water damage

Contributor

water damage

My son was pushed in a pool. will AT & T cover the damage. I was told no by so many people.. only have had the phone since Oct 2011. have a lot of time to pay on the Contract..I have tried the rice thing, for approx. 10 hours so far. it comes on, but no screen. Its a smart phone. please let me know what to do.

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: water damage

Pioneertrail wrote:

My son was pushed in a pool. will AT & T cover the damage. I was told no by so many people.. only have had the phone since Oct 2011. have a lot of time to pay on the Contract..I have tried the rice thing, for approx. 10 hours so far. it comes on, but no screen. Its a smart phone. please let me know what to do.

unles you have insurance on the phone, att will not replace it.try 5 or 6 days in the rice. Other then that you can get a att gophone and put your son's sim into it or purchase a used phone off ebay. You can also check your home owners insurance to see if it will cover the phone

Message 2 of 3
Expert

Re: water damage

The rice works, usually, but you have to leave it in longer than 10 hours. It also happened to my sister...her's fell in a toliet, though. Took out the batttery and Sim and left it in rice for 3 days. Phone still works!! Good luck!! 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support