Helpful Links

where is the Dell Streak update

Tutor

where is the Dell Streak update

Both carrier and manufacturers are playing this update game now i hear Samsung is deliberately holding back or asking TMobile not to update the Captivate b/c the new captivate is coming out and they are afraid it will hurt sales eventhough the old Captivate will have the same specs and capabillties as the new phone so the game is now instead of updating old phones everytime a new Android OS comes out lets just sell them a new phone if they want the new OS lets hope Google steps in and don't leave it up to dumb companys like AT&T or greedy companys like Samsung I bought the Dell Streak on the promise of the 1.6 will be updated to 2.1 that was in August 2010 then they decided they were going to skip 2.1 and go to 2.2 instead it's now Jan. 16 2011 still no update fist it was Dell sitting on their hands now it's AT&T With their many delays i now heard that the update is stuck in AT&T never ending testing  {word filter evasion} are they testing since the 2.2 update nas been working fine on all none lock AT&T versions of the streak meanwhile we are stuck with a barely userble devise it's time for Google step in and pull or threaten to pull the OS from the greedy pigs who put profit before costumer satisfaction or people like me will have no choice but to go back to apple god forbid and another thing why is Dell still lyeing to us saying the AT&T lock update is out and we should get it b/w now and next week

Message 1 of 112

Re: where is the Dell Streak update

Hey my phone just freak out. I called Dell. They solved the problem. Now when I told her I'll returning the phone Because ATT didn't update phone. She told ATT doesn't update phone Dell does. WHAT? She said they Handel service they deal with phone. If I cancel the deal with ATT, Dell gets phone not ATT.  What the heck? Since when. Is she telling the truth?

Message 76 of 112
Scholar

ATT has a limited hand in this. It's primary role is providing the wireless service. They also are said to be providing the update after "testing". You're right in that Dell would receive the handset back after a return, as ATT doesn't sell them, not even know of them in any real manner. It's a business relationship that only hurts the customer.....

Sounds like the Dell rep didn't know what they were talking about, something that isn't uncommon (for any company really). You can try calling back and getting clarification from a manager, but am pretty sure the end result will be the standard line we've noted here.

Message 77 of 112
Employee

the dell streak is a bit different, Dell handles all troubleshooting for this device, you're average AT&T CS probably doesn't even know of this phone because Dell handles anything to do with the functionailty. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 78 of 112
Highlighted
Tutor

Thats BEEP, AT&T is the one holding up the update. The update has been out since Dec. How do you explane the unlocked phone with 2.2?

Message 79 of 112
Employee

i didn't say anything about the update, just troubleshooting in general regarding a previous post.

and it looks like at&t isn't releasing the update, might as well get it over it at this point or do it yourself.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 80 of 112
Scholar

JFizDaWiz wrote:

looks like at&t isn't releasing the update, might as well get it over it at this point or do it yourself.

While it may be true, I'll be far from the first person to simply shrug my shoulders and leave it as is. Isn't that what ATT wants? For it all to go away? 

Message 81 of 112
Employee

there is nothing forcing AT&T to release it, so if they don't want to they don't have to. if you want it so bad get it yourself. I wanted Gingerbread so I got it. 

Employee Contributor*
Message 82 of 112
Scholar

JFizDaWiz wrote:

there is nothing forcing AT&T to release it, so if they don't want to they don't have to. 

So promises of the device being updated to 2.2 on sale isn't a valid promise? I don't buy that ATT has the choice to update or not, especially when there are technical issues at play......But than, you're an ATT employee. While you may not speak for them........

Message 83 of 112
Employee

to be honest sales reps have as much information as you do it seems. I've heard many promises from sales reps from AT&T, Sprint and Verizon and none of them have happened yet.

I was told by the end of 2010 I'd have Sprint 4G in my area. I don't and no where near of it happening anytime soon. I didn't switch because of this "promise" and the Evo was promised to have 2.2, that part did come true but I didn't wait for it to happen, I had 2.2 before it was rolled out because I didn't want to wait or have it come down to it really wasn't going to come out.

Employee Contributor*
Message 84 of 112

Ok my bill came in. 147 dollars due on March 3. They don't know when I going to get a 2.2 update but my bill is due march 3. W#@! My update is being withheld. But my bill is on time. Thanks ATT and DELL. Worst Birthday present yet.

Message 85 of 112
Tutor

@goldentuna

first of all youre talking out of the left side of your mouth

the iphone is the worst piece of closed source technology to have ever been developed

secondly at&t will not lose their smart customers because att owns all of their numbers and their lines and theyre pretty much the only cell company thats not in debt also their speeds are the fastest and the verizon maps are all make believe { Please keep it courteous }

Message 86 of 112
Tutor

{ Please keep it courteous } its from covering the light sensor when you hold it sideways you should really stop talking

Message 87 of 112
Tutor

the reason as to why att isnt dedicating its resources to android is not because of the iphone they know as well as we do that the iphone is  just for ppl who want a completely dulled down user friendly device that a two year old can work and the reason that apple ever gave it to verizon is because it was failing in att next to the new androids. so steve jobs being the { word filter evasion }  he is needed more money and whom better to expand his market to than the consumers who have been whining the most

verizon users

att is not dedicating its resources to the updates because its busy upgrading to 4g

and i have no idea why verizon upgraded theyre already in debt att at least is not

so all in all the consumer is used as a pawn and the real battle isnt between us and att 

its between att and verizon in their epic quest to prove dominance over each other

Message 88 of 112
Tutor

i completely agree with this

att seems to be fully engulfed in making their money

theyre now a corrupt enterprise

i dont want to bring politics into it

but we all know who their liberal agenda is modeled after

Message 89 of 112
Tutor

android is in the works of an entire computer os that will surely be the death of at least windows

if att doesnt see what theyre missing out on and keep sticking to that piece of { word filter evasion }  iphone theyll be bankrupt in no time and ill laugh

{ Keep it relevant and appropriate }

Message 90 of 112
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support