

I have replaces modems, tested at multiple twc locations and tried multiple microcells.

I am in prospect kentucky

11 of 121 (5,330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 9:58:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

This is sounding more and more like TWC/InSight has screwed the pooch on whatever they did for the merger. Still, send your information to CustomerCare so the documentation process can start. All calls are documented but it never hurts to have that "paper trail". I'll send an email to the Admins on Monday as well to followup. No guarantees that it will resolve the issue but you never know.

This is sounding more and more like TWC/InSight has screwed the pooch on whatever they did for the merger. Still, send your information to CustomerCare so the documentation process can start. All calls are documented but it never hurts to have that "paper trail". I'll send an email to the Admins on Monday as well to followup. No guarantees that it will resolve the issue but you never know.

12 of 121 (5,319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 4:45:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well I am back in NJ now however I gave my wife's uncle the thread info on this. BTW while we were there our Verizon microcell worked without issue. That is what baffles me the most about this. Hopefully someone can get to tier 2-3 at TWC and have them dig deeper. 

Well I am back in NJ now however I gave my wife's uncle the thread info on this. BTW while we were there our Verizon microcell worked without issue. That is what baffles me the most about this. Hopefully someone can get to tier 2-3 at TWC and have them dig deeper. 

13 of 121 (5,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 5:20:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
VZ has a different technology which may be more compatible with whatever TWC did.

VZ has a different technology which may be more compatible with whatever TWC did.

14 of 121 (5,287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 8:59:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

Here's another Oldham County resident experiencing the same problem. My m-cell stopped working on 11/17 after about 8 months of mediocre service (I have to cycle power to the thing at least once a week). Anyway, I went through a number of procedures at the request of AT&T service. Wiring confuration change where the m-cell is connected directly to the cable modem, shutting off the modem, router, and m-cell that starting them up in that order, deleting then re-connecting the m-cell to my at&t account, called TWC and verified that the necessary ports were opened, check my network speed, exchanged the m-cell (twice), and checked the configuration of my router.

By the way, I'm in Ballardsville.

Here's another Oldham County resident experiencing the same problem. My m-cell stopped working on 11/17 after about 8 months of mediocre service (I have to cycle power to the thing at least once a week). Anyway, I went through a number of procedures at the request of AT&T service. Wiring confuration change where the m-cell is connected directly to the cable modem, shutting off the modem, router, and m-cell that starting them up in that order, deleting then re-connecting the m-cell to my at&t account, called TWC and verified that the necessary ports were opened, check my network speed, exchanged the m-cell (twice), and checked the configuration of my router.

By the way, I'm in Ballardsville.

15 of 121 (5,174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 9:06:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

This definitely sounds like a TWC/InSight issue affecting your areas. Please send your issues to CustomerCare (link in my sig) with what you have done so far to correct it, your account info, and location. However, if it is network issue on the TWC side with VOIP, there's little AT&T can do to force TWC. They will have to work together.

This definitely sounds like a TWC/InSight issue affecting your areas. Please send your issues to CustomerCare (link in my sig) with what you have done so far to correct it, your account info, and location. However, if it is network issue on the TWC side with VOIP, there's little AT&T can do to force TWC. They will have to work together.

16 of 121 (5,167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 10:23:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I have notified the Admins, with your usernames as requested by them, so hopefully somebody from Support will be reaching out to everyone in KY who is experiencing issues since the TWC/InSight merger or what ever it was. Hopefully they can get it fixed.

I have notified the Admins, with your usernames as requested by them, so hopefully somebody from Support will be reaching out to everyone in KY who is experiencing issues since the TWC/InSight merger or what ever it was. Hopefully they can get it fixed.

17 of 121 (5,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 11:54:13 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Dec 2, 2013 at 11:54:46 AM

Hello, @Steveclank and @microcellhel !

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your microcell recently. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further.

In your message, provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, @Steveclank and @microcellhel !

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your microcell recently. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further.

In your message, provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
18 of 121 (5,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 12:06:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Thanks Mariana!

Thanks Mariana!

19 of 121 (5,134 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 12:46:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am also an IT Professional.   I am having the same issue with TWC and Microcell.  I am located in LaGrange, KY which is 10 miles or so from Prospect.  I have tried everything the orginal post said including a new Microcell (Except I had to purchase mine since my old one was out of warranty).  TWC cable needs a call from AT&T to explain the issue and get this resolved.

James

I am also an IT Professional.   I am having the same issue with TWC and Microcell.  I am located in LaGrange, KY which is 10 miles or so from Prospect.  I have tried everything the orginal post said including a new Microcell (Except I had to purchase mine since my old one was out of warranty).  TWC cable needs a call from AT&T to explain the issue and get this resolved.

James

20 of 121 (5,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 12:53:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

I also forgot to post that my Father lives next door and also has TWC and Microcell.   His quit working the same time/day mine did.  It is clearly an issue in the TWC network.

I also forgot to post that my Father lives next door and also has TWC and Microcell.   His quit working the same time/day mine did.  It is clearly an issue in the TWC network.

21 of 121 (5,125 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 1:09:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I have managed to get this escalated within AT&T so hopefully TWC will play nice with AT&T. In the meantime, being as this is your first post about this, send a PM to CustomerCare as Mariana indicated above (see link in my sig) so they can get you documented. The more documentation AT&T has, the better. Calls to support do get documented but the CustomerCare link is a little more direct and higher up.

I have managed to get this escalated within AT&T so hopefully TWC will play nice with AT&T. In the meantime, being as this is your first post about this, send a PM to CustomerCare as Mariana indicated above (see link in my sig) so they can get you documented. The more documentation AT&T has, the better. Calls to support do get documented but the CustomerCare link is a little more direct and higher up.

22 of 121 (5,121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 1:48:26 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks. I have posted a PM.
Thanks. I have posted a PM.

23 of 121 (5,107 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 2:46:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Good. They should be reaching out to you now that they are aware of the reported issues. And, to be the devil's advocate here, it could be a MicorCell Service Area problem that has nothing to do with TWC directly. That's why it's important to include your location in every PM to CustomerCare. However, my feeling is that it has something to do with the TWC/InSight merger. Most IPSs are very reluctant to honestly discuss VOIP issues especially if you're not using their service or equipment.

Good. They should be reaching out to you now that they are aware of the reported issues. And, to be the devil's advocate here, it could be a MicorCell Service Area problem that has nothing to do with TWC directly. That's why it's important to include your location in every PM to CustomerCare. However, my feeling is that it has something to do with the TWC/InSight merger. Most IPSs are very reluctant to honestly discuss VOIP issues especially if you're not using their service or equipment.

24 of 121 (5,106 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 5:22:39 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Dec 2, 2013 at 9:25:53 PM

I work out of my house and have awful home cell coverage issues since 11/2012   I can no longer continue with AT&T as my customers complain they can’t hear me and I’m dropping in and out (from anywhere in my house with only 1 bar).  I’ve literally spent months, not days, trying to get my home cell phone service to work and now being told by AT&T there’s nothing they can do!!!

I’ve been working with David in Urgent Care (ICU) since 8/8/2013.  He sent me my 4th microcell on 11/27.  Same error message Port 4500 not open regardless if microcell is attached directly to modem and then to computer NOT using port!!   I’ve had conference calls between TWC, AT&T and Netgear.  I’ve had 2 different Time Warner Cable managers to my house and they replaced modem.  I even got Netgear to send me another router and charged me $80, of which I have yet to be reimbursed, nor for my months of research on this.  I’ve spoken to many AT&T managers; Evelyn King, Ben Kringetta and Barbara.  Barbara  wrote a “Network quality ticket” today as did Brian on 11/23.  I’m not holding my breath.  Why do the local towers have poor coverage or change their antennas?

Again today,12/3/2013, I had TWC manager come to my house and spoke with Barbara for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  They concluded neither one can do anything and technology isn’t compatible.  They are basically all telling me that most people in my area have microcell’s and guessing they are NOT AT&T and there’s nothing more that can be done.  I do know both neighbors had AT&T battling same issues and have since switched service!! You must be losing hundreds/thousands of customers.

I plan on writing in my neighborhood newsletter to see how many customers have AT&T and have issues along with calling our local news channels and newspapers.  I only know that I had great home coverage until 11/2012.  

Chris is VP and GM of the Tennessee, Kentucky and Southern Indiana areas.  Call ATT headquarters for contact info.

[edited for privacy]

I work out of my house and have awful home cell coverage issues since 11/2012   I can no longer continue with AT&T as my customers complain they can’t hear me and I’m dropping in and out (from anywhere in my house with only 1 bar).  I’ve literally spent months, not days, trying to get my home cell phone service to work and now being told by AT&T there’s nothing they can do!!!

I’ve been working with David in Urgent Care (ICU) since 8/8/2013.  He sent me my 4th microcell on 11/27.  Same error message Port 4500 not open regardless if microcell is attached directly to modem and then to computer NOT using port!!   I’ve had conference calls between TWC, AT&T and Netgear.  I’ve had 2 different Time Warner Cable managers to my house and they replaced modem.  I even got Netgear to send me another router and charged me $80, of which I have yet to be reimbursed, nor for my months of research on this.  I’ve spoken to many AT&T managers; Evelyn King, Ben Kringetta and Barbara.  Barbara  wrote a “Network quality ticket” today as did Brian on 11/23.  I’m not holding my breath.  Why do the local towers have poor coverage or change their antennas?

Again today,12/3/2013, I had TWC manager come to my house and spoke with Barbara for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  They concluded neither one can do anything and technology isn’t compatible.  They are basically all telling me that most people in my area have microcell’s and guessing they are NOT AT&T and there’s nothing more that can be done.  I do know both neighbors had AT&T battling same issues and have since switched service!! You must be losing hundreds/thousands of customers.

I plan on writing in my neighborhood newsletter to see how many customers have AT&T and have issues along with calling our local news channels and newspapers.  I only know that I had great home coverage until 11/2012.  

Chris is VP and GM of the Tennessee, Kentucky and Southern Indiana areas.  Call ATT headquarters for contact info.

[edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
25 of 121 (5,090 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 5:28:22 PM
(0)
Teacher
ATT has confirmed their Microcell is not compatible with Time Warner Cable. They don't use assymetric service- doesn't give "priority" on their residential TWC servers. Everyone needs to complain to both companies!!
ATT has confirmed their Microcell is not compatible with Time Warner Cable. They don't use assymetric service- doesn't give "priority" on their residential TWC servers. Everyone needs to complain to both companies!!

26 of 121 (5,088 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 5:30:20 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Dec 2, 2013 at 9:27:11 PM

[Duplicate content removed]

[Duplicate content removed]

[ Edited ]
27 of 121 (5,089 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 6:31:49 PM
(0)
Voyager

I live outside Prospect KY, and my Microcell stopped working just as you described. Bought a new router/modem today. Still not working. Tier 3 tech guy supposed to call me tomorrow. I'll send him a link to this thread.

I live outside Prospect KY, and my Microcell stopped working just as you described. Bought a new router/modem today. Still not working. Tier 3 tech guy supposed to call me tomorrow. I'll send him a link to this thread.

28 of 121 (5,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 6:42:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by OttoPylot on Dec 2, 2013 at 6:55:13 PM

gress007 wrote:

Send a PM to CustomerCare (see link in my sig) with your issue, what you have done, your account info, and location. AT&T is aware of the TWC/InSight issues and is working on it now. Sending a PM not only documents your issue, even tho calling phone support documents it as well, but CustomerCare is a level or so above phone support and a little more direct.

I've copy and pasted your message and sent it to the Admins along with your username. I've done this for a few of the KY posters who are experiencing TWC issues so hopefully you'll hear from someone soon. Phone support rarely views the forum so PM'ing CustomerCare is the best approach.

gress007 wrote:

Send a PM to CustomerCare (see link in my sig) with your issue, what you have done, your account info, and location. AT&T is aware of the TWC/InSight issues and is working on it now. Sending a PM not only documents your issue, even tho calling phone support documents it as well, but CustomerCare is a level or so above phone support and a little more direct.

I've copy and pasted your message and sent it to the Admins along with your username. I've done this for a few of the KY posters who are experiencing TWC issues so hopefully you'll hear from someone soon. Phone support rarely views the forum so PM'ing CustomerCare is the best approach.

[ Edited ]
30 of 121 (5,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 6:37:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by OttoPylot on Dec 2, 2013 at 6:38:13 PM

@ ritzput -You posted the same thing multiple times but you're frustrated so I understand. What I don't understand is the statement that the "MicroCell is not compatible with TWC service". I find that hard to believe so let me see what I can find out on my end. If this is a port 4500 issue, then that's TWCs issue and not AT&T's. Most, if not all, ISPs don't block that port so TWC is doing something out of the ordinary. AT&T can't force TWC to open their ports (if that's really the issue) so why TWC chooses to do this is known only to them.

@ ritzput -You posted the same thing multiple times but you're frustrated so I understand. What I don't understand is the statement that the "MicroCell is not compatible with TWC service". I find that hard to believe so let me see what I can find out on my end. If this is a port 4500 issue, then that's TWCs issue and not AT&T's. Most, if not all, ISPs don't block that port so TWC is doing something out of the ordinary. AT&T can't force TWC to open their ports (if that's really the issue) so why TWC chooses to do this is known only to them.

[ Edited ]
29 of 121 (5,074 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments