Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 1, 2011
8:55:07 AM
View profile
warning to customers when pre-ordering.

i just preordered my 4s  on october 7. received a receipt thrugh the emailreceived the phone on the 14,.i thought it was debited. found out earlier today it was debited on the 31st of october.now my balance is overdrawn. at7t should give us a warning ahead of time, as to when theyre goin to debit. dnt know if i should be checking everyday which i knew i paid for it on the spot.oh welll learn my lesson, leave space on your account..

i just preordered my 4s  on october 7. received a receipt thrugh the emailreceived the phone on the 14,.i thought it was debited. found out earlier today it was debited on the 31st of october.now my balance is overdrawn. at7t should give us a warning ahead of time, as to when theyre goin to debit. dnt know if i should be checking everyday which i knew i paid for it on the spot.oh welll learn my lesson, leave space on your account..

warning to customers when pre-ordering.

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 7:29:05 PM
(0)
Guru
You didn't realize that you had a couple hundred extra dollars in your account. That's the 1st thing I learned after getting a checking account.
You didn't realize that you had a couple hundred extra dollars in your account. That's the 1st thing I learned after getting a checking account.

Re: warning to customers when pre-ordering.

2 of 12 (484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 9:00:16 PM
(0)
Scholar
Oh wow. Thats not good Yeah it's a good idea to deduct that amount from your balance immediately. If your balance shows more, best to leave it alone because that $ is coming out soon enough.
Oh wow. Thats not good Yeah it's a good idea to deduct that amount from your balance immediately. If your balance shows more, best to leave it alone because that $ is coming out soon enough.

3 of 12 (461 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 9:28:20 PM
(0)
Mentor

Simple math don't commit money you don't have

Simple math don't commit money you don't have

4 of 12 (447 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 3:33:13 AM
(0)
Professor

that is your fault not AT&T.  make sure you HAD the money in your account to cover the cost of the iphone 4S!

that is your fault not AT&T.  make sure you HAD the money in your account to cover the cost of the iphone 4S!

hello!!!

5 of 12 (428 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 7:24:05 AM
(0)
Guru

Sheesh, the OP acknowledged that he should have known better and that he learned his lesson--no need to bury him any further (except for the one poster who sympathized with OP)...but hey, it's apparently passe to criticize other folks (online) when they make mistakes that they could have easily avoided, even after they've already admitted that they should have known better and will learn from it... Smiley Wink

Yes, OP should have checked his account to see if his purchase was indeed debited rather than assume that because he received his iPhone, the funds had already been deducted from his account.

Sheesh, the OP acknowledged that he should have known better and that he learned his lesson--no need to bury him any further (except for the one poster who sympathized with OP)...but hey, it's apparently passe to criticize other folks (online) when they make mistakes that they could have easily avoided, even after they've already admitted that they should have known better and will learn from it... Smiley Wink

Yes, OP should have checked his account to see if his purchase was indeed debited rather than assume that because he received his iPhone, the funds had already been deducted from his account.

6 of 12 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 4:21:02 PM
(0)
Guru

tonester wrote:

I might agree BUT he's blaming AT&T for his mistake!

tonester wrote:

I might agree BUT he's blaming AT&T for his mistake!

7 of 12 (349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 12:40:28 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by MesterSteve on Nov 3, 2011 at 12:41:00 AM

I'm sure you could convince AT&T to refund the money back into your account. They'll just keep your iPhone 4S.

Sounds like you might need the money more than you need the phone.

I'm sure you could convince AT&T to refund the money back into your account. They'll just keep your iPhone 4S.

[ Edited ]
8 of 12 (301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 5:42:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
If he was that close on his account, he should have used a credit card, then it wouldn't matter when it was charged to his account and he could pay it whenever.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
If he was that close on his account, he should have used a credit card, then it wouldn't matter when it was charged to his account and he could pay it whenever.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 12 (279 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 8:32:18 AM
(0)
Guru

MesterSteve wrote:

Wow, so you assume that because he didn't have sufficient funds in his account to cover the transaction, he might be struggling financially and/or has his priorities out of whack?  Just because OP didn't keep track of how much he had in his account--and thus his account became overdrawn--doesn't automatically mean he might be hurting financially.

MesterSteve wrote:

Wow, so you assume that because he didn't have sufficient funds in his account to cover the transaction, he might be struggling financially and/or has his priorities out of whack?  Just because OP didn't keep track of how much he had in his account--and thus his account became overdrawn--doesn't automatically mean he might be hurting financially.

10 of 12 (244 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 11:30:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I wonder if something else is going on here.  If you received your phone on the 14th, it is very unusual for them to wait over two weeks to process the payment transaction.  I got my phone first last year, but the payment came out the next day after I got the phone, not half a month later.

I wonder if something else is going on here.  If you received your phone on the 14th, it is very unusual for them to wait over two weeks to process the payment transaction.  I got my phone first last year, but the payment came out the next day after I got the phone, not half a month later.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 12 (139 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 4:41:45 PM
(0)
Mentor

This is why I always use a real credit card to make purchases and just pay it off completely at the end of the month. Keeping track of all the debit purchases when you're pure digital and don't cary a check book is a pain. Plus with the credit card I can earn reward points even though I never pay a dime in interest.

Dan

This is why I always use a real credit card to make purchases and just pay it off completely at the end of the month. Keeping track of all the debit purchases when you're pure digital and don't cary a check book is a pain. Plus with the credit card I can earn reward points even though I never pay a dime in interest.

Dan

12 of 12 (122 Views)