why am I paying for something that is broken ?

Contributor

why am I paying for something that is broken ?

fmailymap on the iphone has been useless for weeks. Att = crickets.

you really need to step up here or watch people defect right and left when Verizon give iphone owners a choice.

Message 1 of 5 (1,240 Views)
Employee

Re: why am I paying for something that is broken ?

there is a bug with the 4.2.1 software for the app but you can still access the mobile version of the site on the browser

http://familymap.att.com

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (933 Views)
Contributor

Interesting,

I just got off the phone with technical support.  Each day I receive an email that tells me that my daughter's phone cannot be located at her school.  This is while she is talking to me on the phone with 5 bars on her phone (with an AT&T tower located behind their soccer field in line of sight.)

My son is on a hike in the snow with his class about 50 miles away.  I tried to locate him while he's on Mt. Hood in Oregon.  It showed his location within an accuracy of 327 yards.  The problem was that the location it reported back was over 350 miles away North of Chilliwack, BC, Canada.  If it didn't locate him, that would be a totally different issue, but to show such accuracy and be SO far off doesn't seem like I'm getting my money's worth.

Really?  350 miles off of target with enough confidence to report accuracy within 327 yards?

gonna cancel this feature...

Message 3 of 5 (681 Views)
Employee

GPS has nothing to do with the signal bars which is how familymaps works. If they are in a building it may not be able to get a GPS lock and use the wireless network to find the phone which doesn't give an exact location but an approximation which can and will he off up yo 500 meters.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5 (626 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

May I also ask this?

I've used this to locate a phone on my service and I want to know why it Showed my daughter in Antarctica...YES it did.. at first it was all Blue water and then i zoomed out and it showed her out in an ocean !! near Antarctica! WTH.. then... Now most recently it showed her in Santa Rosa Florida..when she was actually here in Louisiana less than 20 miles from home.. it said Florida about four times then finally hit at the correct location.. What on earth is up?? i'm paying for this and its crazy! Is it possible it picks up similar signals from a phone with close gsm numbers or whatever the crap it looks at?? i really want to know.. its disturbing! Thing is the place it showed in Florida.. we've been to several years ago.. and several years before She had a phone.. very weird coincidence and i want to know how this happens!

Message 5 of 5 (607 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.