xperia x10 debranding??

xperia x10 debranding??

Hey guys,

i've been reading on this post for a while and i found out about this "debranding" stuff for the x10 and how by doing it, you can get all the new updates from SE. i really didnt mind having 1.6 when i got the phone but then i realized that all my frinends running a higher version of androing (2.1 and 2.2) on their differnet phones have better features, aaps, ect. 

so i looked into debranding my phone and clicked some links that were posted on this site, but being the n00b that i am, i wasnt able to do it. so i was wondering if you guys can post a link where i can do it eaisly and for free. 

thanks Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
Professor

Re: xperia x10 debranding??

Any links we post here will only get deleted. I recommend you google xda developers forums and go to the Xperia X10 General forum. Go to the stickies and all the info and links you need will be there. Basically, I believe you can now root with SuperOneClick and then you would need to download the flashtool, which will install the firmware for you. There will also be a link for the various firmwares. You can choose to install a stock one from SE or a custom one, if you so choose. Proceed at your own risk.

Message 2 of 5

Ok cool but one question, what's the different between the costom and stock firmware?
Message 3 of 5
Professor

Hector Zeroni wrote:
Ok cool but one question, what's the different between the costom and stock firmware?

The stock firmware, referred to as a rom, is what the manufacturer puts out. The custom roms are made by developers there on the forums and customized themselves with features added and removed as they like.

Message 4 of 5

Ok so do you think that the costom one is better??
Oh and after you flash the phone, I heard there is a "rooting" option, what's that?
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support