Wireless Forums

Posted Feb 16, 2012
2:31:08 AM
went over my data plan

Recently I went a tiny bit over my data plan of 200  by 12 megabytes.   I thought you were supposed to get a text saying that you were close?   Never got any such thing.   Anyway, what is the penalty for doing so?

In order to save myself, I upped my data plan to the 300 megabyte plan, but only after I went over.   Will it cost me more than the additional five bucks to up the plan?  it would not let me make it retroactive.  

Recently I went a tiny bit over my data plan of 200  by 12 megabytes.   I thought you were supposed to get a text saying that you were close?   Never got any such thing.   Anyway, what is the penalty for doing so?

In order to save myself, I upped my data plan to the 300 megabyte plan, but only after I went over.   Will it cost me more than the additional five bucks to up the plan?  it would not let me make it retroactive.  

went over my data plan

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2012 4:13:04 AM
(0)
Expert

Lisahahaha wrote:

call them and see if they will retro it, normally they have no problem with that.

Lisahahaha wrote:

call them and see if they will retro it, normally they have no problem with that.

Re: went over my data plan

2 of 5 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2012 8:41:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Also, be aware that you can't go back to the 200 MB plan, now that you have gone to the 300 MB plan.

Also, be aware that you can't go back to the 200 MB plan, now that you have gone to the 300 MB plan.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2012 11:49:01 AM
(0)
Mentor

Noooooo!!!  Seriously?   I'm screwed now.  They'll get their money back and more.   I never go over, this was just a one off.  I hate stuff like that.

Noooooo!!!  Seriously?   I'm screwed now.  They'll get their money back and more.   I never go over, this was just a one off.  I hate stuff like that.

4 of 5 (743 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2012 9:30:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The old plans were grandfathered.  You could keep them as long as you already had them, but AT&T won't let you go back to a plan that is no longer offered once you leave it.

The old plans were grandfathered.  You could keep them as long as you already had them, but AT&T won't let you go back to a plan that is no longer offered once you leave it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (719 Views)