Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jun 14, 2012
3:51:39 PM
View profile
why can I order unlimited data plan through premier, but can't active the phone

Hi,

I have been use ATT for the past few years, never used smart phone before.

Last week when I looked at my upgrade elegibiliy and found out I can purchase unlimited data plan for my line.

so I upgraded my phone to a refurb iphone 3gs with the unlimited data plan. my order was accepted and shopped out.

this was the shipping confirmation from ATT premier:

Phone/Device:Apple iPhone 3GS - 8GB Black (Refurb)
Accessories:
Voice Plan:Nation 450 w/Rollover $39.99

Data PlanSmiley Very Happyiscounted iPhone3G Enterprise Data Add-on $30, unlimited data

but when I called customer service to activate the iphone, the representative said the data plan was expired and she couldn't add it to my account.

does anyone know what happened? is it possible for me to add the data plan?

thanks.

Hi,

I have been use ATT for the past few years, never used smart phone before.

Last week when I looked at my upgrade elegibiliy and found out I can purchase unlimited data plan for my line.

so I upgraded my phone to a refurb iphone 3gs with the unlimited data plan. my order was accepted and shopped out.

this was the shipping confirmation from ATT premier:

Phone/Device:Apple iPhone 3GS - 8GB Black (Refurb)
Accessories:
Voice Plan:Nation 450 w/Rollover $39.99

Data PlanSmiley Very Happyiscounted iPhone3G Enterprise Data Add-on $30, unlimited data

but when I called customer service to activate the iphone, the representative said the data plan was expired and she couldn't add it to my account.

does anyone know what happened? is it possible for me to add the data plan?

thanks.

why can I order unlimited data plan through premier, but can't active the phone

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2012 4:15:02 PM
(0)
Teacher

Unlimited data hasn't been available for quite a while now. The reason you see it as an option on the website is because people who had it when it was still available are grandfathered in, so that option is only for them. I have no idea why the website wouldn't be designed to tell you this automatically.

Unlimited data hasn't been available for quite a while now. The reason you see it as an option on the website is because people who had it when it was still available are grandfathered in, so that option is only for them. I have no idea why the website wouldn't be designed to tell you this automatically.

Re: why can I order unlimited data plan through premier, but can't active the phone

2 of 5 (785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2012 9:17:56 AM
(0)
Expert

As mentioned the unlimited plan is no longer available, you will need to choose one of the tiered plans that are available, also be aware corporate discount will normally only apply to the 50.00 / 5GB data plan and none of the others

As mentioned the unlimited plan is no longer available, you will need to choose one of the tiered plans that are available, also be aware corporate discount will normally only apply to the 50.00 / 5GB data plan and none of the others

Re: why can I order unlimited data plan through premier, but can't active the phone

3 of 5 (738 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2012 1:40:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes, this is the weird thing in my account.

on the top of regular tiered plans, known as 200M, 3G and 5G, I also see these 3 plans in my account:

1. unlimited data plan

2. 2G enterprise data plan for 40$ with company discount.

3. 3G enterprise data plan for 45$ with company discount.

what on earth are these plans? if they are not available, why are they listed in my account and allowed my to chose.

thanks. 

on the top of regular tiered plans, known as 200M, 3G and 5G, I also see these 3 plans in my account:

1. unlimited data plan

what on earth are these plans? if they are not available, why are they listed in my account and allowed my to chose.

thanks. 

4 of 5 (726 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2012 9:53:01 AM
(0)
Expert

euchee wrote:

1. unlimited data plan

thanks. 

those are enterprise plans, they are probably ones that are negotiated between your company and att. Have a couple of those in effect with my company and att, sprint and verizon. they will not show unless you are authorized to see them on the business site.

euchee wrote:

1. unlimited data plan

thanks. 

those are enterprise plans, they are probably ones that are negotiated between your company and att. Have a couple of those in effect with my company and att, sprint and verizon. they will not show unless you are authorized to see them on the business site.

5 of 5 (693 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments