3G Microcell stopped working (maybe Insight/Time Warner recent merger in Kentucky)

Tutor

3G Microcell stopped working (maybe Insight/Time Warner recent merger in Kentucky)

I have had my Microcell for several months and it worked great.  A couple weeks ago it stopped working.  I have spent the better part of the last few days trying to fix and I need help.

Setup: Motorola SBG6580

Carrier: Time Warner Cable (TWC recently converted from Insight to TWC in Louisville)

Here is what I have done:

•Registered and reregistered

•AT&T sent me a replacement Microcell (for free thank you)

•Tested the new one with same issue (all steps but 4 activation seem to happen all lights ok minus blink bars)

• Called AT&T they helped but no fix.  They said that port 4500 is blocked

• I called Time Warner and they were no help and said the connection is what it is and cannot change it nor are they blocking ports.  If they were blocking they could not revert.

• Change the modem to bridging mode and removed NAT and only had the 3G behind (no good)

• Bought new CAble Modem (bare bones not FW, NAT or Routing) still unable to activate.

• Took the 3G to my old hous in Louisville (3 miles away) connected to TWC at that location and registered.  Still same issue of not activating.

This is driving me crazy Smiley Happy  I have been a loyal AT&T customer for years and dont want to stop service becasue of no coverage.  Can anyone help here?

Message 1 of 121 (7,693 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: 3G Microcell stopped working (maybe Insight/Time Warner recent merger in Kentucky)

This definitely sounds like a TWC/InSight issue affecting your areas. Please send your issues to CustomerCare (link in my sig) with what you have done so far to correct it, your account info, and location. However, if it is network issue on the TWC side with VOIP, there's little AT&T can do to force TWC. They will have to work together.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 121 (5,728 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: 3G Microcell stopped working (maybe Insight/Time Warner recent merger in Kentucky)

I have notified the Admins, with your usernames as requested by them, so hopefully somebody from Support will be reaching out to everyone in KY who is experiencing issues since the TWC/InSight merger or what ever it was. Hopefully they can get it fixed.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 121 (5,719 Views)
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hello, @Steveclank and @microcellhel !

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your microcell recently. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further.

In your message, provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 121 (5,699 Views)
ACE - Master

Thanks Mariana!

Message 19 of 121 (5,695 Views)

I am also an IT Professional.   I am having the same issue with TWC and Microcell.  I am located in LaGrange, KY which is 10 miles or so from Prospect.  I have tried everything the orginal post said including a new Microcell (Except I had to purchase mine since my old one was out of warranty).  TWC cable needs a call from AT&T to explain the issue and get this resolved.

James

Message 20 of 121 (5,687 Views)

I also forgot to post that my Father lives next door and also has TWC and Microcell.   His quit working the same time/day mine did.  It is clearly an issue in the TWC network.

Message 21 of 121 (5,686 Views)
ACE - Master

I have managed to get this escalated within AT&T so hopefully TWC will play nice with AT&T. In the meantime, being as this is your first post about this, send a PM to CustomerCare as Mariana indicated above (see link in my sig) so they can get you documented. The more documentation AT&T has, the better. Calls to support do get documented but the CustomerCare link is a little more direct and higher up.

Message 22 of 121 (5,682 Views)
Highlighted

Thanks. I have posted a PM.
Message 23 of 121 (5,668 Views)
ACE - Master

Good. They should be reaching out to you now that they are aware of the reported issues. And, to be the devil's advocate here, it could be a MicorCell Service Area problem that has nothing to do with TWC directly. That's why it's important to include your location in every PM to CustomerCare. However, my feeling is that it has something to do with the TWC/InSight merger. Most IPSs are very reluctant to honestly discuss VOIP issues especially if you're not using their service or equipment.

Message 24 of 121 (5,667 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

I work out of my house and have awful home cell coverage issues since 11/2012   I can no longer continue with AT&T as my customers complain they can’t hear me and I’m dropping in and out (from anywhere in my house with only 1 bar).  I’ve literally spent months, not days, trying to get my home cell phone service to work and now being told by AT&T there’s nothing they can do!!!

I’ve been working with David in Urgent Care (ICU) since 8/8/2013.  He sent me my 4th microcell on 11/27.  Same error message Port 4500 not open regardless if microcell is attached directly to modem and then to computer NOT using port!!   I’ve had conference calls between TWC, AT&T and Netgear.  I’ve had 2 different Time Warner Cable managers to my house and they replaced modem.  I even got Netgear to send me another router and charged me $80, of which I have yet to be reimbursed, nor for my months of research on this.  I’ve spoken to many AT&T managers; Evelyn King, Ben Kringetta and Barbara.  Barbara  wrote a “Network quality ticket” today as did Brian on 11/23.  I’m not holding my breath.  Why do the local towers have poor coverage or change their antennas?

Again today,12/3/2013, I had TWC manager come to my house and spoke with Barbara for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  They concluded neither one can do anything and technology isn’t compatible.  They are basically all telling me that most people in my area have microcell’s and guessing they are NOT AT&T and there’s nothing more that can be done.  I do know both neighbors had AT&T battling same issues and have since switched service!! You must be losing hundreds/thousands of customers.

I plan on writing in my neighborhood newsletter to see how many customers have AT&T and have issues along with calling our local news channels and newspapers.  I only know that I had great home coverage until 11/2012.  

Chris is VP and GM of the Tennessee, Kentucky and Southern Indiana areas.  Call ATT headquarters for contact info.

[edited for privacy]

Message 25 of 121 (5,651 Views)
Teacher

ATT has confirmed their Microcell is not compatible with Time Warner Cable. They don't use assymetric service- doesn't give "priority" on their residential TWC servers. Everyone needs to complain to both companies!!
Message 26 of 121 (5,649 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

[Duplicate content removed]

Message 27 of 121 (5,650 Views)
Voyager

I live outside Prospect KY, and my Microcell stopped working just as you described. Bought a new router/modem today. Still not working. Tier 3 tech guy supposed to call me tomorrow. I'll send him a link to this thread.

Message 28 of 121 (5,634 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

gress007 wrote:

I live outside Prospect KY, and my Microcell stopped working just as you described. Bought a new router/modem today. Still not working. Tier 3 tech guy supposed to call me tomorrow. I'll send him a link to this thread.

Send a PM to CustomerCare (see link in my sig) with your issue, what you have done, your account info, and location. AT&T is aware of the TWC/InSight issues and is working on it now. Sending a PM not only documents your issue, even tho calling phone support documents it as well, but CustomerCare is a level or so above phone support and a little more direct.

I've copy and pasted your message and sent it to the Admins along with your username. I've done this for a few of the KY posters who are experiencing TWC issues so hopefully you'll hear from someone soon. Phone support rarely views the forum so PM'ing CustomerCare is the best approach.

Message 30 of 121 (5,629 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

@ ritzput -You posted the same thing multiple times but you're frustrated so I understand. What I don't understand is the statement that the "MicroCell is not compatible with TWC service". I find that hard to believe so let me see what I can find out on my end. If this is a port 4500 issue, then that's TWCs issue and not AT&T's. Most, if not all, ISPs don't block that port so TWC is doing something out of the ordinary. AT&T can't force TWC to open their ports (if that's really the issue) so why TWC chooses to do this is known only to them.

Message 29 of 121 (5,635 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.