xperia x10 debranding??

xperia x10 debranding??

Hey guys,

i've been reading on this post for a while and i found out about this "debranding" stuff for the x10 and how by doing it, you can get all the new updates from SE. i really didnt mind having 1.6 when i got the phone but then i realized that all my frinends running a higher version of androing (2.1 and 2.2) on their differnet phones have better features, aaps, ect. 

so i looked into debranding my phone and clicked some links that were posted on this site, but being the n00b that i am, i wasnt able to do it. so i was wondering if you guys can post a link where i can do it eaisly and for free. 

thanks Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5 (1,104 Views)
Professor

Re: xperia x10 debranding??

Any links we post here will only get deleted. I recommend you google xda developers forums and go to the Xperia X10 General forum. Go to the stickies and all the info and links you need will be there. Basically, I believe you can now root with SuperOneClick and then you would need to download the flashtool, which will install the firmware for you. There will also be a link for the various firmwares. You can choose to install a stock one from SE or a custom one, if you so choose. Proceed at your own risk.

Message 2 of 5 (1,094 Views)

Ok cool but one question, what's the different between the costom and stock firmware?
Message 3 of 5 (1,088 Views)
Professor

Hector Zeroni wrote:
Ok cool but one question, what's the different between the costom and stock firmware?

The stock firmware, referred to as a rom, is what the manufacturer puts out. The custom roms are made by developers there on the forums and customized themselves with features added and removed as they like.

Message 4 of 5 (1,057 Views)

Ok so do you think that the costom one is better??
Oh and after you flash the phone, I heard there is a "rooting" option, what's that?
Message 5 of 5 (1,038 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.