Wireless Forums

Posted Jun 21, 2012
10:11:37 PM
View profile
where's ics for gs2 skyrocket
Edited by Taylarie on Jun 22, 2012 at 5:17:42 AM

how is it possible that after all the waiting for ICS that it gets released but not for the skyrocket variant.  I am so tired of the B S.  how can it be available for the regular gs2 but not the skyrocket.  there practically the same phone. {word filter evasion}  Should have saved myself $100 and settled for the GSII.  I'm starting to hate AT&t!!!!!

how is it possible that after all the waiting for ICS that it gets released but not for the skyrocket variant.  I am so tired of the B S.  how can it be available for the regular gs2 but not the skyrocket.  there practically the same phone. {word filter evasion}  Should have saved myself $100 and settled for the GSII.  I'm starting to hate AT&t!!!!!

where's ics for gs2 skyrocket

[ Edited ]
10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2012 11:30:53 PM
(0)
Guru

The best thing I can say is this.. You are not alone. WE ALL are frustrated.  Here are some links to help ease the pain.

Samsung ICS Update List

SamMobile Firmwares

If there is going to be an update, it would be there. Also make sure to check updates through KIES and on your phone itself.

The best thing I can say is this.. You are not alone. WE ALL are frustrated.  Here are some links to help ease the pain.

Samsung ICS Update List

SamMobile Firmwares

If there is going to be an update, it would be there. Also make sure to check updates through KIES and on your phone itself.

Re: where's ics for gs2 skyrocket

2 of 11 (1,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 12:46:33 AM
(0)
Employee
The gs2 and the skyocket are in no way alike. Also the gs2 has been out longer.
The gs2 and the skyocket are in no way alike. Also the gs2 has been out longer.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 11 (1,243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 2:36:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

Since when is a phone being out longer synonymous with it getting an update?  Quite frankly the newer phones should get it first.

Since when is a phone being out longer synonymous with it getting an update?  Quite frankly the newer phones should get it first.

4 of 11 (1,230 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 3:10:34 AM
(0)
Mentor
Ha ha! You're right! And since ICS was released by AOSP on Oct 2011, and the Skyrocket was out in Nov 2011, the Skyrocket WAS the "newer phone". Too bad Samsung and AT&T dragged their feet for so long that our Skyrockets are old news now. Shame on me for thinking AT&T wanted to be serious about LTE.
Ha ha! You're right! And since ICS was released by AOSP on Oct 2011, and the Skyrocket was out in Nov 2011, the Skyrocket WAS the "newer phone". Too bad Samsung and AT&T dragged their feet for so long that our Skyrockets are old news now. Shame on me for thinking AT&T wanted to be serious about LTE.

5 of 11 (1,228 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 11:05:58 AM
(0)
Employee
Shame on everyone for thinking they deserve ICS
Shame on everyone for thinking they deserve ICS
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 11 (1,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 11:10:02 AM
(0)
Scholar
this is not a good saying "Shame on everyone for thinking they deserve ICS "
this is not a good saying "Shame on everyone for thinking they deserve ICS "
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

7 of 11 (1,113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 3:05:04 PM
(0)
Employee
There are at least 10 threads on here about the same thing and its starting to get old. Yes everyone wants ICS and the only thing to do is flash it yourself or wait
There are at least 10 threads on here about the same thing and its starting to get old. Yes everyone wants ICS and the only thing to do is flash it yourself or wait

8 of 11 (1,063 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2012 1:27:44 AM
(0)
Scholar
All the info from AT&T community and AT&T facebook a/c and the AT&T cs are indicating that Skyrocket's owner has to wait more one month from now on to get ICS in their smartphone.
All the info from AT&T community and AT&T facebook a/c and the AT&T cs are indicating that Skyrocket's owner has to wait more one month from now on to get ICS in their smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

9 of 11 (997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2012 10:22:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

My suggestion is if you're tired of the 10 other threads and this one is to stop clicking on them.  It's not our fault there are multiple threads, but we have to choose one.  I'm also willing to bet that Skyrocket owners are more tired of waiting for ICS than you are of the multiple threads.

My suggestion is if you're tired of the 10 other threads and this one is to stop clicking on them.  It's not our fault there are multiple threads, but we have to choose one.  I'm also willing to bet that Skyrocket owners are more tired of waiting for ICS than you are of the multiple threads.

10 of 11 (941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 8:51:33 AM
(0)
Tutor
Are you kidding me? Shame on you for posting as a representative of your company and not caring one bit about your customers. It's people like you that ruin what was once a decent carrier.

Shame on you and don't waste our time with your condescending, useless comments.
Are you kidding me? Shame on you for posting as a representative of your company and not caring one bit about your customers. It's people like you that ruin what was once a decent carrier.

Shame on you and don't waste our time with your condescending, useless comments.

11 of 11 (733 Views)