Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 2, 2010
10:00:09 PM
xperia X10 2.1 Update, When?

Will we get the update this month(November) from Sony Ericson or from AT&T  Ive heard if from AT&T it wont happen. Anyone have REAL knowledge of where our update is coming from as it seems AT&T sits on Updates as long as they can.Im trying to decide if i need to return my phone and cancel if AT&T is going to delay things.

Will we get the update this month(November) from Sony Ericson or from AT&T  Ive heard if from AT&T it wont happen. Anyone have REAL knowledge of where our update is coming from as it seems AT&T sits on Updates as long as they can.Im trying to decide if i need to return my phone and cancel if AT&T is going to delay things.

xperia X10 2.1 Update, When?

130 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(130)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2011 6:02:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

I did the root & flash with XDA and it was easy. Only problem I had was I couldn't connect to AT&T 3g network. Could call & text & wifi worked but not 3g data network. I found a thread on XDA about APN settings. I entered them manually into my phone & it started working. But the upside is I am now using the 4g network. I have an H on my phone instead of 3g now when I'm connected. Also was told the so called 4g network is actually 3.5g.

I did the root & flash with XDA and it was easy. Only problem I had was I couldn't connect to AT&T 3g network. Could call & text & wifi worked but not 3g data network. I found a thread on XDA about APN settings. I entered them manually into my phone & it started working. But the upside is I am now using the 4g network. I have an H on my phone instead of 3g now when I'm connected. Also was told the so called 4g network is actually 3.5g.

Re: xperia X10 2.1 Update, When?

91 of 131 (2,577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2011 7:23:24 PM
(0)
Scholar
@chris_newton01 that's not correct. AT&T is not using the 4g network yet. The H stand for HSDPA. It's been around for a while. Some of at&t's phones can use that band, but will show 3g even if it's connected to H. The debranded rom will show the one you are connected to though. You were right that H is technically 3.5 though.
@chris_newton01 that's not correct. AT&T is not using the 4g network yet. The H stand for HSDPA. It's been around for a while. Some of at&t's phones can use that band, but will show 3g even if it's connected to H. The debranded rom will show the one you are connected to though. You were right that H is technically 3.5 though.

92 of 131 (2,566 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

93 of 131 (2,303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 3:21:55 PM
(0)
Sorry for the link. I'm using Opera Mini. blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/03/25/update-on-xperia™-x10/
Sorry for the link. I'm using Opera Mini. blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/03/25/update-on-xperia™-x10/

94 of 131 (2,289 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 4:09:25 PM
(0)
Scholar
I saw this last week. At&t will most likely not upgrade to 2.3.3 so when it comes out you'll need to debrand to a generic rom anyway. I got tired of waiting and flashed a 2.2 rom. It's pretty stable and has flash so I'm happy Smiley Happy
I saw this last week. At&t will most likely not upgrade to 2.3.3 so when it comes out you'll need to debrand to a generic rom anyway. I got tired of waiting and flashed a 2.2 rom. It's pretty stable and has flash so I'm happy Smiley Happy

95 of 131 (2,278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2011 12:29:09 PM
(0)
Scholar
@spidertech;not entirely true. My C905a has the "H",even though we have 3G upstate NY. Will show "H" on 3G or the upgraded network.
@spidertech;not entirely true. My C905a has the "H",even though we have 3G upstate NY. Will show "H" on 3G or the upgraded network.

96 of 131 (2,057 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2011 1:17:11 PM
(0)
Teacher

I did the same thing.  Tired of waiting and decided to debrand.  Thank goodness I did.  Now, not only am I running 2.1, have multi-touch as well.  Much better and stable than AT&T's stock firmware.

I did the same thing.  Tired of waiting and decided to debrand.  Thank goodness I did.  Now, not only am I running 2.1, have multi-touch as well.  Much better and stable than AT&T's stock firmware.

97 of 131 (2,048 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2011 1:53:16 PM
(0)
Scholar

frothe3 wrote:

ok...um... If you have 3G you can still use H if your phone supports it. 4G is not H as H is essentially just 3.5. You cannot connect to 4G unless your phone is specifically a 4G device.

frothe3 wrote:

ok...um... If you have 3G you can still use H if your phone supports it. 4G is not H as H is essentially just 3.5. You cannot connect to 4G unless your phone is specifically a 4G device.

98 of 131 (2,039 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2011 11:26:49 AM
(0)
Scholar
SE IS IN THE TRIAL STAGES FOR 2.1 OS!!! WTH. Asst to at&t CEO returned my call,saying "they are NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY UPDATES FOR THE MOBILE DEVICES." SE CSR refuses to commit to ANY TIMETABLE, says THE 2.1 OS UPDATE IS STILL IN TRIAL STAGES. RUBBISH!! Why are we in the U.S. being treated worse than a third world country when it concerns our mobile phone support??!!
I will be taking this up with the NYSAG'S office within the week.NO ONE IS TAKING RESPONSIBILITY.
SE IS IN THE TRIAL STAGES FOR 2.1 OS!!! WTH. Asst to at&t CEO returned my call,saying "they are NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY UPDATES FOR THE MOBILE DEVICES." SE CSR refuses to commit to ANY TIMETABLE, says THE 2.1 OS UPDATE IS STILL IN TRIAL STAGES. RUBBISH!! Why are we in the U.S. being treated worse than a third world country when it concerns our mobile phone support??!!
I will be taking this up with the NYSAG'S office within the week.NO ONE IS TAKING RESPONSIBILITY.

99 of 131 (1,925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2011 11:30:24 AM
(0)
Scholar
What does this mean about the Gingerbread update? NO ONE AT EITHER END WILL COMMIT. I BLAME SE MORE THAN I'M BLAMING AT&T OVER THIS NONSENSE!!
What does this mean about the Gingerbread update? NO ONE AT EITHER END WILL COMMIT. I BLAME SE MORE THAN I'M BLAMING AT&T OVER THIS NONSENSE!!

100 of 131 (1,925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2011 1:04:27 PM
(0)
Scholar

frothe3 wrote:

Why are you blaming SE more than AT&T at this point? SE gave the update to them months ago. It's AT&T that is taking their sweet time pushing it out to their customers. Plus they're already phasing out the Vivaz too. I think this is one of the reasons SE decided to launch the Xperia Play on Verizon instead of AT&T.

This doesn't mean a thing for the Gingerbread update as Ricard even said in his blog post that the GB update would be for the generic versions first and maybe the customized operator versions next.

"Due to the resources available in this special project, we will focus on delivering trade versions of the software.  Regarding possible customized operators kit we will have to get back with more information on this at a later stage. But we want to be very clear already at this stage on the fact that some of you may not get this upgrade."

So basically if you want the update when they push it out, you would need to debrand to a generic version. If they will "eventually" make a customized version for carriers, AT&T customers will never see Gingerbread with the way they do things.

frothe3 wrote:

Why are you blaming SE more than AT&T at this point? SE gave the update to them months ago. It's AT&T that is taking their sweet time pushing it out to their customers. Plus they're already phasing out the Vivaz too. I think this is one of the reasons SE decided to launch the Xperia Play on Verizon instead of AT&T.

This doesn't mean a thing for the Gingerbread update as Ricard even said in his blog post that the GB update would be for the generic versions first and maybe the customized operator versions next.

"Due to the resources available in this special project, we will focus on delivering trade versions of the software.  Regarding possible customized operators kit we will have to get back with more information on this at a later stage. But we want to be very clear already at this stage on the fact that some of you may not get this upgrade."

So basically if you want the update when they push it out, you would need to debrand to a generic version. If they will "eventually" make a customized version for carriers, AT&T customers will never see Gingerbread with the way they do things.

101 of 131 (2,831 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2011 9:18:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

A month ago, I had the phone flash through XDA and it was worth doing. I did stuggle on flashing it until I came across this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wacg-dsx9ew  really helps. 2.1 does run faster on the phone unlike 1.6 and there is no bloatware to worry about. I just need to caution people that if you are a user of Google Voice, you will need to install GVoice Callback. You can receive calls, but cannot make incoming calls.

A month ago, I had the phone flash through XDA and it was worth doing. I did stuggle on flashing it until I came across this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wacg-dsx9ew  really helps. 2.1 does run faster on the phone unlike 1.6 and there is no bloatware to worry about. I just need to caution people that if you are a user of Google Voice, you will need to install GVoice Callback. You can receive calls, but cannot make incoming calls.

102 of 131 (2,790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2011 9:28:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well the ATT store sales force was certainly pushing the update in Nov and Dec...if they are not responsible for updates why did they use it in the sales pitch to push these phones on the consumer....oh yea they needed to move inventory on a phone they knew they would not only not support but also not be selling 3 months later. You got me once ATT but you will not get me again!

Well the ATT store sales force was certainly pushing the update in Nov and Dec...if they are not responsible for updates why did they use it in the sales pitch to push these phones on the consumer....oh yea they needed to move inventory on a phone they knew they would not only not support but also not be selling 3 months later. You got me once ATT but you will not get me again!

103 of 131 (2,781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2011 7:01:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

According to Sony Ericcson's official blog, they will be releasing Android version 2.3.3 in Q2 or Q3.  When AT&T will offer the upgrade is anyone's guess. 

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/03/25/update-on-xperia™-x10/ 

According to Sony Ericcson's official blog, they will be releasing Android version 2.3.3 in Q2 or Q3.  When AT&T will offer the upgrade is anyone's guess. 

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/03/25/update-on-xperia™-x10/ 

104 of 131 (2,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 10:09:01 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Bilaltq on Apr 30, 2011 at 10:10:55 PM

I think I should mention that I jUST downloaded and installed the X10a 2.1 firmware onto my AT&T Xperia X10a. It was relatively a quick and painless process and took me just about 30 minutes to do, 20 of which were taken up by downloading the only 2 files required. Just google "flashtool n00bies", and you'll get the appropriate instructions (along with screenshots) on xda forums needed to update your phone to the generic firmware.

If anyone has any questions or needs any help, feel free to reply here or send me an e-mail, even though I doubt you'll need any help once you see what you need to do. I was on the apprehensive "what if something goes wrong" side, and it installed perfectly for me without a hitch.

Oh and 3G, wifi, and GPS all work and I've had no problems thus far.

I think I should mention that I jUST downloaded and installed the X10a 2.1 firmware onto my AT&T Xperia X10a. It was relatively a quick and painless process and took me just about 30 minutes to do, 20 of which were taken up by downloading the only 2 files required. Just google "flashtool n00bies", and you'll get the appropriate instructions (along with screenshots) on xda forums needed to update your phone to the generic firmware.

If anyone has any questions or needs any help, feel free to reply here or send me an e-mail, even though I doubt you'll need any help once you see what you need to do. I was on the apprehensive "what if something goes wrong" side, and it installed perfectly for me without a hitch.

Oh and 3G, wifi, and GPS all work and I've had no problems thus far.

[ Edited ]
105 of 131 (1,898 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2011 3:29:41 PM
(0)
Scholar
Each one blames the other. SE's USA support has become horrendous,and the rep to the CEO from.Dallas blames SE. Come to find out that at&t has its own developer page. Yes,I did flash my phone,yes,it is an improvement over the at&t Xperia. It does has some of the same problems. I'm furious that I have been lied to. That is why I am going to oppose the T-Mobile merger.
Each one blames the other. SE's USA support has become horrendous,and the rep to the CEO from.Dallas blames SE. Come to find out that at&t has its own developer page. Yes,I did flash my phone,yes,it is an improvement over the at&t Xperia. It does has some of the same problems. I'm furious that I have been lied to. That is why I am going to oppose the T-Mobile merger.

106 of 131 (1,843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2011 5:43:47 PM
(0)
androidcommunity.com/android-ice-cream-sandwich-confirmed-even-more-for-real-this-time-20110502/
androidcommunity.com/android-ice-cream-sandwich-confirmed-even-more-for-real-this-time-20110502/

107 of 131 (1,584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2011 7:26:34 AM
(0)
Scholar
Coming to the fourth quarter of 2011.
Coming to the fourth quarter of 2011.

108 of 131 (1,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2011 11:39:46 AM
(0)
Contributor

From Sony Ericsson,

"Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications released the Android 2.1 version for the Xperia™ X10 around Nov - Dec of 2010, AT&T has not made it available for their phones yet, we do not know the reason of why, the Xperia™ X10a that you own is manufactured for AT&T exclusively, you can see that by looking at the AT&T logo it has on the back cover, this means that it is branded to their network, they have the rights to reserve any updates for the phones,they have not decided to make it available yet, we, unfortunately, cannot interfere with this since it is at their discretion whether or not to make it available, we understand that we are the manufacturer, but we manufactured the Xperia™ X10a you own, officialy for ATT, therefor they have the rights to reserve whether ot not to be updated. You can try seeking an answer from their corporate officers."

From Sony Ericsson,

"Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications released the Android 2.1 version for the Xperia™ X10 around Nov - Dec of 2010, AT&T has not made it available for their phones yet, we do not know the reason of why, the Xperia™ X10a that you own is manufactured for AT&T exclusively, you can see that by looking at the AT&T logo it has on the back cover, this means that it is branded to their network, they have the rights to reserve any updates for the phones,they have not decided to make it available yet, we, unfortunately, cannot interfere with this since it is at their discretion whether or not to make it available, we understand that we are the manufacturer, but we manufactured the Xperia™ X10a you own, officialy for ATT, therefor they have the rights to reserve whether ot not to be updated. You can try seeking an answer from their corporate officers."

109 of 131 (1,278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2011 9:39:38 AM
(0)
Contributor

From AT&T,

"I have contacted Sony Ericsson, and have been informed that the Android 2.1 software version is not available in the USA at this time. This is not an AT&T restriction, and we are aware that the 2.1 software is available in Canada and other countries. Sony Ericsson does not have the Android software update for the USA. They do not have an anticipated date for the software release in this country"

Basically everyone is blaming everyone else and nothing is getting done.

From AT&T,

"I have contacted Sony Ericsson, and have been informed that the Android 2.1 software version is not available in the USA at this time. This is not an AT&T restriction, and we are aware that the 2.1 software is available in Canada and other countries. Sony Ericsson does not have the Android software update for the USA. They do not have an anticipated date for the software release in this country"

Basically everyone is blaming everyone else and nothing is getting done.

110 of 131 (1,226 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2011 8:55:31 AM
(0)
Scholar
There is no such thing ad software update for a specific country. The software is tweaked for a specific provider and bloatware added by the provider.

In this case at&t decided not to go with the update and they have actually discontinued the X10. For anyone that must have 2.1 can get it by dumping a generic ROM as I did or move on to a different device that at&t might be supporting more.

I moved on to the Atrix and so 2 updates have happened to it shortly after it was announced, the test will be to see what at& t does with 2.3 after it is announced for the device.
There is no such thing ad software update for a specific country. The software is tweaked for a specific provider and bloatware added by the provider.

In this case at&t decided not to go with the update and they have actually discontinued the X10. For anyone that must have 2.1 can get it by dumping a generic ROM as I did or move on to a different device that at&t might be supporting more.

I moved on to the Atrix and so 2 updates have happened to it shortly after it was announced, the test will be to see what at& t does with 2.3 after it is announced for the device.

111 of 131 (1,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2011 12:28:20 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by stukadriver on May 21, 2011 at 12:47:27 PM
reposted below
reposted below

were Att sill not be allowing any of the x10 any update....

[ Edited ]
112 of 131 (1,684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2011 12:30:20 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by scoobydoo on May 21, 2011 at 1:14:42 PM

Att sill not be allowing any of the x10 any update. i was told att and sony no longer have a relationship so att will not pay the license-usage fee for updates to sony. i was also told it IS BECAUSE OF ATT and sonys hands are clean.... an att employee vaguely elluded to this being correct.

Att is unwilling to accommodate xperia users regardless if they are disabled and theu will not comply with accessabilith requirements. in the end Att will probably get hammered on this one. people will [Keep it relevant/appropriate]  Att is going to find themself in a bad position over bad business and unethical practices.

[Keep it relevant/appropriate]

Att sill not be allowing any of the x10 any update. i was told att and sony no longer have a relationship so att will not pay the license-usage fee for updates to sony. i was also told it IS BECAUSE OF ATT and sonys hands are clean.... an att employee vaguely elluded to this being correct.

Att is unwilling to accommodate xperia users regardless if they are disabled and theu will not comply with accessabilith requirements. in the end Att will probably get hammered on this one. people will [Keep it relevant/appropriate]  Att is going to find themself in a bad position over bad business and unethical practices.

[Keep it relevant/appropriate]

[ Edited ]
113 of 131 (1,681 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 8:16:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

Instead of complaining and blaming either AT&T or SE or both for bungling updates for this otherwise sweet phone, just head on over to the forums so many people are talking about (XDA), download their flashtool and follow the instructions.  It's super easy and free and it won't take up more than a few minutes of your time after you've downloaded the tool and the ftf file.  If you're worried about losing old text messages and call logs, download an app called mybackup (there's a free version on the market) and save it all on your SD card before flashing.  You will not regret taking this action and you will be far happier in the long run.

Yeah, I know, AT&T could have hurried their butts up and tested the 2.1 OS and gotten it out to us so we wouldn't have to be forced to debrand our phones, but they didn't.  Tough noogies.  You know what to do.  Many people have been telling you how to catch up to those of us enjoying the newer Android OS.  Quit waiting on AT&T to do something they will likely never do at this point (it's been, what?...7 months now?).  And think about all the cool things your phone can do once you do it...like dual touch, 5 home screens, run those apps that AT&T blocks on the market, get your Angry Birds updates when everyone else does, watch HBO...seriously, it's worth it!

Instead of complaining and blaming either AT&T or SE or both for bungling updates for this otherwise sweet phone, just head on over to the forums so many people are talking about (XDA), download their flashtool and follow the instructions.  It's super easy and free and it won't take up more than a few minutes of your time after you've downloaded the tool and the ftf file.  If you're worried about losing old text messages and call logs, download an app called mybackup (there's a free version on the market) and save it all on your SD card before flashing.  You will not regret taking this action and you will be far happier in the long run.

Yeah, I know, AT&T could have hurried their butts up and tested the 2.1 OS and gotten it out to us so we wouldn't have to be forced to debrand our phones, but they didn't.  Tough noogies.  You know what to do.  Many people have been telling you how to catch up to those of us enjoying the newer Android OS.  Quit waiting on AT&T to do something they will likely never do at this point (it's been, what?...7 months now?).  And think about all the cool things your phone can do once you do it...like dual touch, 5 home screens, run those apps that AT&T blocks on the market, get your Angry Birds updates when everyone else does, watch HBO...seriously, it's worth it!

114 of 131 (1,511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 10:03:32 PM
(0)
Teacher

charlyee wrote:
 and they have actually discontinued the X10.

People keep saying that but it has been for sale for new for a while now.  I know they were out of stock, but it's been there for more than a month now.  Not to mention the black and white refurbs on and off.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Sony+Ericsson+Xperia+(TM)+...

As far as the 2.1 update, you can get the Official Sony 2.1 update for your At&t X10.  No there is no At&t branded 2.1, but so what?  Even if there was an At&t branded 2.1 update who in their right mind would install that over the Sony one?  That is just insane!  You would have to be a rutard to purposly install the At&t crapware on purpose.

I just can't understand these threads.  Go install 2.1, it takes about 10 minutes.  It's amazing and IT IS OUT now.  Geez.

charlyee wrote:
 and they have actually discontinued the X10.

People keep saying that but it has been for sale for new for a while now.  I know they were out of stock, but it's been there for more than a month now.  Not to mention the black and white refurbs on and off.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Sony+Ericsson+Xperia+(TM)+X10&q_sku=sku4840223#fbid=70MzcB5K-xc

As far as the 2.1 update, you can get the Official Sony 2.1 update for your At&t X10.  No there is no At&t branded 2.1, but so what?  Even if there was an At&t branded 2.1 update who in their right mind would install that over the Sony one?  That is just insane!  You would have to be a rutard to purposly install the At&t crapware on purpose.

I just can't understand these threads.  Go install 2.1, it takes about 10 minutes.  It's amazing and IT IS OUT now.  Geez.

115 of 131 (1,501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2011 12:50:17 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by stukadriver on May 27, 2011 at 12:55:30 PM

Im not aware of any downloads available through SE. i spoke with SE today and they reconfirmed 1.6 is NOT updatable to any other OS available for att customers who own the x10a. Att has also reconfirmed this andi was told by att 2 days ago, again, that therd is NO update/upgrade from 1.6 available for x10a users.

The only way im aware of to upgrade the OS is to flash and use a non-att download through xda or one of the others.

Please post a link illustrating where you downloaded and upgraded your OS directly through SE or ATT. I would be very curious to see it considering both att and se has. afdently stated system upgrade is NOT available. PC Companion wont upgrade and it tells everyone on 1.6 we have the latest software. So please, by all means, enlighten us with a link.

Im not aware of any downloads available through SE. i spoke with SE today and they reconfirmed 1.6 is NOT updatable to any other OS available for att customers who own the x10a. Att has also reconfirmed this andi was told by att 2 days ago, again, that therd is NO update/upgrade from 1.6 available for x10a users.

The only way im aware of to upgrade the OS is to flash and use a non-att download through xda or one of the others.

Please post a link illustrating where you downloaded and upgraded your OS directly through SE or ATT. I would be very curious to see it considering both att and se has. afdently stated system upgrade is NOT available. PC Companion wont upgrade and it tells everyone on 1.6 we have the latest software. So please, by all means, enlighten us with a link.

[ Edited ]
116 of 131 (1,383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2011 12:06:03 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes, please.

Please post any description of how to update these phones. Details please.

Thank you.

Yes, please.

Please post any description of how to update these phones. Details please.

Thank you.

117 of 131 (1,322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2011 9:00:07 AM
(0)
Scholar
Google Davinci team. It costs about 15 bucks to upgrade. VERY simple to do. I love 2.1 on my x10 and looking forward to 2.3.3 which should be out next month. Btw, if you check out the AT&T x10a support site you will see support for both 1.6 and 2.1, interesting...
Google Davinci team. It costs about 15 bucks to upgrade. VERY simple to do. I love 2.1 on my x10 and looking forward to 2.3.3 which should be out next month. Btw, if you check out the AT&T x10a support site you will see support for both 1.6 and 2.1, interesting...

118 of 131 (1,262 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 4:30:44 AM
(0)
Master

It seems 2.1 for the AT&T Xperia x10 might be officially available now.  This article was posted this morning.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/31/android-2-1-update-now-available-for-atandt-xperia-x10/

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy

It seems 2.1 for the AT&T Xperia x10 might be officially available now.  This article was posted this morning.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/31/android-2-1-update-now-available-for-atandt-xperia-x10/

Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

119 of 131 (1,211 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 7:00:10 AM
(0)
Contributor

The update is available but you can't install it unless you want to skip a backup and lose all your information and apps.  ATT is blocking any non-market apps from installing so you can't install and run the Sony backup and restore program.  They, of course, blamed it on Sony.  I just got off the phone with Sony and ATT is blocking non-market apps, not Sony.  If anyone comes up with a workaround, please post it.  Once my contract is up, goodbye ATT.  This has gotten beyond ridiculous.  I've always like Sony Ericsson phones, I think I just need to look at another carrier

The update is available but you can't install it unless you want to skip a backup and lose all your information and apps.  ATT is blocking any non-market apps from installing so you can't install and run the Sony backup and restore program.  They, of course, blamed it on Sony.  I just got off the phone with Sony and ATT is blocking non-market apps, not Sony.  If anyone comes up with a workaround, please post it.  Once my contract is up, goodbye ATT.  This has gotten beyond ridiculous.  I've always like Sony Ericsson phones, I think I just need to look at another carrier

120 of 131 (1,191 Views)