Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 31, 2013
2:50:47 PM
3G ALMOST 4G NETWORK
Edited by Phil-101 on Jul 31, 2013 at 7:18:23 PM

i feel your pain.  I have been nearly 8 months trying to get an answer as to why the netbook I purchased as an upgrade option did not perform as advertised.  It never showed to get 4g service.  I couldnt ever get a call back as promised, nobody had an answer, just about everything you went thru and I finally found out the reason is the machine was built with a 3G modem only!  AT&T didnt tell me this, Acer did.  I have been chastised about not voicing concerns in the initial 30 day period and waiting nearly 6 months ( come to find out you cannot trust the CSR you speak with on the phone.  The 2 of you will discuss one thing and they type in somehting totally different in the account history notes-if they type anything!)  I have been assured I am talking to the ONE person with AT&T that can get this machine fixed or replaced with an actual 4g product, and when they find out they cannot  figure out how to do it, they never call back!  It has wrecked my little online business I had from staying on the phone with them so much or not being able to connect to the internet to conduct business.  It has wrecked my health...I spent 10 hours on the phone one night being brought to tears from rude people, having to repeat the whole story over and over, sat there with no food or drink or restroom break for fear of losing the connection and the call geting dropped.  I was in the Animal hospital one day last month with my dying pet of 10 years to have a smart mouthed, chastising young fool call me and want to insist I get online to trouble shoot the device and then when I couldnt, he was going to transfer me to someone else and cut me off.  It has been 55 days ago and nobody has tried to call me back until earlier this week and I got a big hype about  how "TECHNICALLY"my speeds are "COMPARABLE" TO 4G speeds on the 4G which is "3G ALMOST 4G NETWORK"or "THE IN BETWEEN NETWORK".  Its crazy.  The netbook was labeled and all the printed and online info lists it as a 4G device, but it isnt and nobody will do anything about it.  I am expected to believe that  this product was sold to the masses and everyone is sitting around with a 3G souped up speed netbook and they are all happy with it and nobody else has complained.  That is so stupid I am insulted they would think I am that ignorant. 

The weird part is I cannot find support online for this machine, no mention of it in any forum..;nothing.  Something is up and nobody is talking about it.  Is AT&T being/been sued over this and if they string people along it will save them a few bucks?  Its going to cost a bunch.  We pay on average $230 a month for AT&T and over a long period of time, say 25 years or so, that is a chunk of change that will be leaving them next year...and hopefully I will find other Acer Aspire netbook owners that have been thru this dog and pony show to see if they had their netbooks replaced or fixed or what we can do about it as a group.  There is nothting right or honest about unloading a 3g modem machine to customers with labels, brochures, and advertising touting it as a 4G netbook. 

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

i feel your pain.  I have been nearly 8 months trying to get an answer as to why the netbook I purchased as an upgrade option did not perform as advertised.  It never showed to get 4g service.  I couldnt ever get a call back as promised, nobody had an answer, just about everything you went thru and I finally found out the reason is the machine was built with a 3G modem only!  AT&T didnt tell me this, Acer did.  I have been chastised about not voicing concerns in the initial 30 day period and waiting nearly 6 months ( come to find out you cannot trust the CSR you speak with on the phone.  The 2 of you will discuss one thing and they type in somehting totally different in the account history notes-if they type anything!)  I have been assured I am talking to the ONE person with AT&T that can get this machine fixed or replaced with an actual 4g product, and when they find out they cannot  figure out how to do it, they never call back!  It has wrecked my little online business I had from staying on the phone with them so much or not being able to connect to the internet to conduct business.  It has wrecked my health...I spent 10 hours on the phone one night being brought to tears from rude people, having to repeat the whole story over and over, sat there with no food or drink or restroom break for fear of losing the connection and the call geting dropped.  I was in the Animal hospital one day last month with my dying pet of 10 years to have a smart mouthed, chastising young fool call me and want to insist I get online to trouble shoot the device and then when I couldnt, he was going to transfer me to someone else and cut me off.  It has been 55 days ago and nobody has tried to call me back until earlier this week and I got a big hype about  how "TECHNICALLY"my speeds are "COMPARABLE" TO 4G speeds on the 4G which is "3G ALMOST 4G NETWORK"or "THE IN BETWEEN NETWORK".  Its crazy.  The netbook was labeled and all the printed and online info lists it as a 4G device, but it isnt and nobody will do anything about it.  I am expected to believe that  this product was sold to the masses and everyone is sitting around with a 3G souped up speed netbook and they are all happy with it and nobody else has complained.  That is so stupid I am insulted they would think I am that ignorant. 

The weird part is I cannot find support online for this machine, no mention of it in any forum..;nothing.  Something is up and nobody is talking about it.  Is AT&T being/been sued over this and if they string people along it will save them a few bucks?  Its going to cost a bunch.  We pay on average $230 a month for AT&T and over a long period of time, say 25 years or so, that is a chunk of change that will be leaving them next year...and hopefully I will find other Acer Aspire netbook owners that have been thru this dog and pony show to see if they had their netbooks replaced or fixed or what we can do about it as a group.  There is nothting right or honest about unloading a 3g modem machine to customers with labels, brochures, and advertising touting it as a 4G netbook. 

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

3G ALMOST 4G NETWORK

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 5:34:18 PM