$15 Discounts for Mobile Share Value Plan was Missing on Bill

Tutor

$15 Discounts for Mobile Share Value Plan was Missing on Bill

I have had the Mobile Share Value Plan for a few months, and I have always received the $15 discount on my two lines. My bill from March didn't have the discount, so my bill was $30 more than normal.

I contacted AT&T and they corrected the issue without any fuss, but you might want to check your bill to make sure you are still receiving the discount.

Here's what the AT&T Rep said was the reason for the error, but it didn't make any sense to me:

"We just switched the pricing, so the change didn't automatically take effect, but that is being corrected. So you will see the adjustment automatically on there next month."

Message 1 of 5 (693 Views)
Community Manager

Re: $15 Discounts for Mobile Share Value Plan was Missing on Bill

Thank you for letting everyone know! Good Advice.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (577 Views)
Scholar

DipDog3 wrote:

I have had the Mobile Share Value Plan for a few months, and I have always received the $15 discount on my two lines. My bill from March didn't have the discount, so my bill was $30 more than normal.

I contacted AT&T and they corrected the issue without any fuss, but you might want to check your bill to make sure you are still receiving the discount.

Here's what the AT&T Rep said was the reason for the error, but it didn't make any sense to me:

"We just switched the pricing, so the change didn't automatically take effect, but that is being corrected. So you will see the adjustment automatically on there next month."

That comment from ATT doesn't make much sense, given what you described--if the change didn't automatically take effect...then how was it that you had received the $15 discount, then all of a sudden this past month the discount wasn't reflected--not unless that $15 discount was for something else outside of MSV?

Message 3 of 5 (567 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

I had it happen to me as well. Apparently it is some bug in their software when they designed the system when people future dated the plan changes. Supposedly it got fixed recently according to the rep I spoke to, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was still there.

Message 4 of 5 (492 Views)
Employee

We (employees) have a special research team that we can occasionally escalate special requests to, and I had seen the follow up notes to that once.

The customer's plan had been future dated to start on the bill cycle date, and they had seen the charges, but not the credits.

The notes indicated something like, 'the plan was started the same morning that the bill was processed, and the adjustment was not completed in time for bill processing'

I know some account changes don't process until midnight, so I suspect, the assessment on whether adjustments are due for a customer may take till later that night, and fails to be included with the bill, that is assessed that morning.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5 (409 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.