Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 6, 2014
4:53:44 PM
View profile
35 days till upgrade eligible

My wife recently broke her phone.  She is eligible for an upgrade on 4/20/2014, I inquired about upgrading now.  I was told the only option is a go-phone.  I've been with AT&T for six years and find this unacceptable.  I understand people not letting people upgrade months before their eligible date, but 35 days?  That is very poor customer service.  I've had nothing but great experiences so far, but this really makes me wonder how much you value your customers.

My wife recently broke her phone.  She is eligible for an upgrade on 4/20/2014, I inquired about upgrading now.  I was told the only option is a go-phone.  I've been with AT&T for six years and find this unacceptable.  I understand people not letting people upgrade months before their eligible date, but 35 days?  That is very poor customer service.  I've had nothing but great experiences so far, but this really makes me wonder how much you value your customers.

35 days till upgrade eligible

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 6:11:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
At what point would you say is fair. First it will be 35 days and the people 40 days out will be upset, so then it is 40 days, then 50 and so on.
You are under contract, unfortunately, with the new upgrade rules, your upgrade date, is your upgrade date.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
At what point would you say is fair. First it will be 35 days and the people 40 days out will be upset, so then it is 40 days, then 50 and so on.
You are under contract, unfortunately, with the new upgrade rules, your upgrade date, is your upgrade date.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 35 days till upgrade eligible

2 of 4 (594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 5:14:46 AM
(0)
Former Employee

kdfederer wrote:

According to my calendar, it's 45 days from 3/6 to 4/20 but it might not be that bad. In the past, they would allow upgrades on the 1st day of the month you become eligible so you might be eligible 4/1, though I don't know if that is still the case. You do have other options, though. You should be eligible for both early upgrade and the Next program. You should definitely consider Next if you are on the mobile share plan because you might find the 2 year upgrade actually costs more over those 2 years than Next. 

kdfederer wrote:

According to my calendar, it's 45 days from 3/6 to 4/20 but it might not be that bad. In the past, they would allow upgrades on the 1st day of the month you become eligible so you might be eligible 4/1, though I don't know if that is still the case. You do have other options, though. You should be eligible for both early upgrade and the Next program. You should definitely consider Next if you are on the mobile share plan because you might find the 2 year upgrade actually costs more over those 2 years than Next. 

3 of 4 (566 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 9:28:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

My upgrade eligibility date was March 8th, but I checked before then (I think that it was the fifth) and was already eligible.  I didn't check on the first, but I assume that I became eligible that day since it was sometime before the 8th.

My upgrade eligibility date was March 8th, but I checked before then (I think that it was the fifth) and was already eligible.  I didn't check on the first, but I assume that I became eligible that day since it was sometime before the 8th.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (548 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments