Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 10, 2013
2:26:04 PM
View profile
200 text message plan
Edited by Taylarie on Nov 17, 2013 at 1:25:52 PM

Actually, Apple's iMessage service is more reliable than the phone company SMS (Text Message) service. It confirms when the message is actually delivered to the recipient's phone; SMS does not.

if the recipient allows it via the app settings, it can even tell you when the recipient has read the message.

i want to reduce what I'm paying for SMS service, since many of my friends now have iPhones so most of my messages are now being delivered by iMessage. The fact that AT&T dropped all the other options means I will switch to another carrier as soon as my current contract ends. They will have lost me as a customer for life; I will never go back to a company that treats its customers this badly.

For now I'm going to drop the Text plan and buy my girlfriend an iPhone (on another carrier, of course!)

Actually, Apple's iMessage service is more reliable than the phone company SMS (Text Message) service. It confirms when the message is actually delivered to the recipient's phone; SMS does not.

if the recipient allows it via the app settings, it can even tell you when the recipient has read the message.

i want to reduce what I'm paying for SMS service, since many of my friends now have iPhones so most of my messages are now being delivered by iMessage. The fact that AT&T dropped all the other options means I will switch to another carrier as soon as my current contract ends. They will have lost me as a customer for life; I will never go back to a company that treats its customers this badly.

For now I'm going to drop the Text plan and buy my girlfriend an iPhone (on another carrier, of course!)

200 text message plan

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 5:34:10 AM
(0)
Expert

rbergerpa wrote:

you do realize that imessage only works with data if you are texting someone else with a apple device, other then that it uses sms. Any reminded text messages you get such as bank or bill remiders will cme over sms and you are depending that Apple Imessage servers are reliable and stay up 7x24x365 - which they don't. Good luck in your endevor

rbergerpa wrote:

you do realize that imessage only works with data if you are texting someone else with a apple device, other then that it uses sms. Any reminded text messages you get such as bank or bill remiders will cme over sms and you are depending that Apple Imessage servers are reliable and stay up 7x24x365 - which they don't. Good luck in your endevor

Re: 200 text message plan

4 of 5 (1,003 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2013 8:46:04 PM
(1)
Employee
This is silly... If you're on a family plan it's $30 for everyone to text unlimited, which also gives you unlimited mobile to any mobile calling, so you can be on the lowest rate plan for minutes. Before trashing AT&T about removing a feature customers should see everything that is available, although it may cost more in one area you may be making the savings back in another.
This is silly... If you're on a family plan it's $30 for everyone to text unlimited, which also gives you unlimited mobile to any mobile calling, so you can be on the lowest rate plan for minutes. Before trashing AT&T about removing a feature customers should see everything that is available, although it may cost more in one area you may be making the savings back in another.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

2 of 5 (1,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2013 8:48:16 PM
(0)
Employee
Same for an individual plan which is $20...Once again unlimited mobile to any mobile so the 450 minute lowest plan is easily manageable when it's considered that it's only to landlines m-thur from 6am 9pm. Nights and weekends is 5000 minutes /month
Same for an individual plan which is $20...Once again unlimited mobile to any mobile so the 450 minute lowest plan is easily manageable when it's considered that it's only to landlines m-thur from 6am 9pm. Nights and weekends is 5000 minutes /month
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (1,019 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2014 1:49:45 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by chinaqueenie on Jan 25, 2014 at 1:51:48 AM

iMessage is only most beneficial to you. Since you have friends and family members with iPhones as well. But iMessage is only going to work as well as the phone.

iMessage can malfunction and then send your iMessage via text message. Which I'm sure you've had happen before--being and avid iPhone user. iMessage transmits via Data only.

Why would you want a limited messaging plan anyways? I don't know of any carrier that has a limited one and if they do I'm sure they provide you once of those nice analog phones.

iMessage is only most beneficial to you. Since you have friends and family members with iPhones as well. But iMessage is only going to work as well as the phone.

iMessage can malfunction and then send your iMessage via text message. Which I'm sure you've had happen before--being and avid iPhone user. iMessage transmits via Data only.

Why would you want a limited messaging plan anyways? I don't know of any carrier that has a limited one and if they do I'm sure they provide you once of those nice analog phones.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (462 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments