water damage

Contributor

water damage

My son was pushed in a pool. will AT & T cover the damage. I was told no by so many people.. only have had the phone since Oct 2011. have a lot of time to pay on the Contract..I have tried the rice thing, for approx. 10 hours so far. it comes on, but no screen. Its a smart phone. please let me know what to do.

Message 1 of 3 (794 Views)
Expert

Re: water damage

Pioneertrail wrote:

My son was pushed in a pool. will AT & T cover the damage. I was told no by so many people.. only have had the phone since Oct 2011. have a lot of time to pay on the Contract..I have tried the rice thing, for approx. 10 hours so far. it comes on, but no screen. Its a smart phone. please let me know what to do.

unles you have insurance on the phone, att will not replace it.try 5 or 6 days in the rice. Other then that you can get a att gophone and put your son's sim into it or purchase a used phone off ebay. You can also check your home owners insurance to see if it will cover the phone

Message 2 of 3 (793 Views)
Expert

Re: water damage

The rice works, usually, but you have to leave it in longer than 10 hours. It also happened to my sister...her's fell in a toliet, though. Took out the batttery and Sim and left it in rice for 3 days. Phone still works!! Good luck!! 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 3 of 3 (754 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.