xperia X10 2.1 Update, When?

Tutor

xperia X10 2.1 Update, When?

Will we get the update this month(November) from Sony Ericson or from AT&T  Ive heard if from AT&T it wont happen. Anyone have REAL knowledge of where our update is coming from as it seems AT&T sits on Updates as long as they can.Im trying to decide if i need to return my phone and cancel if AT&T is going to delay things.

Message 1 of 131 (22,460 Views)
Scholar

Re: xperia X10 2.1 Update, When?

zeissguy wrote:

The update is available but you can't install it unless you want to skip a backup and lose all your information and apps.  ATT is blocking any non-market apps from installing so you can't install and run the Sony backup and restore program.  They, of course, blamed it on Sony.  I just got off the phone with Sony and ATT is blocking non-market apps, not Sony.  If anyone comes up with a workaround, please post it.  Once my contract is up, goodbye ATT.  This has gotten beyond ridiculous.  I've always like Sony Ericsson phones, I think I just need to look at another carrier

Simple solution here. READ. That's all you would have needed to do to see that Sony Ericsson told users how to update without losing their information. If you actually go to their site and follow the upgrade instructions it tells you to download X10 Backup from the market. It's a free app that is market installed so you don't have to do any sideloading to get it to work. It also backs up the market apps as well. Here's the link to that app by the way.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.spritemobile.backup.att&feature=search_result

Message 121 of 131 (2,198 Views)

Yep, its out. I updated yesterday and the ATTT-SE update runs the 2.1 flawlessly. With the upate, it appears att removed some restrictions as my system no longer blocks installation of certain non market apps. It also appears att is permitting other formsof access which were blocked by att, not the os in 1.6.

Im very surprised it was released and am very frustrated with the disparity of information i was given b different employees of both att and se. It seems nobody haf accurate information to circulate with the customers. If they had indicated someprogress, alot of users would Not have had to flash thier phones with non branded spftware and wohld have waited like i did.

I was especially frustrated because 1.6 was no longer working with many apps like the many of the goverment apps such as the USPS.

Anyway, the update is easy, and flawless. Also, att now permits the use of. The Sony Backup and restore software avail through rhe market or se website. Total update takes aboht 45 minutes and was a breezeand the new os seamed with all my former apps and softeare flawlessly. The se backup and restofe worked flawlessly as well fod resoration after update.

Do the update now. Its easy and does not require flashing.... Just s pc with pc companion or se update service installed.
Message 122 of 131 (2,135 Views)
Scholar

I am glad it finally got the 2.1, ironically the same time as Motorola is pushing out and/or about to, the 2.3 update.

I don't know about all others but I would have still flashed my phone to be unbranded, to get rid of the att bloatware and also to get the updates when SE rolled them out.
Message 123 of 131 (2,131 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

this back-up  will not work....... can download other backups in market that do work for free, just have to download one for contacts, one for apps, etc.. then you can update your phone using pc companion.

Message 124 of 131 (2,079 Views)
Tutor

ok so how can I install the 2.1?? I can't do it from settings->about phone-> check updates. It does not allow me to. So how can I upgrade it??
Message 125 of 131 (1,905 Views)
Scholar

storys51 wrote:

this back-up  will not work....... can download other backups in market that do work for free, just have to download one for contacts, one for apps, etc.. then you can update your phone using pc companion.

What happens when you try to use the backup and restore app? I dont see why it wouldn't work since the main reason it was added to the market was for this purpose. Plus the instructions on how to upgrade the AT&T x10 specifically say to download x10 backup from the market. I'm sure if no one could use it, you wouldn't be the only one complaining about it.

Message 126 of 131 (1,893 Views)
Scholar

Follow the instructions on their site for one. It even says there to use PC companion to upgrade.
Message 127 of 131 (1,892 Views)
Tutor

I know this aint the subject to write here but with the new update to 2.1 is there a way now to synch pictures from facebook with your phone? If yes then can someone tell me on how to do it

Message 128 of 131 (1,884 Views)
Scholar

xfalconex wrote:

I know this aint the subject to write here but with the new update to 2.1 is there a way now to synch pictures from facebook with your phone? If yes then can someone tell me on how to do it

You can do that with 1.6 using timescape. It syncs the contacts and not just the pictures. That way the pictures on your contacts will always match the person's picture on facebook. So, yeah you can. You can also use the facebook app to sync contacts as well. I still preferred the timescape sync though.

Message 129 of 131 (1,875 Views)
Contributor

so glad we finally got the update however the adobe flash player seems to have been removed from the market and i don't wanna go through the rooting hassle, but i heard froyo comes with it. Is there any chance we'll be getting another update? i'd really enjoy being able to view swf files.

Message 130 of 131 (1,432 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Adobe Flash player isn't supported on phones running Eclair (Android 2.1).
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 131 of 131 (1,171 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.