where is the Dell Streak update

Tutor

where is the Dell Streak update

Both carrier and manufacturers are playing this update game now i hear Samsung is deliberately holding back or asking TMobile not to update the Captivate b/c the new captivate is coming out and they are afraid it will hurt sales eventhough the old Captivate will have the same specs and capabillties as the new phone so the game is now instead of updating old phones everytime a new Android OS comes out lets just sell them a new phone if they want the new OS lets hope Google steps in and don't leave it up to dumb companys like AT&T or greedy companys like Samsung I bought the Dell Streak on the promise of the 1.6 will be updated to 2.1 that was in August 2010 then they decided they were going to skip 2.1 and go to 2.2 instead it's now Jan. 16 2011 still no update fist it was Dell sitting on their hands now it's AT&T With their many delays i now heard that the update is stuck in AT&T never ending testing  {word filter evasion} are they testing since the 2.2 update nas been working fine on all none lock AT&T versions of the streak meanwhile we are stuck with a barely userble devise it's time for Google step in and pull or threaten to pull the OS from the greedy pigs who put profit before costumer satisfaction or people like me will have no choice but to go back to apple god forbid and another thing why is Dell still lyeing to us saying the AT&T lock update is out and we should get it b/w now and next week

Message 1 of 112
Tutor

Re: where is the Dell Streak update

it would be one thing to give us a phone and say here you go this is what you get

but att sells us the phone then tells us the update is coming they lie 

right to our faces

then they expect us to buy more phones from them? absolutely not

if they think wed all rather spend 200 for something newer and flashier rather than get the free ota update we were promised in the first place i have a feeling they could see a riot in front of their hq

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/13/verizon-wireless-and-htc-most-eager-to-provide-android-2-2-updat/

Message 91 of 112
Scholar

I agree it's beyond lame for ATT to not provide promised service/updates. I suggest everyone actually calls support instead of just posting here. Don't settle for the first or second level reps, escelate it up into management and don't settle for basic explanations/excuses.

I'd do the same with an outstanding bill. I feel anyone with a phone that lacks a promised update (Streak, Captivate, Xperia, etc) should receive 50% off per month until the issue is fixed. 

Message 92 of 112
Highlighted
Tutor

update is up

Message 93 of 112
Scholar

Looks like u guys are GTG. Let us know how u do......
Message 94 of 112

Just got my update. NICE! My 3G is down. But it is nice to have the update. But why not tell us it comming today? Don't why 3g is down. I'll call dell thursday.

Message 95 of 112
Scholar

Nice to finally have 2.2. REALLY makes me wonder why ATT held off for so long. It's no mistake that the Streak, Captivate and Aria are getting their updates within a few days of each other......and each one had been "long promised".

Also a bit surprised there's no bloatware on my build.......

Message 96 of 112

IT's here!!!!

Message 97 of 112
Contributor

YES IT IS HERE - AND IT TURNED MY STREAK INTO A BRICK!!! TG I GOT OF DELL TECH SUPPORT. Tthey are sending a new streak I hope . . .

Message 98 of 112
Teacher

I dont see the update yet.  I am Baseband ...31. 

Message 99 of 112
Teacher

DISREGARD - i see the update now.  Yay!

Message 100 of 112
Teacher

My download keeps getting interrupted about half way through and tells me it cant be resumed.  I've turned all the programs i can find, sync, anti-virus etc and still cant complete the download.  Any fix?

Message 101 of 112
Teacher

Found more porgrams to shut off then the download completed.  Froyo working great!

Message 102 of 112
Tutor

OKAY SO IT APPEARS THE OPTION TO CREATE A MOBILE HOT SPOT IS NOT AVAILABLE.  I HATE WHEN SOMETHING IS ADVERTISED AND YOU GO TO USE IT ONLY TO FIND OUT ITS NOT AVAILABLE.  I'VE CONTACTED AT&T AFTER SPEAKING WITH DELL BECAUSE THE DOWNLOAD SPECIFICALLY SAYS THAT THE 2.2 UPDATE WILL BRING YOU THIS FEATURE HOWEVER DELL SAYS I WILL NEED AN APP FROM ATT AND ATT REPS ON 3 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS STATE THAT I SHOULD NOT NEED AN APP I SHOULD JUST BE ABLE TO USE MY STREAK AS A WIRELESS MODEM. I HATE THIS KIND OF CRAP. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING AND THE CUSTOMER SUFFERS.  I JUST INQUIRED IF I PURCHASED A SMARTPHONE TETHERING PLAN WHICH I WOULD NOT SINCE I WOULD NEVER EVEN USE THE AMOUNT OF DATA BEING OFFERED WOULD I THEN HAVE TO DOWNLOAD SOME TYPE OF APP AS DELL SUGGEST IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO TETHER MY PHONE. I WAS AGAIN TOLD NO THAT MY PHONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS FEATURE WIRELESSLY...UGGGGHHHH

Message 103 of 112
Mentor

The rep probably doesn't know that AT&T removed the HotSpot option. If you get the Streak directly from DELL or update to the NON AT&T version of FROYO it has the Tethering/HotSpot option. I'm using it to post this now. I've got an AT&T Streak from Best Buy, but got tired of waiting  for the AT&T update so I updated to the OEM DELL 2.2  and have no regrets.

Message 104 of 112
Teacher

Yep, the dell version has it (if you use the qdl tool and of course void your warranty) which the whole voiding your warranty is crap since its an official dell rom, but whatever, lol. I'm just glad I have it now. Its actually a usable piece of equipment now Smiley Happy both companies will still have a lot of sucking up to do over the next year or so in order for me to ever use them again. I will gladly pay extra to someone else after this. The lack of offical info, and the at&t shills on this forum have made it a very regrettable purchase.
Message 105 of 112
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support