Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 14, 2012
6:57:12 PM
View profile
where is this miracle firmware upgrade AT&T keeps promising?

we've been putting up with failed calls, echoing calls, lag, delays, calls going straight to voicemail etc. for far too long now.

after calling and complaining enough times, tech support finally admitted that ALL of my issues were already known and documented, being experienced by MANY other users and that there would be a firmware update "soon" to fix everything.

that was AUGUST of last year. 

anyone know what the deal is??

we've been putting up with failed calls, echoing calls, lag, delays, calls going straight to voicemail etc. for far too long now.

after calling and complaining enough times, tech support finally admitted that ALL of my issues were already known and documented, being experienced by MANY other users and that there would be a firmware update "soon" to fix everything.

where is this miracle firmware upgrade AT&T keeps promising?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2012 8:16:40 AM
(0)
Scholar

blarrrrg wrote:

Many people, myself included, have seen a dramatic improvement regarding delays in calling.  So much so, that there has been speculation that some type of firmware upgrade was rolled out at the beginning of the year.  Is this true?  We have no way of knowing.

blarrrrg wrote:

Many people, myself included, have seen a dramatic improvement regarding delays in calling.  So much so, that there has been speculation that some type of firmware upgrade was rolled out at the beginning of the year.  Is this true?  We have no way of knowing.

Re: where is this miracle firmware upgrade AT&T keeps promising?

2 of 10 (3,987 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2012 10:39:36 AM
(0)
Explorer

+1.  Ever since approximately the beginning of this year, my Microcell has tranformed into being rock solid (or in other words, the way the device was advertised to act and should have been since Day 1).  No dropped calls, no echoing, no cutting out during coversations.  Rock.  Solid.

+1.  Ever since approximately the beginning of this year, my Microcell has tranformed into being rock solid (or in other words, the way the device was advertised to act and should have been since Day 1).  No dropped calls, no echoing, no cutting out during coversations.  Rock.  Solid.

3 of 10 (3,973 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2012 12:40:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
The little blinking red light that some have experienced was more than likely the update that has been rumored. However, the reset after update didn't work correctly on a lot of units which resulted in the red light "hardware failure". It took me a couple of resets (power downs) to correct the blinking red light (3G light) but all has been fine since. However, we never experienced the issues that a lot of folks have reported here. The updates/issues seem to be service area related cause not everyone has them.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

The little blinking red light that some have experienced was more than likely the update that has been rumored. However, the reset after update didn't work correctly on a lot of units which resulted in the red light "hardware failure". It took me a couple of resets (power downs) to correct the blinking red light (3G light) but all has been fine since. However, we never experienced the issues that a lot of folks have reported here. The updates/issues seem to be service area related cause not everyone has them.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (3,964 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2012 8:17:32 AM
(0)
Scholar

So after reading this I plugged my M-Cell in for the first in 2 months last night.  I always had to disable cellular data for calls to go through.  So far all calls have gone right through and sound really good.  It makes sense now if they did send a firmware update out.  

So after reading this I plugged my M-Cell in for the first in 2 months last night.  I always had to disable cellular data for calls to go through.  So far all calls have gone right through and sound really good.  It makes sense now if they did send a firmware update out.  

5 of 10 (3,919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2012 2:26:11 PM
(0)
Teacher

to reiterate when everyone has said, I think we received the firmware update.  Recently, my MicroCell has been performing like a champ.  Having the MicroCell since before iPhone4 day (I think a month or two before), this is the best it has performed

to reiterate when everyone has said, I think we received the firmware update.  Recently, my MicroCell has been performing like a champ.  Having the MicroCell since before iPhone4 day (I think a month or two before), this is the best it has performed

6 of 10 (3,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2012 6:02:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

I just recently plugged my M Cell back in after 3 months.  I do believe they pushed some kind of firmware update, but I don't think it fixed everything 100%.  I placed an outgoing call today and it failed.  I then attempted two more calls which went through perfectly.  In the past, almost all outgoing calls would drop with cellular data turned on.  

iPhone 4s

I just recently plugged my M Cell back in after 3 months.  I do believe they pushed some kind of firmware update, but I don't think it fixed everything 100%.  I placed an outgoing call today and it failed.  I then attempted two more calls which went through perfectly.  In the past, almost all outgoing calls would drop with cellular data turned on.  

iPhone 4s

7 of 10 (3,812 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2012 7:28:04 AM
(0)
Scholar

I still get "Searching..." listed as the network. Also my phones lock onto the macro network even when <20 feet from the MicroCell. When connected to the MicroCell, calls will often hand-out to the macro network during a call. So if a firmware update was pushed, it hasn't solved my biggest gripes.

I still get "Searching..." listed as the network. Also my phones lock onto the macro network even when <20 feet from the MicroCell. When connected to the MicroCell, calls will often hand-out to the macro network during a call. So if a firmware update was pushed, it hasn't solved my biggest gripes.

8 of 10 (3,790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2012 7:55:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

Agreed - mine has been rock solid since a month or two ago.  No more failed calls.  No echos, delays, etc.  It even finally hands off to the outside tower when I leave the house how.  Really happy with it now.  Perhaps AT&T is listening and can finally acknowledge that they have issued the update/firmware/fix as it would be nice to now this is the case.

Agreed - mine has been rock solid since a month or two ago.  No more failed calls.  No echos, delays, etc.  It even finally hands off to the outside tower when I leave the house how.  Really happy with it now.  Perhaps AT&T is listening and can finally acknowledge that they have issued the update/firmware/fix as it would be nice to now this is the case.

9 of 10 (3,752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 6:27:14 AM
(0)
Mentor

Well if they did push anything out it didn't fix the power drain on 3G data when enabled while using the Microcell.  After seeing this thread I tunred on my data on the phone and left the WiFi on also.  Within 30 minutes 20% of my battery was consumed even though I wasn't actually using data.  Still wating on a fix for this issue....

Well if they did push anything out it didn't fix the power drain on 3G data when enabled while using the Microcell.  After seeing this thread I tunred on my data on the phone and left the WiFi on also.  Within 30 minutes 20% of my battery was consumed even though I wasn't actually using data.  Still wating on a fix for this issue....

10 of 10 (3,631 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments