Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 26, 2013
9:40:58 AM
View profile
3 times tried and 3 times failed to change Bill Date!

Next time I leave ATT!

Starting in October I have been trying to change bill pay date.  Was told it was done.  According to latest rep (it was not).  Also had LENGTHY contact with rep on 11-26 who even called me back after my bringing account to date, paying proration and waiting exactly the amount of time I was told I had to (guaranteeing all cut-off fees were reversed) ALSO GAURANTEE date was changed.

It WAS NOT!!!

And now even her notes from 11-26 are not in THE file and it looks like I'm lying about it!

They had to be coz she read to me from them herself! 

So today, I am told it takes 3 MONTHS, I have to pay disconnect charge from November I was told was reversed.  I have NO idea what the prorated amount I paid to get the account current to the very date of change went for-- since I now have another bill due from the same %*&%&^)& date!

The rep treated me like a (prohibited content word starting with "i") and just kept repeating the same idiotic crap over and over.  Could NOT tell me why it was not done only tell me it had to be current-- blah, blah, blah-- which road I've already tried and RETRIED!!!

So, here I go again throught The same hoops, with reps I'm convinced are (prohibited content word starting with "i") and there is NOBODY who can get me a rep or any actuall help with a trained PROFESSIONAL to actually DO THE JOB!

WARNING TO WISE-- the bad rap ATT gets is well-deserved!!!

Next time I leave ATT!

Starting in October I have been trying to change bill pay date.  Was told it was done.  According to latest rep (it was not).  Also had LENGTHY contact with rep on 11-26 who even called me back after my bringing account to date, paying proration and waiting exactly the amount of time I was told I had to (guaranteeing all cut-off fees were reversed) ALSO GAURANTEE date was changed.

It WAS NOT!!!

And now even her notes from 11-26 are not in THE file and it looks like I'm lying about it!

They had to be coz she read to me from them herself! 

So today, I am told it takes 3 MONTHS, I have to pay disconnect charge from November I was told was reversed.  I have NO idea what the prorated amount I paid to get the account current to the very date of change went for-- since I now have another bill due from the same %*&%&^)& date!

The rep treated me like a (prohibited content word starting with "i") and just kept repeating the same idiotic crap over and over.  Could NOT tell me why it was not done only tell me it had to be current-- blah, blah, blah-- which road I've already tried and RETRIED!!!

So, here I go again throught The same hoops, with reps I'm convinced are (prohibited content word starting with "i") and there is NOBODY who can get me a rep or any actuall help with a trained PROFESSIONAL to actually DO THE JOB!

WARNING TO WISE-- the bad rap ATT gets is well-deserved!!!

3 times tried and 3 times failed to change Bill Date!

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 9:51:14 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello clb008, welcome to the forums and thank you for posting!

I know how frustrating billing issues can be and we want to help you resolve them as soon as possible. I apologize for any inconvenience. We have an amazing social media care team and will do anything we can to assist, please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello clb008, welcome to the forums and thank you for posting!

I know how frustrating billing issues can be and we want to help you resolve them as soon as possible. I apologize for any inconvenience. We have an amazing social media care team and will do anything we can to assist, please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: 3 times tried and 3 times failed to change Bill Date!

2 of 9 (589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 9:52:59 AM
(0)
Tutor
BTW, the phone and wireless service are fine-- just this one seemingly SIMPLE issue to solve is enough to make me want to switch. Too bad.
BTW, the phone and wireless service are fine-- just this one seemingly SIMPLE issue to solve is enough to make me want to switch. Too bad.

3 of 9 (585 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 9:57:13 AM
(0)
Tutor

No thanks.  I'm going to TRY and follow this through as the rep asked.  I don't need MORE complications.  If it fails again... I'll just have to rethink ATT.

No thanks.  I'm going to TRY and follow this through as the rep asked.  I don't need MORE complications.  If it fails again... I'll just have to rethink ATT.

4 of 9 (581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 10:02:04 AM
(0)
Employee
Hey clb008,

I can really see your frustration.
Per the support info: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=52733
Your billing cycle cannot be changed during the five days before or after the close of your current cycle.
Your billing cycle cannot be changed if your account is in a delinquent status, or if the account will fall delinquent before the requested change date.
If you have a payment arrangement set up, the payment arrangement must be made before the billing cycle is changed.
If you have Autopay, you may see two Autopay drafts in one month due to the billing cycle change.
When a billing cycle change is made, prorated charges will occur.

Yes, in theory, it can take up to 3 months maximum, just depending on your current bill cycle vs your new one.
Realistically, here's the period, I'm going to make up numbers
Your current cycle, lets say hypothetically, 12/15-01/14.
If I want my due data clue to the 1st, I might need to move the end date of the cycle to something like the 9th.
My current cycle will still be due same as as always, for the period
Current: 12/15-01/14
Partial: 01/15-01/08
New per: 01/09-02/08

That example will take about 2 months if I did it today, but you can see how it could take longer.
Usually the partial month is lumped together with your new cycle. Delinquency issue can stop/cancel the process. The due date, as always, is a few days before end of the cycle.

I don't know why it didn't go through before, but hopefully that can clear it up.
-Alex
Hey clb008,

Per the support info: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=52733
Your billing cycle cannot be changed during the five days before or after the close of your current cycle.
Your billing cycle cannot be changed if your account is in a delinquent status, or if the account will fall delinquent before the requested change date.
If you have a payment arrangement set up, the payment arrangement must be made before the billing cycle is changed.
If you have Autopay, you may see two Autopay drafts in one month due to the billing cycle change.
When a billing cycle change is made, prorated charges will occur.

Yes, in theory, it can take up to 3 months maximum, just depending on your current bill cycle vs your new one.
Realistically, here's the period, I'm going to make up numbers
Your current cycle, lets say hypothetically, 12/15-01/14.
If I want my due data clue to the 1st, I might need to move the end date of the cycle to something like the 9th.
My current cycle will still be due same as as always, for the period
Current: 12/15-01/14
Partial: 01/15-01/08
New per: 01/09-02/08

That example will take about 2 months if I did it today, but you can see how it could take longer.
Usually the partial month is lumped together with your new cycle. Delinquency issue can stop/cancel the process. The due date, as always, is a few days before end of the cycle.

I don't know why it didn't go through before, but hopefully that can clear it up.
-Alex
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 9 (579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2013 11:52:19 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi clb008,

You can change your bill date at any Company Owned Store, or though Customer Care. I would highy recommend you go into a retail store as they can verify the request for you there, opposed to over the phone. Be aware that when you change your bill date you may have additional prorations from the change in dates and might be slightly higher.

As ATTDmitry and loganic have suggested you can reach out to our socal media team, they are very helpful at solving issues

Hi clb008,

You can change your bill date at any Company Owned Store, or though Customer Care. I would highy recommend you go into a retail store as they can verify the request for you there, opposed to over the phone. Be aware that when you change your bill date you may have additional prorations from the change in dates and might be slightly higher.

As ATTDmitry and loganic have suggested you can reach out to our socal media team, they are very helpful at solving issues

6 of 9 (525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 6:56:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

EVERYTHING you wrote about I did or followed.  The insane part is doing it-- paying, paying proration, waiting days to confirm and THEN to be told a month later I did none of it and taht the notes don't exist?  How could an agent call me to confirm if the notes werent there for her to use to call me to begin with?

EVERYTHING you wrote about I did or followed.  The insane part is doing it-- paying, paying proration, waiting days to confirm and THEN to be told a month later I did none of it and taht the notes don't exist?  How could an agent call me to confirm if the notes werent there for her to use to call me to begin with?

7 of 9 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 7:01:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

I own a business.  When I set the account up it took over an hour.  First, I dont have time to go to a store and second, why should I HAVE to?  For Gods sake ATT is one of the biggest suppliers in the country, why so screwed up its customer service reps cant handle a phone order-- TWICE?  THREE TIMES?

I just don't believe ATT has the capacity to DO it right.

Regardless, I am trying this ONE MORE TIME.  And I am so p*ssed I am going to call EVERY DAY.  And I am not wasting my time in a store!

And if after a reasonable period I start getting failure again I will simply stop paying the bill and let them come for me.  NOW they have to EARN my business!

I own a business.  When I set the account up it took over an hour.  First, I dont have time to go to a store and second, why should I HAVE to?  For Gods sake ATT is one of the biggest suppliers in the country, why so screwed up its customer service reps cant handle a phone order-- TWICE?  THREE TIMES?

Regardless, I am trying this ONE MORE TIME.  And I am so p*ssed I am going to call EVERY DAY.  And I am not wasting my time in a store!

And if after a reasonable period I start getting failure again I will simply stop paying the bill and let them come for me.  NOW they have to EARN my business!

8 of 9 (394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2014 4:48:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

clb008 wrote:

Why don't you send a private message as Dmitry suggested last week? The customer care team is managers who specialize in dealing with problems that, for whatever reason, didn't get solved by customer service.

clb008 wrote:

Why don't you send a private message as Dmitry suggested last week? The customer care team is managers who specialize in dealing with problems that, for whatever reason, didn't get solved by customer service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 9 (374 Views)