Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 19, 2009
3:53:17 PM
View profile
what is the edge logo on my phone

sorry last question to bother you folks, about my new blackberry pearl 8100

as some of you know im using an old sim  card in this and my old phone never showed a logo called edge

but the black berry does

what is it? dost it cost money because i dont know how to turn it off unless i turn off wireless

sorry last question to bother you folks, about my new blackberry pearl 8100

as some of you know im using an old sim  card in this and my old phone never showed a logo called edge

but the black berry does

what is it? dost it cost money because i dont know how to turn it off unless i turn off wireless

what is the edge logo on my phone

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2009 6:16:49 PM
(0)
Master

EDGE  is a third-generation, high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology. The EDGE icon that you are seeing, simply lets you know that you are in an area that is covered by AT&T's EDGE network.........

EDGE  is a third-generation, high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology. The EDGE icon that you are seeing, simply lets you know that you are in an area that is covered by AT&T's EDGE network.........

Re: what is the edge logo on my phone

2 of 4 (1,188 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2009 7:19:37 PM
(0)
Professor
Do you have a BB plan with your blackberry? If you are able to receive emails, you probably have one of the BB data plans. This is a link to them.
Do you have a BB plan with your blackberry? If you are able to receive emails, you probably have one of the BB data plans. This is a link to them.

3 of 4 (1,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2009 2:17:46 AM
(0)
Master

guandalf wrote:

The OP did not want to use data, unless he/she changes their mind. See this thread. http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=rim&thread.id=48273&jump=true

guandalf wrote:

The OP did not want to use data, unless he/she changes their mind. See this thread. http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=rim&thread.id=48273&jump=true

4 of 4 (1,156 Views)